What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam_Skunkman's dry sift method

C

Chamba

I think that any grower who has green fan leaves and lush green bud leaves at harvest has screwed up (and that's a vast majority of harvest pics I see online!)..wean your girls off ferts gradually in the 3 or 4 weeks prior to harvest and taste the difference

Last edited:
C

Chamba

one thing is for sure, there are many ways/methods/techinques to produce hash and to purify it!

Last edited:
G

I agree with a lot of what you said SamtS, and I don't doubt you.
I have often been guilty of paying more attention to the amount of stone than the quality of it.

I prefer to deplete my plants of N by reducing the N as they trigger, then I am constantly 'chasing' them to provide enough as they bloom, not only does this make the flush easier (soil-less mix), but they seem to produce more crystal when 'reaching' for nutrient.
I think potency can be gained by supplying a strong nutrient formula, so to find a balance I spread out my feed days, maybe twice one week, then once the next, make the plants work and they respond.
Of course this is recommended only for experienced growers, as mistakes/confusion can get noobs screwed up.

I think the flush is one of the most important, and overlooked aspects of growing, plants should DEFINATELY be yellowing when picked.
My philosophy is flush the soil first (at about 2 weeks out), then flush the plants by not letting them get any nutes during that time (they will use up their stores).

peace - Tug

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
growing in hydro I cut all Nitrogen (grow or bottle 1) in the last two weeks of flowereing
this normally makes the lower leafs turn yellow as the plant uses them to replace the drop in the nutes
it works for me

OP

SativaBelieva

Sam_Skunkman said:
I also prefer soil grown plants, that run out of nitrogen just before harvest, it is all about taste.
-SamS

Interesting... that's the way I grow... I don't like much N in finished buds... though I didn't realize how this would effect hash taste... as there is so little plant matter in hash compared to buds...

I'll keep looking for small clues that help improving my hash... thank you all!

leroymmj

This stuff makes mighty fine dry sift. Another week and the leaves are so yellow they drop off and then it's time to harvest. I'm a lazy organic soil no-nutes type of med grower.

comphashon

K.I.S.S.-keep it simple stupid!!!! it has always been my take on life...we tend to over complicate things...i use one screen only...have been for years...i have produced amazing FMCD with one screen for years....and i have made FMCD with just about every strain i have worked with...with one screen...no water...no waiting...
perfectly cured high quality organic shake makes the best high THC hashish...with one screen!!!if you dont have the ability to cure your shake...you most likly will not get FMCD...you will get great quality tho...with one screen!!!
c

SamS: sorry to pester you (feel like a paparazzo<sp?> reporter)

any thoughts on the dry distillation rosin tek? beign in a position to run through a large ammount of product maybe you've tried it?

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
thanks again for the dry sift hits Sam, the thc chocolate was over the top, super spicy.

sorry for being a fool in a rush. my best hit at 420 was the your dry sift and my sage8o mixed.

yeehaw

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
That Sk#1 dry sieve and candy was amazing, took maybe three hits and then a tiny tiny bit of the candy and was really fucked up for a few hours..:D I'd love to know how he makes it, I think he said something like the dry sieve that was 10 years old (!) was done of 14k plants or so, yeah, nice one, and if my memory serves me right the yield he took was 1% (right) I could remember things wrong I was a mess after the bonghits.

ilife

ilife said:
Sam, Yes there are many people waiting for you to introduce us to the next level of Dry sieve, where the flavor is!!!

Can we start asking for hints or ideas, such as are you using:

1. Static Electro Magnectic Wand to remove contamination.
2. What size micron are your screens Laser cut to?
3. Are you using a vibrations method, such as mouse sander.

For I would like to learn how to remove the contamination from this and just be sitting with the small percentage of quality resin that is mixed in here.

77 µ and 43 µ plus another secret that is very simple.

iLiFE

Latest posts

Latest posts