What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best ladies...Depo, pill or IUD?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
K ladies....the time is coming where I will need to ummm......control birth, lol :D Now that we know I CAN have children, I have to take measures in the future to not get pregnant right away. I'd like to wait 3 years if I ever have another baby. Here's the thingie...I don't like birth control. I've always had estrogen problems, so nothing from DEPO to 6 or 7 types of the pill ever settled well with me. It's just not that compatible with my body. Not only that, I hate the risks associated with horomones. I'm not a smoker anymore, so that's one less thing to worry about, but still....I do the natural medicines, ya know? I don't take pills.

Has anyone had better luck with one type of BC over the other? I know this is sooo stabbing in the dark, everyone's chemistry is different. But, I know some types of BCs have more risk associated with them and I haven't been in the game for about 10 years now. I need your knowlege ladies....hehehe.

I came here over a Mommy site because I think the women here are smarter, hahaha. More...ummmm, like me in the sense of being educated on pharmaceutical drugs, not brainwashed by Doctors:D

So what's the good stuff??? OR, post away on why you don't/won't take BC....it's all welcomed.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Lol...and he's willing! But, I'm not sure about a future baby and I don't want to rely on a vasec. being reversable. Love the idea though....male birth control!

L

LadyCropSitter

Seriously, I have tried everything and I like the ten year IUD. It has no hormones so it doesn't mess up your moods, sex drive or make you fat. It's just a plug. Hopefully that helps you. Good luck with your baby.

qdavid

I could be wrong about this, but doesn't an IUD just prevent the fertilized egg from implanting in the uterus? I personally have a problem with that. At what point is conception? That, to me, is sort of an abortion, the egg has already has been conceived. I like the diaphragm, maybe with spermicidal cream put around the edge? And also the cream is like lubricant for easier insertion. The main problem with that method is with spontaneity. Sometimes things just get hot and happen. Just use rubbers during those times? Have to be firm about, "No glove, no love" at those times. "But we maybe we can do other fun things?" Someday they probably will come up with a male pill And Poopy has responsibility in this too, right?

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
qdavid....Nope, you've got that all wrong, so please please please don't think of it or anyone that uses it as an abortioner. An IUD is simply a "plug" that closes the opening from the vagina to the uterus. Basically it's a little plastic "T" that sits in the cervix, closing that opening so that no sperm can enter the uterus. An awaiting egg is in the fallopian tubes....or sometimes in later cycle, in the uterus waiting to be fertilized. No sperm gets to an egg to even fertilize it. It's considered a "safer" alternative to taking horomones that put us at risk for deadly blood clots and stroke. But, IUDs have their down sides..... They can cause infection and possible sterilization of the woman. That's why I'm here....looking for the best way to prevent another baby from coming too close to this one. I just don't think it would be fair to my son to get pregnant too fast.

qdavid

Oops. Thanks for that. Didn't mean to be spreading some kind of propaganda(misinformation/disinformation) or political position or nuttin. Especially on something so important like that subject. Just trying to help there. Now I feel awful. Me and my big mouth. And I got a degree and certification as a middle school teacher and then I spread bad info like that? Doh! Sowy. (Hangs head, shuffles off)

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Man...if you knew that much about the female reproductive system or birth control options, I would think you were a doctor or a woman, lol. You shouldn't feel bad at all....it's not that common knoweledge for men! Unless you're teaching sex ed., don't worry about it. :D

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
My wife just got some implant in her arm, 3 years protection, I'll ask her what its called when she wakes up. ;)

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
A fertilized egg can have an unsuccessful implantation without any birth control methods being used at all. A un-implanted fertilized egg is not abortion. The egg must be fertilized at a specific time for it to be developed enough to have a successful implantation.

I think the most natural form of birth control is the copper IUD. Your body's natural reaction to copper is to bombard it with anitbodies and cytokines. This environment will not allow a sperm or egg or fertilized egg to pesist.

I was interested in a more natural form of birth control for my gf, she is on the pill now and won't change, and this is what I can recall about what I read. I have a degree in Biology of Medical Sciences and have studied embryology.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
qdavid....Nope, you've got that all wrong, so please please please don't think of it or anyone that uses it as an abortioner. An IUD is simply a "plug" that closes the opening from the vagina to the uterus. Basically it's a little plastic "T" that sits in the cervix, closing that opening so that no sperm can enter the uterus. An awaiting egg is in the fallopian tubes....or sometimes in later cycle, in the uterus waiting to be fertilized. No sperm gets to an egg to even fertilize it. It's considered a "safer" alternative to taking horomones that put us at risk for deadly blood clots and stroke. But, IUDs have their down sides..... They can cause infection and possible sterilization of the woman. That's why I'm here....looking for the best way to prevent another baby from coming too close to this one. I just don't think it would be fair to my son to get pregnant too fast.

my baby's mama got the IUD after she gave birth.....

they attach it inside of her with some kind of thread that reminds me of size 4 fishing line.....

we couldn't have sex because those would rip me to shreds, imagine tons of razor blade slices (OMFG, no fucking bueno!).....

she ended up getting the implant in her arm, it works perfectly, just trips me out if i grab her arm and feel it......

B

BottleKids

What about the little patch that you just smack on your butt , no pills!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
my baby's mama got the IUD after she gave birth.....

they attach it inside of her with some kind of thread that reminds me of size 4 fishing line.....

we couldn't have sex because those would rip me to shreds, imagine tons of razor blade slices (OMFG, no fucking bueno!).....

she ended up getting the implant in her arm, it works perfectly, just trips me out if i grab her arm and feel it......

Krunch...I was explaining how IUDs can hurt the guy today at the OB's office. Since PoopyTea loves to sit there and play with the vagina models, I told him to grab the one with the IUD in it....and told him his thingie would be stabbed by the wire if I got that, lol. NOT that that's funny, but ya know...lol. He then proceeded to stab the vagina model with the IUD until the Dr. knocked on the door to come in. He's on a mission to embarass the shit out of me, ahahahahaha.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
If we had 2 kids....I would totally kick Poopy in the balls really hard, lol. Just kidding! Since there "could" be another Teabag Jr. in the future, I just don't want his balls snipped. I actually don't ever want them snipped...I like em' the way they are now:D Lol...that would be the healthiest solution for both of us, but only 1 baby so far;)

M

mugenbao

I hesitated to post here, being a guy and all, but I just feel compelled to say that Depo scares the shit out of me. My ex wife tried it years ago, and it caused her some pretty intense health problems for about a year. I don't want to go into too much detail, but she was anemic and utterly fatigued the entire time. I seriously thought she could die.

As with anything else medical, I do understand that it doesn't affect everyone the same way, and not everyone has problems or side effects, but I just couldn't feel right about not mentioning that.

Best of luck, and best wishes for the future!!!

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^I had major problems with depo too. Lost about 30 pounds as well, instead of gaining a little like you normally would when you use horomones. I had to go on a series of the the pill to straighten it out. I considered re-exploring that option since I was 16 when I was on it and after a baby, my chemistry probably won't be the same now at 30. But, I'm very, very unsure of whether I would even chance that one again.

Latest posts

Latest posts