What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

‘Idiocracy’ Come True: Even Pentagon Says Morons Are Inheriting the Earth!

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Flynn’s work on IQ is frequently referenced in Steven Pinker’s book, “The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined.”

It’s a worthy read for anyone interested in this subject. Be forewarned though, you naysayers, it paints an optimistic picture of humanity becoming more intelligent and empathetic in a historical context. :biggrin:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Just think...

Just think...

If you’re in the top 20 percentile...

80% of the people are stupider than you..

Top 30 percentile..

70% get it?

How do you rate? 40? 50?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
George Carlin said it best, "Just look at how fucking stupid the average person is. And then, realize that HALF the people in the world are fucking DUMBER that that. LMAO

Loved George.

You want to have a REALLY miserable existence on this fucking rock? Be in the top 1%.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Have you ever been in the military?

Have you ever been in the military?

Hey!!! I was an independent contractor for the DoD for almost 20 years, LOL

As Curly says, "I resemble that remark. Nyuk nyuk nyuk."

I was a whistle blower early in my career until I learned better. LOL

As for what the peeps in the DoD do when they aren't busy (which is almost always)..... you DO NOT want to know. LMAO

If you don't think the world is full of irony, face this one. The truth is, they sit around and make fun of how stupid you people are. LMAO Meanwhile, you're making fun of how stupid they are.

I had the unique opportunity where I sat on both sides in different situations so I, perhaps, have a more open perspective than those who have only seen one side.

I could tell you things that went on behind closed doors that would make you grab your musket in wayyyy less than a minute. LOL

You can see where you fit in :party: If you stay in you will be in charge

You will probably be in the less than 70 percentile in brain power

:groupwave:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
"We were incredibly successful in Puerto Rico".

This was stated knowing (maybe) the death toll had been revised from 64 to 2,975 people. Is he stupid for saying it or are people stupid for believing him? Maybe both.

This is Idiocracy.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Why waste the money on spacing them (or us) out of here. I like my idea..... everyone under 125 IQ.... bang. In the head. In the hole.

Gonna need one big mother fucking hole. LMAO

But, as goes the story of my life.... no one ever wants to play the games I want to play. LOL

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You would need around 6 billion bullets for a kull that big and just the thought of it makes me shudder because I'm waaay under par, and will just end up as one of the kulled.

Trying to murder 6 billion people would certainly get you top billing against any mere serial killer in the house of horrors.

I wouldn't call it a game.....wholesale slaughter on that scale must be bloody hard work, and work I would not recommend, for it will just lead to nightmares.

Why waste the money on spacing them (or us) out of here. I like my idea..... everyone under 125 IQ.... bang. In the head. In the hole.

Gonna need one big mother fucking hole. LMAO

But, as goes the story of my life.... no one ever wants to play the games I want to play. LOL

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Yeah, bullets are so .... well, Terran.

I could snap my fingers and make it so.

Not really. But, wouldn't that be cool. I snap my fingers and all of a sudden, the forum only has 100 members. And all the topics are intelligent and orderly. No hate. Only awesome informative and well placed facts. Theory with actual basis. AND, footnotes.

Might be boring to most but it would be utopia for others.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I really don't know if you can expect to have that sort of utopia in any sort of open online group....there is always the free radical that is just there to play and often t-bones the discourse at whim or leisure, just for 'shits and giggles'.....

* as could be happening right now since we do seem to be straying off-topic.

Yeah, bullets are so .... well, Terran.

I could snap my fingers and make it so.

Not really. But, wouldn't that be cool. I snap my fingers and all of a sudden, the forum only has 100 members. And all the topics are intelligent and orderly. No hate. Only awesome informative and well placed facts. Theory with actual basis. AND, footnotes.

Might be boring to most but it would be utopia for others.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ringo you're not the first one to have that kind of idea, eugenics used to be a huge deal, the rockerfellers and the like had many people sterilized .

check some of vid out if you have time, its insane what they did
[youtubeif]0wlNey9t7hQ[/youtubeif]

Ringodoggie

Premium user
...and just the thought of it makes me shudder because I'm waaay under par, and will just end up as one of the kulled.

At 125, I might not make the cut either. LOL

However, I would be more than willing to die to make a better world for others.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
When I went into the Army..

When I went into the Army..

When I went into the Army my scores were so high I got the royal treatment.

They sent me to a bunch of schools.

Field Medic
Armeror School (then post maintenance)
Others
Turned down Ranger Training

I hated the Army.

You should do good with 125 IQ

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I reckon that I could do some good even if I was sub-80, and guess what?, there is all sorts of types of intelligence. Here's what wikipedia had to say:

Fluid and crystallized intelligence.

In psychology, fluid and crystallized intelligence (respectively abbreviated Gf and Gc) are factors of general intelligence, originally identified by Raymond Cattell.
Concepts of fluid and crystallized intelligence were further developed by Cattell's student John L. Horn.

Fluid intelligence or fluid reasoning is the capacity to reason and solve novel problems, independent of any knowledge from the past. It is the ability to analyze novel problems, identify patterns and relationships that underpin these problems and the extrapolation of these using logic. It is necessary for all logical problem solving. Fluid reasoning includes inductive reasoning and deductive reasoning.

Crystallized intelligence is the ability to use skills, knowledge, and experience. It does not equate to memory, but it does rely on accessing information from long-term memory.

Crystallized intelligence is one's lifetime of intellectual achievement, as demonstrated largely through one's vocabulary and general knowledge. This improves somewhat with age, as experiences tend to expand one's knowledge.

The terms are somewhat misleading because one is not a "crystallized" form of the other. Rather, they are believed to be separate neural and mental systems. Crystallized intelligence is indicated by a person's depth and breadth of general knowledge, vocabulary, and the ability to reason using words and numbers. It is the product of educational and cultural experience in interaction with fluid intelligence.

Fluid and crystallized intelligence are thus correlated with each other, and most IQ tests attempt to measure both varieties. For example, the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) measures fluid intelligence on the performance scale and crystallized intelligence on the verbal scale. The overall IQ score is based on a combination of these two scales.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and_crystallized_intelligence

armedoldhippy

Veteran
At 125, I might not make the cut either. LOL

However, I would be more than willing to die to make a better world for others.
Ringodoggie... congratulations.:woohoo:
you would have fit right in with the"greatest generation" that is now passing on. thousands of this (and other) countries best & brightest joined the military & stormed beaches during WW2 to perform this very task. lots of folks now won't get out of their car to help victims at a wreck. IQ is greatly over-rated as to the quality of a person. the "Dilbert" cartoon series with his garbage man asking him to join MENSA comes to mind here. :) lots of high IQ sociopaths wandering around. a few show up here. at least, they THINK they are special...:biggrin:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
When I went into the Army my scores were so high I got the royal treatment.

They sent me to a bunch of schools.

Field Medic
Armeror School (then post maintenance)
Others
Turned down Ranger Training

I hated the Army.

You should do good with 125 IQ

See there...Who says the Army doesn't know who's what. That's a good example.

They also directed me immediately after testing. They saw I had no regard for human life and turned me into an assassin almost instantly. Not much school. More training than school. LOL Then... off to war.

Latest posts

Latest posts