What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Laurence Cherniak's 37°C Hashish Cure

99%

The search feature here works ok with single word searches, but try searching for "hash cure" and it will show up an assortment of posts with either the word "hash" or "cure" in it.

and you're joking about checking out the foreign language forums for info aren't you? I'm not interested in general info, I'm interested to hear about findings from members who have done this specific cure, if you know of any results posted, please post links!

ok, now we're 14 pages in on the 37C hash cure and still not a single post from some one who has actually done it.

domacin

The search feature here works ok with single word searches, but try searching for "hash cure" and it will show up an assortment of posts with either the word "hash" or "cure" in it.

and you're joking about checking out the foreign language forums for info aren't you? I'm not interested in general info, I'm interested to hear about findings from members who have done this specific cure, if you know of any results posted, please post links!

ok, now we're 14 pages in on the 37C hash cure and still not a single post from some one who has actually done it.

you have it all infront of your monitor, you just need to read and to comprehend :tiphat:

99%

I've tried cob style curing and didn't notice any improvements.

you have it all infront of your monitor, you just need to read and to comprehend

so results of this type of 37C cure have been posted by other members? I must of missed those posts.

Stan G.

In Cherniak's 2006 HASHISH The Joy of Making and Curing he discusses curing resin in general and curing ice water extracted resin in particular, as I am sure you are able to derive from the title of the book....

View Image]View Image[/url]

....the point of discussion in this thread is a method put forward in his book, that is to jar and cure your unpressed resin in a general purpose laboratory incubator. The resin is allowed to cure for three months at 37°C (98°F).

I have not personally done this yet but was hoping to bounce around some ideas on the topic.

Depending on the genetics of the cannabis used the resultant cured resin is more likely to clump together. Hand rolling some of this resin into a ball of hash results in a proper looking "new Royal Nepalese Temple Ball", as Mr. Cherniak describes it. The point of this method however, isn't about the pressing but the curing of the hash.

I, like many of you reading this, prefer smoking unpressed, loose resin. If I have enough to store away it goes in the freezer so it won't degrade. BUT I know plenty of you (including good friends) who want those slabs and balls of hashish dough with their perfectly even consistency.

I am sorry I don't have any personal experiences with this exact method to share, but will eventually. I am pondering constructing my own small incubator instead of buying one; something small for two or three jars.
Seems as though that should decarb every last bit of thca into thc maybe into cbn.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I like experimenting a bit, but I've seen moldy hash and it ain't pretty. Any long term stuff this year will be wrapped, waxed and stored in a cool dry place.

mack 10

Veteran
Anyone think any Different about this method
after RosiN jar tech?

Edit, to add the rosin jar tech uses even higher temps
And it makes the terps even louder.
Also the heat causes the thc a to separate out from terp layer.

Isn't this kind of the opposite of what we all thought about decarbing,
And heating that would burn off terps?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

djav59

Keif aint hash .
Seems like everybody is trying to reinvent the wheel.
Pay attention to Frenchy hes got it down.
Thank You Frenchy.
DJ oldskcool

Latest posts

Latest posts