Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Forgiving cheap nutrients

Thread Title Search
-
Forgiving cheap nutrients Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2019, 03:34 PM #31
SMT

SMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really niceSMT is just really nice
floranova bloom has proved fantastic results
SMT is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:48 AM #32
Goats

Goats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud of
megacrop is dirt cheap and dead simple. hard to fuck up a 1 part as the gardener. the stuff works just fine too. it is probably what i would suggest to pretty much anyone starting out with non-organic growing.
Goats is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 04:44 AM #33
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Thanks for the suggestion! I have never heard of mega crop before. It looks pretty decent and with pallet pricing is about the same price as jacks and grow more. One thing i have been noticing, is all these crazy high k formulations. Megacrop is 9-6-17 and it already has calnite and magnite added. Peters and growmore both have a 5-11-26 that with the added calnite has a similar ratio. Im not super hip to synthetic fert developments. What is the GENERAL thoughts on ideal nute ratios? I mean, i know that cannabis can thrive under all sorts of ratios and I'm sure it would do just fine with tons of k with enough ca to support it... But what is ideal for most plants? Really 2x as much k as N? And what for flower?
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 05:46 AM #34
Goats

Goats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud ofGoats has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I have never heard of mega crop before. It looks pretty decent and with pallet pricing is about the same price as jacks and grow more. One thing i have been noticing, is all these crazy high k formulations. Megacrop is 9-6-17 and it already has calnite and magnite added. Peters and growmore both have a 5-11-26 that with the added calnite has a similar ratio. Im not super hip to synthetic fert developments. What is the GENERAL thoughts on ideal nute ratios? I mean, i know that cannabis can thrive under all sorts of ratios and I'm sure it would do just fine with tons of k with enough ca to support it... But what is ideal for most plants? Really 2x as much k as N? And what for flower?
I used jacks in the 3:2:1 ratio for a bit and it produced nice flowers, but they were bland in aroma and taste compared to what i experienced with veg+bloom and my buddy's crop who uses megacrop.

i have stopped using jacks and moved to megacrop because jacks shipping prices are really high to where i live and megacrop uses amazon shipping so it's free and shows up in a day or two.
Goats is offline Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 05:59 AM #35
Malato

Malato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to behold
3-1-2 during veg 1-3-2 for flower
That's just the ratio I use as a general rule of thumb guessing 30-10-20 is equivalent to the 3-1-2 just using in 1/10 the amount.

I pee on my plants.... GG x triangle kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358327

A pissers tale

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....59#post8496959
Malato is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 07:19 AM #36
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud ofCrushnYuba has much to be proud of
Goats: i have peters and grow more locally at about 60 a bag. But mega grow seems to have pallets at a decent price.
Malato: i have had really good grows with similar ratios. I'm wondering what is the reason for these high k ratios. I have had good results with 2-1-2 and 1-2-2. But i feel like there is a reason that so many newer formulas and success is at 2-1-4 in veg.

Growmore has a ton of cheap dry formulas in their mendo line with marketed for cannabis.
20-6-16 and 9 -21-12 that mimic dynagro ratios and contains both nitrate and amonical N.
10-7-16 containing all nitrate N that's supposedly ph buffered.
5-11-26 that mimics Jack's
6-30-30, 5-10-40, 5-50-1.
Then there are the formulas with urea

My main question at this point is k level.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:18 AM #37
creativeprocess

creativeprocess will become famous soon enoughcreativeprocess will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
Growmore has a ton of cheap dry formulas in their mendo line with marketed for cannabis.
20-6-16 and 9 -21-12 that mimic dynagro ratios and contains both nitrate and amonical N.
10-7-16 containing all nitrate N that's supposedly ph buffered.
5-11-26 that mimics Jack's
6-30-30, 5-10-40, 5-50-1.
Then there are the formulas with urea

My main question at this point is k level.
I'venever looked into Growmore but I use General Hydroponics Maxi series, dry. It's just about $4/lb from Walmart.com for both the 15-5-14 (maxigro) and 5-15-14 (maxibloom) it's got all your bases covered for micros. Free shipping!

55 gallon rez, from eBay I supplement about:
- 1/4 cup Calcium Hydroxide cheap, like $1/lb and dissolves really well
- 1 cup Magensium Sulfate also cheap, like $1/lb or so

Going into week 4+ flower I supplement Monopotassium Phosphate from eBay also forget how much but also cheap.

creativeprocess is offline Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 AM #38
creativeprocess

creativeprocess will become famous soon enoughcreativeprocess will become famous soon enough
Don't waste your money on all those watered-down bullsh*t nutrients. They're selling us filtered water and charging us 800% markup on powdered nutrients, the f*cking pirate bastards in these nute companies.

creativeprocess is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:56 PM #39
CrushnYuba

Creative process: I'm not considering using any liquid product at all.

Why hasn't anyone answered about K ratios? I keep looking for the answer and can't find it. I'm wondering if the high k ratio is because some people are trying to use a single fertilizer through veg and flower.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:25 AM #40
Glaucksbacon

Glaucksbacon will become famous soon enough
Another +1 for megacrop, loving this stuff. They have a cheap sample size. I'm running coco so I still supplement calmag and recharge and run a pk boost and molasses in flower. Great smell and taste, and so much easier and quicker to water.
Glaucksbacon is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.