What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resin Quality Of Pollinated VS Unpollinated Buds. Is There Any Difference?

P

pineolene

Don't put that guy on a pedestal Matt. If you dig you'll see what I mean. Most of us cannanerds have had very sour interactions with the guy and his academic career has been...questionable. Just because you put something on a facebook profile doesn't make it true. If you had heard some of us pressing him on terpene research you would never have made this post.

I know exactly where he said this and I was surprised no one in the group pressed him on it. It just makes ZERO sense. How many males did he test? The cannabinoid ratio isn't even the same between full sib females in a line. Why would it be "stable" between males and females?

Maybe he means stable as in everything is high THC and low CBD but that isn't saying much to me...

I think he was just stating data from a paper he read.
And agree, he was most likely referring to chemotypes, not specific cannabinoids %s. I didn't think that quote proved anything, I just wanted to interject another view. I still think the hormonal changes that occur with fertilization could be changing the high in some way. Nobody is looking at this. This question is not yet answered for certain. We are just beginning to understand what it is in cannabis that creates the wide variety of affects.

Here's an example for Sam so he can see what we talk about...
maybe he'll come join our cannanerd group :) the level of discourse is much better when folks are using real names (or their chosen industry names!) and are held responsible for their statements... not to mention the actual industry professionals in the group. Shoot me a PM if interested Mr Skunkman, we would love to have you join the discussion.
...Complexing and small chain polymers IMO are the state of these substances in the trichome.During solvent extraction these delicate bonds are broken producing the monomers and single cannabinoids. Some reforming occurs in resin with agitation and air and the solid products of polymerization reform,all be it differently than in the trichome. Main point is a terpene polymer is a perfect match to a phenol terpene to form a resin. In fact in looking at the industry literature that there is significant polymerization within the trichome seems without question.

devilgoob

Veteran
maybe samtheskunkman can explain this to you all, I am not sure.

I am an unreasonable person, yet I remain open to possibilities, and destinations are conclusions, but possibilities are to dream, and to dream is to say there are more variables.

It all makes sense to an engineer or philosopher, because they are not stuck on ideas, ideas are stunk unto them.

They programmed this site, built our roads at certain angles in places and these are the people who dream, or are outcast, or are stoners.

Do you see the connection between everyone on this site having a dream and achieving it vs the other dream: a meth addict robbing the shit out of somebody.

Here is what I dream: when I see a spider, I don't kill it. When Obama makes a choice, he has a reason.

Anyone can react with emotion, but can they react with thought?

I must sound interesting, delightful, upbeat, engaging, making the other person feel good.....and that's good and all.

Did they hear my thoughts unless I am all those things? No.

They just fed off their own emotional reaction right away, first, but not even giving a second thought and disagreeing.

I, on the other hand have emotion, but I don't like it to get in the way of anyone's dreams sometimes.

It could even be a simple thing, like similar to a mentholic or mint plant phenol, think about it! :dance:

Limeygreen

Veteran
I thought that a seeded plant would yield less depending on the time that it was pollinated. I have had some of the best smokes from seeded bud, outdoor grown, lose of sticky slipperly resins and I would take that over a bag of kush anyday, but I really don't like kush anyways.

KonradZuse

to the top, lets get more real info please instead of Pineolio making up things to try and be justified, even though we know he clearly is not.

It's funny how you go off saying just because a dude is certified, or a PHD graduate from some high end university means that he knows what he's talking about, or that he knows more than some other people here.

It's funny to find the dude was a fake though.

@Sam Also about intelligence and believing in God... kawmon man that wasn't needed.

It's funny how people think that humans are the most intelligent creatures and we are godlike.

The only thing we have above other species are the ability to talk/communicate(which is huge) and the amazing evolution of thumbs :p.

I wish we had more cool features to our evolution, but the issue is our evolution cycle is so much less than others.

If we are such an "intelligent species" why are we arguing over what this "unintelligent plant is?"" Why can't we discover it fully?

Lets stop the bs, and just focus on what's important. Being an "intelligent" and trying to EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE.....

devilgoob

Veteran
What other psychoactive Cannabinoids besides THC?

Also you mention that resin is there to protect seeds and their DNA from UV, then why does an unseeded plant have more resin? To protect what?

-SamS

My wording was wrong, I was thinking THCV modulating the high. And like CBD (nonpsychoactive) or even others in such small percent...you'd have to separate and test them all yourself because it's not at all the bulk of the resin. I like to keep an open mind

Because,.the plant is using it's energy toward seeds. I never said "cannabis reacts by producing resin." That would be expressing the trait by means of provocation.

Plants produce THC under red led light using no uvb.
My eyes exist in the dark. if someone was born in the dark they would still have eyes even if no light to see.