What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Sifting Mendo420 Style

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Im not really happy about this machine.....is noisy.....is moving when is ON, doesnt DO the job properly !

gd

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Mendo sometimes I just want to strangle you... out of jealously of course lol.

But then I think the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Tell me, did you build or buy that contraption you are using? I love to build stuff myself

GReen dreAM

Veteran
After few hours of very slow rotating with good quality trim and 150 mesh screen.

On slow motion is quiet and doesnt move.

With good quality trim Im geting back 10% of PURENESS.

GD

Attachments

• dust.jpg
    dust.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14

Gramse

I have to ask you, how do YOU preparing the material before you sift it? Only dry it or do you also freeze it?

Last edited:

99%

Gramse...that question requires a big answer. It's probably best to mention what your end goal is. Do you want quality over quantity with 90+% resin purity or do you want as much good quality dry sifted resin as possible from the plant material you have to work with? Describe your plant material too.

and it might be a good idea to use the ICmag search feature and so some reading, there's some great dry sifting here. A couple of hours reading here per day for a week or two and you will well versed how to dry sift in several ways. This site has, by far, the best dry sifting information on the web. The first innovators of static sifting, rosin with a bowl and recently the hair straightener method , the gentle two screen method and other methods and improvements were all posted here first...and have made very pure dry sifted resin is reality for everyone. Static sifting is used after the material has been tumble or flat screen sifted to remove the resin heads from the contaminated dry sift... and the two screen method separates the resin at the beginning

Happy Sifting

Gramse

Gramse...that question requires a big answer. It's probably best to mention what your end goal is. Do you want quality over quantity with 90+% resin purity or do you want as much good quality dry sifted resin as possible from the plant material you have to work with? Describe your plant material too.

and it might be a good idea to use the ICmag search feature and so some reading, there's some great dry sifting here. A couple of hours reading here per day for a week or two and you will well versed how to dry sift in several ways. This site has, by far, the best dry sifting information on the web. The first innovators of static sifting, rosin with a bowl and recently the hair straightener method , the gentle two screen method and other methods and improvements were all posted here first...and have made very pure dry sifted resin is reality for everyone. Static sifting is used after the material has been tumble or flat screen sifted to remove the resin heads from the contaminated dry sift... and the two screen method separates the resin at the beginning

Happy Sifting

Thanks for the answer. I see that I missed a "you" in my post, it's corrected now:) I was just curious how mendo is doin it.

And yes read more about the subjekt is something I def need to do.

Last edited:

mendo420

Veteran
I have to ask you, how do YOU preparing the material before you sift it? Only dry it or do you also freeze it?

I try to do it when its cold and low humidity.

I tumble trim and bud no more than 5 min. I like to remove as much leaf as I can.

I work in a small freezer to clean it up.
I use 2 mesh screens a 125micron and a 63 micron and brush the resin over a bowl.

Gry

Neat thread, I found a steel tea hoddle that fit the ring of a small size mason jar. I keep it in my freezer. Each time I clean a few grams to smoke, I toss the clean cannabis in the mason jar for a few minutes to let the cannabis freeze, then use it like a salt shaker over a piece of paper to collect. Slow accumulation, but real nice results.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been shaking out with my 61 lpi screen then squishing through a 25 micron cloth with a flatiron then dabbing ... sooo yummmmm

GReen dreAM

Veteran
Wish you all healthy and wealthy year....plus wish you that rest of your dreams will come true in 2016 ~~!

gd

Attachments

• 2016.jpg
    2016.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 11

sals3

Here's the link to the Tumble Now..and yep, they are out of stock at the moment, so contact them and pre-order it.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/medi...w/tumble-now-rotator-dry-sifting-machine.html
I used the tumble now for years never liked it after a few min. of spinning but now with all the new tec. I lov my tumble now I can now clean it up and even use it for cured herb and pinches. I like the one bounce and static but my tumble now gives me a good farmers grade to start with. I like pressed and pure trics. Thanks to u all its getting easier every day.

sals3

I used the tumble now for years never liked it after a few min. of spinning but now with all the new tec. I lov my tumble now I can now clean it up and even use it for cured herb and pinches. I like the one bounce and static but my tumble now gives me a good farmers grade to start with. I like pressed and pure trics. Thanks to u all its getting easier every day.

99%

I've got a Tumble Now tumbler too. Have you tried running the "farmer's grade" sift back through the (cleaned out) S/S mesh cylinder, stop re-sifting when about 90% of the sift has passed through the mesh. This will make your sift a little purer.

Do you use the Tumble Now flat screen 200 Mesh (70 micron) frame that sits on the drawer for static tech or carding?

I've also noticed that the Tumble Now (and to a lesser extent all the other tumblers for sale on the net) sell out really fast and are constantly out of stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts