Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Collecting and research...

Thread Title Search
Collecting and research... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 AM #331
lost in a sea
Lifer

lost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant futurelost in a sea has a brilliant future
so come on spill the beans chimera

both figuratively and metaphorically,, i need to know how much to save up

lost in a sea is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM #332
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
I see this thread has been bumped a few times already but really it should stay in page one of this sub forum.

Any who haven't gone through its pages with a fine tooth comb should do.

It would be great if there might be some fresh insight on what has gone on/is going on at this little cannabis paradise.

I can only imagine the variation that the Morrocan pollen has done to all the varieties that were planted. I started out as an outdoor grower and my heart still resides there somewhat. Indoor growing has always interested me but also made me question the direction that seed production was going. I can remember back in the early nineties being given cuttings from an indoor grow with flowering times that would suit my outdoor environment. During the process of hardening them off I found that everyday presented me with more and more bugs being drawn to these specific plants. There were other outdoor varieties with these plants that didn't have nearly as much of this problem.

Of course different genes will express varied weaknesses whatever the variety. I'm sure a disease and bug proof plant would be possible for a generation or so or until it's resistance encountered something new that it wasn't able to deal with.

Could this field bare expressions which would lead an indoor grower to use less money, time and effort in combating disease, bugs etc? I like to think so.. Mixing something as hardy as the Moroccan with some truly outstanding cultivated lines can only be a good thing.

I for one would like to know more; and to those who are also interested I entreat you to rack your brains and ask some enticing questions so that the powers that be might feel moved to reveal more about this little venture...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:08 AM #333
pebble
turtle

pebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Having troubles with my re-sizing software.. will get more up later.

Enjoy!

View Image

-Chimera
Quote:
This will have to hold you for a few days....

View Image

-Chimera
pebble is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:41 AM #334
pebble
turtle

pebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of lightpebble is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Thanks for stopping in milo.

I should add too, Kalbhairav, that the sativa plot was watered early on with a sprinkler type setup as this portion of the property did not get a dripper system. They had a large water line that ran the length, and I believe they would just turn it on and flood the area every couple of days but I am not 100% about that. Ill try to remember to ask.

Seeds were scatter planted in this area (broadcast seeding), and males were rogued (pulled) as they were identified... unless they happened to be particularly virile looking in which case they were left to pollinate the crop, and hopefully outcompete some of the pakistani/maroc kif pollen flying around.

Here's a few more insects... if anyone can identify I'd be grateful- it was tough to get a proper translation of the name from Arabic, and I'm no entomologist.

View Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.penthotal View Post
I agree, they look like stink bugs (nezara viridula) or some of different species of this family of bugs (Dorycoris spp.).
This year I noticed a few loss by them, they're nasty. They like hot weather. They suck on the plant sap and let the plant die as they breed they prole on it.
Noticed some adults and some babies all together. They feed on different plants including cannabis. They're difficult to control, but there's some biological control. Dunno yet if it's appliable in this setting.
In an earlier stage mine looked like these. The black ones. in the lower section there's a metcalfa pruriginosa (white)

View Image

hope this helps,
regards
Dr.P
please chimera..... dont stop!!! great work... espectacular plants.... all in one word: AWESOME!!!

this is Eysarcoris spp in the mediteranean sea zone.. we have lots of them

they smell really stinky

pd: they can be predatory or parasitic species, most feed on plants thanks to its chopper-sucking mouthparts

pebble is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM #335
CulturedHeathen

Those little fuckers have made it to the pacific northwest (USA) already. People are starting to freak out, understandingly.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:48 PM #336
OptionDork

Quote:
1- the amazing sativa highs are not extinct, they are just highly under represented on the market place. Not to sound uppity, but markets like California and Colorado are still interested in producing weight over quality. Sure, good quality weight in many cases, but nobody is growing the 22 week sativas.
I live in Cali and hard to find any good sativas. I doubt the amount grown is more than a few percent. One of the issues is finish time. Where I'm at October 15th usually the cutoff date due to frost. Unless you have a greenhouse, and even then supplemental lighting is advisable to bring out the plant's full potential, pretty much impossible to grow any good sats where I'm at or in most of the major growing areas in Cali. Even without the frosts the wet season usually hits.

Old 01-29-2014, 12:16 PM #337
SeedsOfFreedom

SeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really niceSeedsOfFreedom is just really nice
Chimera, great work brother! Good to see our community has some intelligent and motivated people leading the way. I had no idea some of the stuff you have been doing until now ,when I started reading some of your threads. I even put a few more packs of your seeds on my "seeds to acquire" list! I always like supporting companies with good intentions and innovative ideas.
I do have a question for you though, what is the dried flower like off of the Moroccan kif variety? I love hash at night, but prefer the balanced feel of herb all day. I have always wondered what these classic hash strains would smoke like in flower form. Do they taste like Moroccan hash themselves?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM #338
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
What a wonderful thread. Thank you Chimera for posting the little that you did. I truly appreciate the loads of information provided.

Your photos make my dream of seeing my field of dreams even closer to reality & with the current laws in my state the dream may become a reality.

I would love to see more pics from your trip to Morocco. Would also love to hear. of anything you've seen with the seed you collected.

It seems this thread nearly died as son as you posted.the results of the hash sampling. Would love to hear how Chemira describes the characteristics of that lovely Mental Floss hash.

If you could dig through the old hard drive I'm quite sure dome others would also be delighted.

Thank again, Chimera, for fighting the good fight and for providing us with some of the worlds best quality genetics.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 PM #339
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Just received word there'll be mucho chimera gear being planted down there again with some very experienced and dedicated farmers, so we should see some healthier beefier plants this time around... good things ahead again this year!

-Chimera

Last edited by Chimera; 02-15-2014 at 05:42 AM..
Chimera is offline Quote

15 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:19 PM #340
VagPuncher
Balls Deep!!

VagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to beholdVagPuncher is a splendid one to behold
Wish you were down in that region this summer. Me and the Old lady would come visit.