Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH)

Thread Title Search
Click for quality CMH grow lights at Ceramic Solutions!
Philips 315w CDM Elite (CMH) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 05:38 AM #4941
gh0stm0de
Vendor

gh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nice
670W~ for their 630 DE.
gh0stm0de is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:54 AM #4942
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stm0de View Post
670W~ for their 630 DE.

315w EBM Chinese ballast.
Tested with Cheap Power Meter from EBay.

RESULTS in Australia.
Setting - - - - Watts Measured at 240v AC wall Socket.
145W - - - - - 180W.
215W - - - - - 256W.
315W - - - - - 365W.

35-50W additional energy using 315W Master GreenPower Elite Agro 930.

-------------------------

Are you saying the 630w EBM dual tube Chinese ballast uses 670W in total?

Actually, could be about right.
Thanks

For 2x 315W EBM ballast
365W x2 = 730W
60W Saving using the dual version.

`

Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 AM #4943
gh0stm0de
Vendor

gh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nicegh0stm0de is just really nice
I cannot speak regarding the dual 315 offhand as I do not sell 315s since you already have many solid choices, but yes that is correct, looking at about 670 on the 630 setting for their DE ballast.

Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 AM #4944
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I cannot speak regarding the dual 315 offhand as I do not sell 315s since you already have many solid choices, but yes that is correct, looking at about 670 on the 630 setting for their DE ballast.
I have never used the 630W EBM Ballast. (Says Double ended?)

Regarding how to use them:
Can you just wire 2x 315W Master GreenPower Elite Agro 930 tubes.

The Dimming for EBM 630W ballast starts at 300W.
I take it, 150W per tube with this Double Ballast?
145-150W per tube is right on the money for me.

I would be interested to know:.
The Wattage at wall for EBM 630W ballast Dimmed to 300W running
2x 315W Master GreenPower Elite Agro 930 tubes.

`

Old 02-07-2019, 02:08 AM #4945
gh0stm0de
Vendor

EBM says 350W~ at the wall for 2x 315 dimmed to 300

Old 02-07-2019, 07:09 AM #4946
Home-Grown

Quote:
EBM says 350W~ at the wall for 2x 315 dimmed to 300

Dimming seems to be the go, 350W @ the wall.
2x "315W Master GreenPower Elite Agro 930 Tubes" @150w each.

Putting the 2 Tube parrrellel for :|:|: would give better light distribution than :-:-:

Old 03-07-2019, 11:19 AM #4947
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Figured after all the threats of going with CMH, I should come back and post a mid-run update. Plants are about 18 days in.

No complaints with the Grower's Choice 315w so far. Plants are growing happy and healthy.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:12 PM #4948
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to all
dank... how high do u keep the hood over the tops??
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2019, 12:32 PM #4949
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Well, I don't really have a set standard at this point. I'm still learning how to use them right, myself. First round with them and all seed plants. They've been everything from 22" to where they are now at about 11" and that's just because the plants are still stretching. It seems around 14" though is about right.

I've not seen any negative impact on the plants at these distances, although, the 22" caused way too much stretch between internodes. At least in my setup anything beyond 18" would be to far.

Light penetration changes as the lights get moved higher as well, so as the lights go up, the canopy gets a bit thinned more. I really only see about 14-16" max depth of true canopy where I expect to have A+ grade flowers.

I see a tendency for plants to toss nut sacks in low light so keeping the underside of the canopy cleaned and stripped seems to be extra important with these, compared to a 1k, which I'm used to.

I'm not expecting 1k numbers, that'd be ridiculous. However, I'm seeing what I'd consider far superior performance to a 400w HPS system - even at this point in the first round of flower. With 2 x 315 I fully expect I'll be able to hit 1.5# with them easily enough. With the right strain, perhaps 2 is not actually unreasonable. I didn't think I'd make that statement, but I can see the potential if done right.

This is the other side of the room, under the other light. It's at 17" from the closest top, currently. I checked.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:24 PM #4950
GET MO
Registered Med User

GET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond reputeGET MO has a reputation beyond repute
Nice DF! Keep us updated!
-CA Med Patient in compliance with SB 420/Prop 215-
IG Drohammad
-Get Mo's Grow Log-
-Relentless Genetics Grow-
-Ace genetics grow-
BloomShotz!!
Dried Bud Shots...
Vert Baby!!!
GET MO is offline Quote