What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best ladies...Depo, pill or IUD?

Str8Dank

my girl was on depo and 3 weeks before her next scheduled shot she got pregnant. im not a fan of depo anymore.

smokefrogg

Veteran
mine was on depo long ago, her sexual drive slowly decreased over time, she felt that she gained weight a lot quicker after using it for a couple of years as well

LadyGreengenes

I have the 5 year IUD, and so far [3 years in] its wonderful. I'm allergic to copper or I would have gone with the 10 year.

I have 2 friends who have gotten pregnant on the shot. 1 that got pregnant on the implant, 1 on the pill, none on the nuva-ring.

Its also a matter of comfort.

Mr Jay

Veteran
So being a guy I can't speak for the women, but only what I experienced from the other half. When we first hooked up five years ago it was condoms and lube... and lots! Of course over time we had one to many breaks and scares so she got the hormonal I.U.D. put in. Over the next few months her sex drive dropped to zero, her skin broke out all over and her mental state dropped like a rock in the ocean. I've never seen her that depressed and hope I never do again. She had it removed and we sat down and talked about our options. Two months later I got snipped and haven't looked back since. She feels great, the sex is great, and we NEVER have to worry. It's a simple thing to get a vasectomy, planned parenthood gave me one for free. I suggest the two of you talk over your options with that at the top of the list. Tell him I said from one guy to another it's the best thing ever!

naynature

i have heard people to have problems with the pill and the jab and have never heard anything wrong with the impland i would agree that is probably best for u as you are very simular to me with your body not liking the pill and that.. hope this is useful to you.. if not sorry and hope someone helps you along the way...

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I'm Australian and male. When I was married and at other times I was the one who did the birth control, pretty simple really...condoms.

I do not expect a woman to be totally responsible for this aspect of life.

castout

Veteran
Uterine cancer was the best birth control ever for me. After the hysterectomy, I was told it was 100% effective against pregnancy. I used to get the depo shot, and it worked well. But now I am 100% sure I won't even have an accident. Best of luck in your search, and make sure you take something that you tolerate well.

I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16 and dropped 30 pounds since I got my tubes tied and went off the Depo. All without doing much other than trying to eat reasonably and in moderation. I'm VERY glad not to be on the hormones anymore. Turns out a have a decent metabolism after all.

I've heard that the IUD lets you go up to 5 years without having a period . . . that to me sounds amazing!!! Only downfall is that I guess if you've never had a baby, it hurts like HELL!!! :( So for now I'm using low dose hormone birth control, works well for my body. :)

Blaz3

I have heard so many bad things about the depo shit..I had an ex that got a depo shot and gained weighth,was irratable..I forgot what else,but she said that depo sucks..so id suggest the pill..with condoms...but be careful about which pill...that yaz one aka yazmin...it was linked to deaths..be careful....

Latest posts

Latest posts