Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 01:03 AM #3531
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by red23 View Post
Greeks for centuries have been cob curing their landraces
Similar to Malawi style cure, buried in the ground
When and if I come close to the technique,I'd love to share it T.
My sister in law is married to a great Greek guy so I am aware the Greeks were instrumental in everything good in this world ha ha.
Just joking my friend please post pics and anything to do with old school curing techniques especially Greek ones.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:31 AM #3532
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
Hi Tangwena,
Though I haven't read the whole thread yet...it inspired me. I'm an old guy just getting back to growing after a decade off.

My first crop I chose to pollinate to ensure a good seed supply. Not just a few branches either.

That's my question...how would you do a COB with seeded buds? Once dry enough to COB I would tear apart the buds to get seeds and then COB the bud material. Sound doable? And my apology if this has already been asked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
JD

Old 01-31-2019, 01:59 AM #3533
red23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
My sister in law is married to a great Greek guy so I am aware the Greeks were instrumental in everything good in this world ha ha.
Just joking my friend please post pics and anything to do with old school curing techniques especially Greek ones.
Will do

Old 01-31-2019, 07:02 AM #3534
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDee View Post
Hi Tangwena,
Though I haven't read the whole thread yet...it inspired me. I'm an old guy just getting back to growing after a decade off.

My first crop I chose to pollinate to ensure a good seed supply. Not just a few branches either.

That's my question...how would you do a COB with seeded buds? Once dry enough to COB I would tear apart the buds to get seeds and then COB the bud material. Sound doable? And my apology if this has already been asked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
JD
I do the same I would take ripe seeds before cobbing as after the sweating and curing some may not germinate.
Especially the darker cures the seeds seem to die off.
The lighter less sweated cobs are usually ok for seeds but i always take them for growing first before cobbing.
Being an old bastard myself I know where your coming from I too gave up pot for 15 years while I was making my fortune working my ass off.
But now I'm retired and its the best hobby ever and reliving the trippy times of my previous life is nothing short of amazing.
People who get bored in retirement need to get a hobby, making cobs is all engrossing, fermentation is an amazing thing its like old time alchemy with the changes you can make happen.

It makes growing last forever instead of stopping as soon as the grow is over. I have cobs aging over 5 years and still getting better every day it keeps a reminder of that grow alive.

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:03 AM #3535
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
Dr Dee...Removing seeds from heavily seeded half dried bud will result in lots of resin smudging and bud mangling...so it's best not to. As your crop is seeded, if you really want to try cobbing I'd suggest doing this with just a couple of handfuls of bud instead of the whole crop and make two small cobs as having lots of seeds in cobs is no fun, especially if the cob are rolled up dense and tight. Use a pair of tweezers or small curved manicure scissors to pry out as many seeds as possible before making cobs. If you use your hands and fingers to try and remove seeds from half dry buds then they will look mangled afterwards with many of the exterior resin heads burst open, this happens much less so with tweezers.

Happy Cobbing!
Fermented is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 12:24 PM #3536
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
One more week to go and my first cob attempt will be ready.
Purple haze x Honduras, Durban and nebula x blueberry.
With Golden tiger a week behind. Looking good so far.
Been sampling the Durban this week, strong up effects with practically no crash, perfect.

Thank you tangwena for all the info on how to turn my buds into exquisite turd looking sticks.
I'm with you brother. I put my Swazi and GG4 cobs away December 1st with the promise to myself that I would be patient and not touch them until Feb 1st. I'm currently out of the country, but the minute I get back, I'm going to have a private party. lol

Julian's Massive Outdoor Grow thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=62895

------------
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:02 PM #3537
DrDee

DrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the roughDrDee is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
Dr Dee...Removing seeds from heavily seeded half dried bud will result in lots of resin smudging and bud mangling...so it's best not to. As your crop is seeded, if you really want to try cobbing I'd suggest doing this with just a couple of handfuls of bud instead of the whole crop and make two small cobs as having lots of seeds in cobs is no fun, especially if the cob are rolled up dense and tight. Use a pair of tweezers or small curved manicure scissors to pry out as many seeds as possible before making cobs. If you use your hands and fingers to try and remove seeds from half dry buds then they will look mangled afterwards with many of the exterior resin heads burst open, this happens much less so with tweezers.

Happy Cobbing!
Thanks much fermented...good advice which I will follow. It would be fun to try a cob rather then having to wait till my next (non-seeded) harvest.
Cheers,
JD
DrDee is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 08:01 PM #3538
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDman View Post
Hello
Sorry if i am wrong.

What the hell is this ?
Forgotten buds in toilette with poop 1 year atleast ?

Tell me please what is this nasty looking shiat ?

Also, what is Angel dust ?
Classic post.

To be fair , if I'd unrapped that cob,
I would of freaked out, thinking that was pm/mold.
Hopefully it is angel dust?
(Which I hope is code for THC.)
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 08:57 PM #3539
Tangwena

Dr Dee dont worry about preserving the resin glands and keeping the beautiful buds looking like perfectly dried flowers.
That is fine for people who have been sucked in to the very new school premise that the buds have to be handled as little as possible and every little resin gland is a precious thing that needs to be handled with kid gloves.

This thread is about old school fermentation of pot. To do this the flowers WILL be mangled and broken, the resin will also likewise be smashed melted and mixed with all the other terpenes, oils and plant matter to form the finished product.
The seeds can be left in and removed before smoking or left in if chewing the cured cob.

And yes it looks like a dogs turd to those who know no other way of curing other than just drying the flower sticking it in a jar hoping for the best and then kidding themselves that somehow its been cured.
All you will have is an aged dry flower nothing else.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:13 AM #3540
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
just relax.....

no hard drogas here
Sertaiz is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.