What's new

Sexing seeds

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Im doing my first indoor run with seed not feminized.
They are doing good in 4 inch plastic containers.
I was wondering about 1 gallon size next, Do you think before getting root bound in that container they will show their sex before going into 3 or 5 gallon containers which will be there final home? Thanks

Current soil is Roots Organic 707 blend.

They are currently under a T-5 or T-8 flourecent fixture. And will be eventually going under 600 MH. Or 1000 HPS for vegging once re potted, if there isn't enough space under the MH light. Thanks

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd say 2.5 gallon containers, sexed, then transplant into 5 gallon. Allows for bigger root ball giving room to grow.

That's how we grow our photoperiod strains indoors or in greenhouse.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I've always sprouted in the red plastic Solo cups, and then potted up into the 1 gal size for a while to presex and veg a bit before it goes into the dirt outside. I've never tried a big real true indoor grow, but it seems the larger the pot I use during the short winter grow indoors, it is more forgiving and isn't so picky about nutes and water.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Ideally id like to go from the 4 inch, into 3 gallon fabric pots but there has to be a transplant before that. So I'm shooting for 5 gallon containers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ideally id like to go from the 4 inch, into 3 gallon fabric pots but there has to be a transplant before that. So I'm shooting for 5 gallon containers

Sure, you can do that!

Solo cups are fine, too....just stunts them if you don't plant right away.

Good luck!!