What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IF 100 People Lived On Earth

If there were 100 people on earth.....

1-2 of them would have some type of autism. I heard on a tv commercial a year or so ago that 1 in 100 kids have autism. I remember thinking that was a crazy high number. This thread reminded me of that statistic. So I double checked to make sure I was right and found out it is even worse than that now.

https://www.autism-society.org/what-is/facts-and-statistics/
About 1 percent of the world population has autism spectrum disorder. (CDC, 2014)
Prevalence in the United States is estimated at 1 in 59 births.

lol
its spectrum, not actual downs or something, its the same for other mental issues, about 1 kid for every 4-5 school classes, that seems normal to me

White Beard

... but ... I have this voice in my head ... I think I 'm channelling an American singer ... there's music and the voice is going:

"Round and round and round we spin ...
To weave a wall to hem us in ...
It won't be long ...
It won't be long."
Canadian. Neil Young, I think from the Crazy Horse album. Old...

Latest posts

Latest posts