What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Revival of the REVIVAL of the ULTIMATE SATIVA THREAD a.k.a R.U.S.T II

Som 2

Last summer I posted some shots of my grow of '93 Mexican that I bred from bagseed back in the day. My camera broke before the grow was done so I was never able to post final budshots.

I have a new camera now. This is the flower after a year cure. Aromas are of earth, bay leaf and a little bit of dried mint. Or, to put it another way, it smells like the old school Mexican brick weed that all older smokers in the US are familiar with. There is also a hint of lemon flavor to the smoke. It does not taste or smell good by modern standards, but I suspect that part of the awesome high of old Mexican weed came from the terpene profile that we bred out of it. The high is uplifting, energizing, giggly and psychedelic with no paranoia/anxiety.

picture.php

Last edited:

shiroshi

ICMag Donor
Not too much was happening in the Marijuana Strains and Breeding Forum, so I decided to venture out to see how the ladies were soaking up the sun. The morning fog had lifted off the hills and once again among the swaying colas there were hummingbirds flittering everywhere:

Who would of thought these diminutive balls of fluff would be such scrappy bastards - they are constantly fighting. I mean really fighting. I have seen them latched on to each other buzzing across the dirt lifting up a cloud of dust.

But why were they in such foul moods and fighting so much? They reminded be of something - what was it? Ahh - Ausies arguing in the Haze threads - LOL

And then it dawned on me why they were acting so grumpy: They were surrounded by all these huge buds, for months now, and they couldn't get any. Damn that would get on my nerves too. Something had to be done!

So I dusted off their old bong, loaded it up with nectar and some primo bud, and fired it up for them.

Soon enough all was good. They were chilling and making friends.

Enjoy!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Given that these particular hummingbirds are fortunate enough to partake of connoisseur-grade bud to augment their usual fare of nectar, then I see no reason why they would engage in aerial fisticuffs, since stoners are generally speaking known to be decidedly laid-back in demeanor.

This disorderly conduct and aggression on display by these renegade, bud-quaffing hummingbirds is baffling indeed, and worthy of a research grant allocation to stern-faced men in lab coats.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Anybody remember Mexican red hair or the old dirt weed?

Hell yes I do from back in the day in SoCal. There was Mexican brick weed that tasted like the floor of a parrot cage and cost ten bucks an ounce baggie.

But for a little more money, there was Mexican Red Hair, Oxacan, Panama Red, Colombian Gold, Hawaiian Maui Wowie, Hawaiian Kona Gold and Thai Sticks that may or may not have been dipped in opium, not to mention that catch-all description that means nothing today - sensemilla, which had no seeds, in a novel departure from the usual fare of seeded brick weed that was so common back then.

Thanks for the amble down memory lane

Last edited:

sdd420

Veteran
Hell yes I do from back in the day in SoCal. There was Mexican brick weed that tasted like the floor of a parrot cage and cost ten bucks an ounce baggie.

But for a little more money, there was Mexican Red Hair, Oxacan, Panama Red, Colombian Gold, Hawaiian Maui Wowie, Hawaiian Kona Gold and Thai Sticks that may or may not have been dipped in opium, not to mention that catch-all description that means nothing today - sensemilla, which had no seeds, in a novel departure from the usual fare of seeded brick weed that was so common back then.

Thanks for the amble down memory lane

For me sinsemilla always meant homegrown

djav59

I never got to try Panama red or Hawaiian but plenty Oxacan, Mchoacan ,Jamaican and Colombian red and Gold .
The Thai sticks were intermittent and expensive at first they appeared wrapped with fiber cant remember if it was hemp then some came that appeared to have been dipped in oil they were oilier than other, then it came wrapped in nylon filament that's when it was poor quality and then stopped .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ So djay. which of the various types did you like better? I assume the Thai as it had more thc than most back then? Trip effects if any for the various? I realize that among any of the names used, the product could vary a lot. Also lies about origin occurred.

Here are left to right Mexican Red Hair, Sumatran, Golden Tiger, Original Haze x Oaxacan with the Oaxacan winning as the leaves are wide. I have another OH x Oax plant with thin leaves so the Original Haze won that contest. These are 11 days into flower with no sex shown as yet. https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=542770&stc=1&d=1595780136

Attachments

• redhair,sumatra, gol tig, oax.jpg
    redhair,sumatra, gol tig, oax.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 12

djav59

^^ So djay. which of the various types did you like better? I assume the Thai as it had more thc than most back then? Trip effects if any for the various? I realize that among any of the names used, the product could vary a lot. Also lies about origin occurred.

Here are left to right Mexican Red Hair, Sumatran, Golden Tiger, Original Haze x Oaxacan with the Oaxacan winning as the leaves are wide. I have another OH x Oax plant with thin leaves so the Original Haze won that contest. These are 11 days into flower with no sex shown as yet. https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=542770&stc=1&d=1595780136
well yes um Thats a nice little collection.
I liked them all the Thai was heady and exotic but rare ,the Colombian deep and rich ,the Jam was nice and spicy at times and the Mexicans were too but more peppery perhaps?
They were all pronounced and different plus I was so much younger then .
The 1st real trip weed was supposedly Cambodian sent home in body bag toward end of Nam. It was tiny scraggly stuff but a pin joint between 2 people was enough .
Where were seed acquired if I may ask?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Mexican Red Hair was a freebie from Snowhigh, Sumatran was from a friend, Golden Tiger was ACE, OH x Oax was from Cryptic Labs.

Dr. Purpur here had Cambodian Red in '77 that was very tripped out. That and the Hawaiian he had were not to be matched by what he has growing in his backyard, and he has a bunch of sativas, some quite rare.