What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Charas Thread

Sublimation is how freeze drying works.....
Try it, you will like it, it makes water sift resin very very dry. And stops any damage from the moisture in the resin. Water hash resin then feels like dry sift, if the water hash is freeze dried and kept away from humidity.

-SamS

If you say so but not evident from the definition of the word.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Pretty sure RiverRock in Co. won recently using sublimation on their iwe.

Didn't they?

Yes, they did win first place at the 11th LEGENDS Of HASHISH Resin Cup with their water hash, dried with sublimation, freeze drying.
They also used fresh harvested, flash frozen, plants to make the water sift. You had to taste it to believe it. Bone dry water sift with full aromas like the buds.
-SamS

Yes, they did win first place at the 11th LEGENDS Of HASHISH Resin Cup with their water hash, dried with sublimation, freeze drying.
They also used fresh harvested, flash frozen, plants to make the water sift. You had to taste it to believe it. Bone dry water sift with full aromas like the buds.
-SamS

Stupid question incoming... uhh.. wtf isn't this available all over?

jayjayfrank

Veteran
ya i had questions about the method, fresh (flash)frozen plus sublimation, had a water extraction drying technique thread that didnt really go anywhere...

iv been looking the whole time for someone to say water hash can be dried back down to a sand consistency with sublimation. just wish i could get to that legends cup to taste it. lots to do in the future i guess.

well ..great 3d.. plenty of xperienced ppls....

But is a pity that too often "Western World" step into others culture without proper respect and without assessing the consequences ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5349w1sOA

@ Frenchy Cannoli : how many times agò was U there ?.. how was the situation ?

still worth plan a trip there.. todays ?

:tiphat:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Absolutely love this thread :good:
Thank you all for your contributions of some wonderful stories and photos :D
:smoke out:

PDX Dopesmoker

Brick Press

Brick Press

Thanks for bumping this thread GW, I was amazed to go back one page and see the freeze drying fad starting.

I have a slight variation on the hot bottle technique Frenchy made famous that I just pulled off for the first time this morning. I used a hot brick to press with instead of the rolling it with a water heated pin. Results were similar, but its less work this way. I'm 99% sure that using a rosin press would make pressing out one's separated trich heads even less of a chore.

Put a brick in the oven at 230ºF for half an hour, then take it out and put it on top of your folded Silpat and let it sit on the hash for a few minutes while the heat sinks in, then press it with body weight (I sat on the brick for 10 seconds, it not as comfortable as regular chair)
IuqIs3K.jpg

I had to use that funny camera angle to get the flash to go between the silpat layers and illuminate the hash.

Put the brick back in the oven and after the Silpat cools it opens up pretty cleanly
UnXV47H.jpg

Roll it up
FE6yQjG.jpg

Roll it up
isbHs99.jpg

Then press it again and its done.
I tested some and its about 4 star stuff, made from last summers GG4 "b" buds, tastes like sweet floral fuel & it got me stoned enough that I started playing with my sustenance, this quarter ounce braid was the result.
U7czg3d.jpg

The 2nd pressing with the brick was probably barely necessary, BrickTek™ seems like it might be a more thorough process than the hot rolling pin. I think I usually have to do about 5 turns on each batch with the hot bottle method to get a finished product.