Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > FIM, and tipping.. What say you?

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
FIM, and tipping.. What say you? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2019, 10:49 AM #11
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivorTychoMonolyth is a survivor
If it's in my yard I'll fim and top until the cows come home because I can add support. But in the wild, I just let them go because this happens.

(Look at the stalk in the center of the picture)
TychoMonolyth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:12 PM #12
TrillOG

TrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of lightTrillOG is a glorious beacon of light
Nice looking plants guys!

Old 01-19-2019, 08:27 AM #13
squatty

squatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the rough
"Kush van stitch and tao blueberry are on the chop block this next go round"

I have not grown Top Tao seeds yet but I do have some Demon Auto Tao I'm looking forward to growing some day.

I did grow Kush Van Stitch indoor a few years ago. The smoke was nice.

squatty is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:25 PM #14
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpie eyes View Post
lst the best way to grow
Totally agree with you by Low Stress Training unless running 'super' autos.
Have cola LST example in the Test Grows of Female Seeds, running 2 phenos of AK showing the difference.

Would rather have numerous plants finish 72-80 days than fimmed/topped super auto running 100-120 days. Personal preference.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2019, 07:48 AM #15
squatty

squatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the roughsquatty is a jewel in the rough
I just happened to find an article online at High Times where they discuss the prospect of topping autoflowers.

https://hightimes.com/sponsored/how-...ld-of-growing/
squatty is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2019, 06:00 PM #16
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Any article advocating Fast Buds are rubbish.

And large autos, topping early can lead to other bud sites.

Due to the nature/ruderalis genes...go ahead and top/fim, etc. We clean up lower branches be removing them a few weeks before harvest as bud formation is that stage., LST the rest that does NOT stress the plant as above techniques offer. With super autos there's more time to recover in their 100-120 day life. Those finishing at 70-80 days...it's not easy for the plant to recover.

To each their own.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2019, 06:40 PM #17
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
That "article" is sponsored and is actually an advertisement. Paid content.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2019, 07:39 PM #18
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of lightpumpkinpie eyes is a glorious beacon of light
fast duds...trash. learned lst works perfectly. grow em good.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2019, 06:17 AM #19
squatty

I did not notice that was an advertisement. I was noting the portion where some were sharing experience growing autoflowers. Maybe they are not real dudes? Who knows these days...

Green’s process is pretty straight-forward, “I typically top the plant at the third node and remove the first and second nodes as well. Continuing to grow out the third node horizontally by tying or staking down all the new growth tips until the flower stretch happens. While also practicing heavy to light defoliation throughout its life. I am also a heavy feeder and like to push my plants to their limits to see what they can handle.”

Tripaholic advises against Green’s strategy. “I don’t do any High Stress Training such as topping or mainlining,” he says, “Some techniques I use are LST, leaf tucking, pony tailing and defoliation.”

Meanwhile, JM advises against topping but does advocate transplanting, “Start with one 0.2 or 0.4-gallon pot and then transplant to a 3-gallon pot.”

Willhauck, on the other hand, advocates balance, “I have been experimenting with multiple training techniques. If I am growing for yield, I consider topping at the 3rd node and utilizing light defoliation to give those side branches as much light as possible.”
squatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:20 PM #20
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
There are many factors contributing to a successful grow, these guys have different methods because they tried different things and some did, some did not work for them.
I would discard any advice if the grower can't provide infos on which af varieties are being grown. Not all autoflowers grow the same, so I'll just quote aridbud's "to each their own".
The best is to just grow and learn, observe well and with a little of a scientific mindset you'll get enough experience soon, far more valuable than any other's advice.

My recap on AFs: only fim(goal-even canopy) , no repotting, light soil mix + easy with nutes at start, flush last 10days. That's about it.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote