What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This is my first grow!

firstgrowgirl

Today, I acquired a Jack Herer clone. I was wondering if any of you ladies had experience with this strain? I heard it was good for any medium. I am planning on doing Hydro with Pearlite (sp?), to start.
What kind of feeder is it? Is it super finicky like I heard?

I am also growing Green Crack, Blue Burmese, Tahoe, Diablo, 707 Headband, C4, Blue Dream, Wappa... I plan on being a busy girl.

All of my girls are in quarantine for the next couple of weeks to ensure they have the best shot.

Any information would be great.

I will be posting some pics in a little bit.

Nice list of strain you have going on there :) Are you doing Hempy Buckets you mentioned Hydro with Perlite. Jack is a medium feeder but you need to be careful not to over feed. What nutrients are you using?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Honestly...first of all there are too many variable factors around for anyone to be able to tell you how to feed your plant(s) & strain(s) and what their individual needs are.

You gotta "dial in" your plants based on your individual circumstances (nutes used, temperature, growing medium, type of grow etc.).

Just because something works for one it doesn't mean it will work for you.

Most newbies overthink the growing process.

It's just a plant, not rocket science!

:)

Unless you are an experienced grower, I would suggest you not start out with so many different strains. And even if you quarantine your girls, some problems will not present themselves unless the conditions for it are just right, especially if you're growing from clones.

I have grown Jack Herer before. it was a difficult plant to deal with, always seemed to have a mite problem even in veg, it was what mites hijacked in on into my garden (just MY EXPERIENCE) and JH is hard to grow and very picky, nute sensitive. With JH you have to make sure you let it flower for long enough, otherwise you might not be very happy with the stone, but taken to 30% amber trichomes will give you a nice high. JH will stretch like a monster in flower, so flip when short unless you have a lot of room for stretch. I grow in coco, as I like the medium the best. If done CORRECTLY, coco is a very forgiving medium. NEVER mix coco and soil together, it's asking for tragedy. I don't mix anything in my coco like perlite, because it's not necessary, as you can grow a much bigger plant in a smaller size pot in coco, and it will get top heavy and then you will have a falling over problem in late flowering if you add perlite to coco. Feeding and water and ph levels are totally different for soil than coco which is why you never want to mix them together as a medium. you can go the rockwool/hydroton route, but you really have to watch your roots for slime and rot. Hydro and Perlite? How did you come up with that decision? Why would you add perlite to hydroton balls? perlite is too light of a medium, and I don't really understand what you mean by hydro/perlite growing method.

It depends on what supplies you have on what growing medium to use.

fastgreen1959

If ive read this correctly, you are using perlite with hydroton? Ive been using hydroton for a few years now and ive never heard of perlite being added, I just use aqua nutes and the ec reading in the tank and run off are always the same.