What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tripleberry F2 Testers by browntrout

starke

Update Veg

Update Veg

Today marks three weeks the seedlings have been above ground and I would say they have made the most of this past week. Have bumped the lighting to 700 umols and the Jacks/Calnit to 1.0ec. and they seem happy with both. Hempy cups make it hard to screw up.

All I have grown thus far have been heavy sativa dom hybrids. Seedling 15 (last row far right) is the most indica leaning plant at this stage that I have seen. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these play out.

Next update in a week unless I manage to screw something up before then.

Last week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
every time i fill red solos for seedling i sing the chorus of red solo cup song.
red solo cup i fill you up lets have a party :)

starke

Update Veg

Update Veg

Four weeks now these gems have been above ground and they appear to be happy so far. Still feeding at 1.0ec every other day in the Hempy cups. All of these plants are remaining very indica looking both in stature and leaf structure, at least compared to the sativa doms I'm used to. Just rockin' along at this point waiting to see which ones lift their skirts first. Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

This morning:

picture.php

M

mrghost

My flowering and seedling rooms are almost at the same stage as yours (1 week back). So this is very interesting to watch.

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

Five weeks old today and basically seem happy enough. Four of the plants are showing what I believe is a calcium deficiency, which doesn't make much sense with the Jacks, especially since I've got six other plants in veg that are all fine being fed from the same rez. Going out of town until Sunday. Will probably up-pot to one gallons when I get back. Maybe they just need some new digs.

All of the plants are staying compact at this point with tight node spacing. Going to wait another week before deciding on topping.

No signs of sex yet (I really need to put my glasses on) but should be getting close.

Last Week:

picture.php

This Morning:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

starke

Sex Update

Sex Update

Plant numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, 11 and 15 have shown as males, no questions asked. The close up below is from #15 but all of the males looked about the same.

Plants #2 and #6 are too close to call, but the rest are female for sure.

Would love to keep at least one of the males to fool around with down the road because they appear so vigorous at this point, but I just don't have the room. So culled they are.

Next update on Friday.

The Males:

picture.php

picture.php

browntrout

Veteran
Looking good thus far Starke, what light schedule are they on? Also it may be wise to transplant as they can be a bit sensitive to early flower on light schedules less than 20/4 and rootbind. The males in this line tend to autoflower and can be hard to keep.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Plant numbers 1, 5, 7, 8, 11 and 15 have shown as males, no questions asked. The close up below is from #15 but all of the males looked about the same.

Plants #3 and #6 are too close to call, but the rest are female for sure.

Would love to keep at least one of the males to fool around with down the road because they appear so vigorous at this point, but I just don't have the room. So culled they are.

Next update on Friday.

The Males:

View Image

View Image

Shame about space, i hear you.. but ok going on the male to female ratio nice one starke.:)

starke

Looking good thus far Starke, what light schedule are they on? Also it may be wise to transplant as they can be a bit sensitive to early flower on light schedules less than 20/4 and rootbind. The males in this line tend to autoflower and can be hard to keep.

18/6 but I will bump it up today to 20/4. I transplanted into one gallons today. Thanks for the heads up info.

Shame about space, i hear you.. but ok going on the male to female ratio nice one starke.:)

My entire house could be devoted to grow space and I would still complain about not having enough space for something. :biggrin:

starke

Weekly Update Veg

Weekly Update Veg

Six weeks above ground and the ladies have finally declared themselves. Number two ended up being male but number six turned out female.

Recap: 15 seeds germed and sprouted above ground. One seedling failed to develop cotyledons and was culled. Of the 14 remaining seedlings we ended up with seven males and seven females. Right on the money.

The ladies currently seem to represent three different phenos, at least based on appearance:

picture.php

Numbers three, four and ten are very short, squat and broad leafed. Numbers six, 13 and 14 are more narrow leafed and narrow in upward growth. Number twelve is the outlier and looks like none of the others, which immediately makes her my favorite.

I have not decided yet about topping as all of the plants have very close nodes. Leaning towards topping six, 13 and 14 if any.

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

Just got done topping numbers six, 13 and 14. As close as the growth was at the tips, they could be topped, could be fimed or could be fucked. A couple of days will tell.

Buckeyebandit

Starke
I topped just the center once and they responded well to it in my case. Once they hit the stretch you'll be glad you did. Plan to post both females of mine in the next couple of days. Looking good in here by the way. Look forward to see the bloom phase for you

starke

Starke
I topped just the center once and they responded well to it in my case. Once they hit the stretch you'll be glad you did. Plan to post both females of mine in the next couple of days. Looking good in here by the way. Look forward to see the bloom phase for you

Thanks for the info. I grow sativa doms, so from my perspective it's like these plants are just barely growing at all right now.

starke

Update Veg

Update Veg

Seven weeks today and not much to report. I am still experiencing what appears to be some Calcium issues which I have not dealt with before with Jacks and Calnit. Have some calmag on order so we will see if that makes any difference when it arrives.

Growth seems slow on all these girls, not just the three that were topped. Maybe it's just me and my lack of experience with Indicas. Time will tell. Anyone who has run or is running these ladies, feel free to chime in with observations or advice.

Last Week:

picture.php

Today:

picture.php

Peace,
starke

Buckeyebandit

When I first put mine under the big hoods they look some what like yours do. I did throw some cal-mag at them but I think it was more the lights that had them drop. What size light are they under now?

starke

5000K LED. My PAR meter says they are receiving about 700 umols. This is the same light they have been under since breaking ground.