What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam_Skunkman's dry sift method

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
please not that whole subject again tainted. this thread is about dry sift not ice water. i'm not even gonna go into the facts of 1 screen verses several, it's just common sense. which a microscope will confirm for anyone who takes the time to look at the different grades from the 6 different screens verses the grade from a 3 bag kit, let alone a single screen setup. if you want 1 grade made from everything, then you don't need any expensive bags or even more expensive funnel device. a brewers net and a sheet or coffee filter if you prefer is all you need apart from the bucket ice and water. it's only logical that a single quality including all the bits of leaf and trich stalks will not be as potent as a product without said impurities left in the end product. shit now i've gonna and started up about ice hash. your fault tainted, lol.

peace out

bubbleman

Veteran
:tained said: "we still have alot to learn from the old methods....."
think sssc perfected most this stuff--freckin applied single truss method to MJ...skunkman surely knows his shit...and was born with the OGs...but if he doenst decide to reveal the golden goose...i trust yall can figure out how to make good hash yourself..."

Well tainted that great, if you want to make good hash, but skunkman sam makes mind blowing universaly expanding, unbelievable, off the wall, insane, completely ridiculous, over the top, HASH> i can attest as i have smoked it on many occasions. This is not your normal run of the mill hash>

Tained said : "following others just makes you suffer the same mistakes...why everyone here uses BMs style and nothing past that....even adopting his illogical ideas...and then for the same group to later reject improvements like the xtr 'patent' cuz its not agreeable to the status quo/"powers" that be...mj politics...sorta a joke..but a definite never-ending barrier here.."

As for why everyone here uses my illogical idea's, well just look at the pictures they post my friend, just look at the pictures......

bubble man

Well i can say this much

ColoraDro

haha yes my friend bubbleman like i say and will never stop saying....

IF IT DONT BUBBLE... ITS NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE :bat:

patents aside Bubblebags got shit on lock :wave:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I love that one :biglaugh:

194meltingpointbubble4.jpg

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
I am working on a way to make dry sifted resin of my quality (50%+ THC) automated, but it has not been easy. When I am successful I will let everyone know how I do it. Until then you will have to use one of the other known methods to make hash. I am busy with the work, but it is taking a lot longer then I hoped to automate it.
-SamS

I would imagine it can never be automated, cause ya need a very good genetics as well.
regardless of your technique i cant imagine getting 50%thc out of poorly grown or poor gentics.
is there a minimum %thc in the raw cannabis to achieve a concentrate of 50%+

well I wish SamS all the luck in his quest.

ps. anyone complaining about bubble (ice water hash) lacking flavour is either using the wrong strains or they are processing or more likey drying it wrong imho.

enjoy your terpenes

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Yes I would like to perfect the method before I release the info.
Maybe I will make or license a device.
Maybe I will patent the device.
I am not so worried about someone making a copy of my device and using it at home. But I do want to be able to stop commercial use and sale of copies
of my device. I do not want someone making cheap knock-offs after I spend years to make the first one.

I also prefer aged resin. I like to dry and cure the plants for 6 months before I make resin. It is much better.
Water made hash and dry sifted hash from the same clone will both give hash that can be 50% THC by weight. The dry sift of the same THC% will be better because it has more terpenoids. This is a fact. But just because dry sift is a bit better does not mean that water sifting has no use. First of all most dry sift made is not as strong in THC as most water sifted resin made. This is because people do not know how to make the best dry sift. Second of all, the yield of water sifting can be 10-15% with my dry sifting it is 1%. So that will discourage a lot of people who care more about quantity then quality.
I also agree that water hash is more like pure alcohol, you will not find that wine connoisseurs that spike their chablis with pure alcohol to make it better. The best water hash is often made from varieties that keep more of their taste through the water process.

Chamba,
It is the method not the clone, but a better clone can give better results. And I do not take my dry sift out once a year to impress others. This is what I smoke every day, and have done so for over 10 years. People are around once a year.

-SamS

C

Chamba

thanks for the explanation SamS

if you are trying to perfect a method or machine that only produces dry sift with a 1% return from bud, then I think a machine/process like that would have no commercial potential.....if you aim for around 5% return of a very pure dry sift then the machine/method might have some potential .

here's a suggestion you've probably heard before - why not write an autobiography that includes your cannabis travels, hash making, breeding, growing etc...writing a book would be a massive effort....but that's a book I'd like to buy and so would thousands of others!....or if an autobio is a bit too close to home then how about writing a book on "The story of Skunk", hash, hash making in general or "The complete book of dry sifted hash"?

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have no interest or time to spare at this time for writing a book, maybe someday. While I think for most people that a 1% yield of dry sift is not what they are looking for, I know plenty of people that would be happy to have access to a machine that makes the cleanest, best dry sift in the world. I have no interest in quanity, I seek QUALITY, to me that is the goal.

For an analogy think of wine, a bottle of wine can be bought for less then $5.00, good wine for maybe $20, the best wines in the world for $100-1,000+. Now the best wine is it 100 times as just good wine?

Dom. Romane Conti 1997 - app. $1,540
This French red Burgundy smells of berries, spices and leather. Dark in color, it hints at flavors of soy sauce, flowers and licorice. The aroma is rich and penetrating without being too profound. The Romane Conti is a rare wine that has carved a niche for itself along the years. At over fifteen hundred dollars a bottle, it no longer has anything to prove. Consistently, the Romane Conti fetches prices around the thousand dollar mark no matter the vintage.

Chteau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac 1996 - app. $287
Talk about being at the right place at the right time. In the mid-18th century, a French politician was about to be shipped off overseas, but not before visiting a physician. The doctor prescribed him some Lafite wine as a tonic. This politician enjoyed it so much that he offered some bottles to King Louis XV, and before long this wine became the star of Versailles and was dubbed "the King's wine." Remarkably dark, it sports mineral aromas of mint and black currant. Flavorful, its texture is silky and lingers in the mouth.

Krug, Clos du Mesnil 1995 $750
When it comes to luxury champagne, this really is the tête du tête--literally head of head, or top of the top. It comes from one small walled vineyard of just 4.5 acres that is planted entirely to chardonnay, so the champagne is what's known as a Blanc de Blanc. It's also extremely rare as only 12,624 bottles were produced in the 1995 vintage. The current release is soft and delicate and remarkably accessible for a champagne so "young."

To many people yes, Quality is worth the price, ask the drinkers of Dom Pérignon. The same with Cannabis, just because the resin yield is 1% instead of 10-15%, means nothing if you can afford it and appreciate the difference. I can and I know many more that can. If you think it is to expensive then make water hash and get a better yield, but don't suggest to others that their search for QUALITY over quanity is a waste of time. Anyway I will do what I want to do, and that is searching for methods to make the cleanest dry sift resin that can be made, regardless of yield.
-SamS

C

Chamba

I'm sure every smoker would love to smoke the very cleanest dry sift...who wouldn't?

Last edited:

ilife

Quality over quanity

Quality over quanity

I prefer Quality over quanity. In Morroco it takes one ton to make 1kilo of quality. This is what I want to smoke.

tainted

sorry to interrupt..but answers some important ???s

sorry to interrupt..but answers some important ???s

>>Sam if you put the info public and preserve it perhaps by sending the idea to your attourney..you should be able to demolish patents without the extreme cash paying a attoutney to write and file..dunno..

>>gaius..i assume you speak of the XTR...yes sorry about the off topic statements but i hope champa/all/admin be kind enough to allow some quick rant cuz i think it will help in tye long run...

Will..banned guy..is sorta wierd..as i mentioned before..he did a VERY bad job of offering the abilities of the patent..

so he said you dont need all these bags...BUT HOW/WHY NOT??

WELL!!

the patent uses weight and gravity to LAYER the grades.. carrying further the phenomenon encountered with norm bub bag directions..this is the orig style where trichome technologies/neville would jar weed and shake...and settle..scoop the top..then use "cleaner bags" to further strain the crap..(iceolator then was born..again? :confused: )

but youll see in this method and using a glass jar that the trikes settle IN GRADES along with HEAVY SHIT that dunt float...so if you use a sep column made out of thin aquatic tubing you can "pinch the tube" for INFINITE GRADES...want another grade...pinch the tube again where you can VISUALLY SEE where crap begins and the grade sizes....now if you combine this technique with the bags..you get MUCH BETTER HASH since now you remove not only the “float” and by size with bags..but also the heavy junk which penetrates your bags often and sinks...just try it...aquatic eco for ballcocks columns and even a premade settle column--5 gallons..

>>BM..i remember you speaking of the BEST uberest dry sieve ever some years back,...said was made by the sieve gawd...he remained nameless but you said we knew him from around..i assumed it was breeder steve..but now perhaps it was sam...in which case you mentioned then his technique...multiple sieve set...and vacuum cleaner from bottom of a smaller micron sieve screen to vac contaims...so yea...ok....but man why the big secret..

As to potency…well oils are generally always pure..yields mucho less of a stack of kif…and well…I assure you that I didn’t have an acid trip like you did off sams kif--ITS POT DUDE…and assume smoking kif with “x amount less contams“ and prob a small fraction better..will only yield slightly better efx..as sam explains..is the napoleon cognac really worth 5 cnotes a pour…imo surely not..but if you make 500k a year…who really gives a shit..”niche markets”--as sam explains…

@illogical...yes..sorry but true..we are all guilty..but man..like the matches thang...and adding a 90u versus larger u bags for shits and giggles..s0 what.. 8 bags now?..i mena whats the purpose of a 220 190 and 160u bag...hash here in such bags indicates entrained stalks/poor technique…and if you insist on adding more bags to capture BYPASS (or capture more profit) due to using disposable non-certified sieves or if youre creating contaminants of size similar to trikes..then why not add something closer to 120 since thats where they ususally begin and employ the settling tech in your directions online...i doubt that douche can sue you with a serious suit..

& what happened to the 140u bag..or the 36 and three-quarters bag...there MUST be some otehr grades there..and why does it take you an additional year to find each grade…lol

so imagine what those pics would be like if you used improved techniques..only one way to find out eh bub…ive already used your techs…they are good more often than not…but have you used the other style..

Consider my questions ironic/rhetorical..

cheers..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
SamS - what you need to work on is a dry sifting process that yields most of the available resin on the plant in the most purest way......

No I suggest that you, Chamba, are more motivated to do this. Please try and do it! People will love you and cherish your name forever. And you can tell everyone how to do it.
I am busy with other work. Good luck!
-SamS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hehe some folks just don't get it. quality over quantity every time in my book. not that i'll waste the rest but i do like my fmcd.....

jimbob420

what you have to understand is that the best hash that sam is talking about is not for the average smoker who wouldnt give up 3oz of good bud for a 1%, but for the privilaged few who obviously have more cannibis material on their hands than they know what to do with...so they can make the best hash from the best buds and still have a dickload of the best buds to smoke and make other types of hash and so on and so on....I just wish I was there like brad pitt in true romance :)

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
From what i remember on OG, Sam's is just super pure dry sift and i do know at one time he was using a vacuum cleaner and screen. Weather that is still true i have no idea