What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

600 watt verses 1000 watt lights

BPJR

I have (6) 600w and (2) 1000w. The 600's do ok but they just can compete with the penetration of the 1000watters. I wish I would have just went with all 1000's from the beginning.

NOKUY

Veteran
600's beat the 1k's in the "lumens per watt dept"...

therefore more efficient..... (but side by side 1k's win duh...)

Tokin_Jo

We flower under 1000's as we veg to 18" atleast and flower with a sealed room, co2 monitor. After 7 years indoors hubby reached 1gram/watt consistantly, first in hydro then this year in soil. We use light movers with no glass on the hoods, 12k btu AC. The most we put under the rail is 12 plants/6 gallon pots. In the summer if it gets too hot we'll switch the lumateks to 600 and add hortilux bulbs if the airconditioner cant keep the room below 80. His old saying, "You get out of it what u put into it". Two 600's on a 4x6ft flood table works wonders as well. I would recommend not running anything that reaches over 30" with 600's.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I grow bud not sweat my electric bill so I don't care much if a 600 is more efficient. :tiphat:

Efficiency to me is not wasting 4x4 footprint in my room, with 400 less watts. Unless it's heat, height or similar issues, I want the best bulb in the brightest light.

Killa's for the win\

Cheers
Smiley

IPuFF

I enjoyed the benefits of going from 600-1000.
I just added the second bulb to my 48" cool tube for a total for 2000 watts, digital ballasts, 1 mh and 1 hps eye bulb.

The amount of plants will probably stay the same but the total light coverage will be increased greatly. Im surprised how i was able to mange such a space with just 0ne thousand. Cant wait to see the results of mixed spectrum and increased lumnes.

Better yet, the increased heat/air flow required to cool the 2nd bulb also brought my RH down to a more acceptable range.

Closest bud is about 1.5 ft away from the bulb without any troubles yet.

Ill leave my 600 watter for vegging, it seems to do a great job at bringing them up to speed for the flower room.

riojaman

Scrog will allow u to make the most of your 600w as you can achieve a very even canopy,light penetration is less important.Beter to use a parabolic reflector then.If I can I get some pics of my 6oow killerskunk scrog,see what you think.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Am I mistaken? This is the Lady's Forum correct? Well if it is I would think this would be the VERY LAST place where we would EVER have a discussion regarding the simple fact that

SIZE DOES MATTER

All you lady's know that the bigger the better when it come to penetration.:jump:

But IMHO you should never use a 1000 without it being air-cooled they are simply to big and far to hot to be played with without a fan.

Here is an easy way to show the difference:

400 watts:

600 watts:

1000 watts:

I tried to put this in a way EVERY women could understand. Yes they all work BUT you all know you want the 1000 now.
My Penny
Mr.Wags

Last edited:
V

vonforne

Wags.....LMAO

I have always used 1k´s I have 600´s in the EU but they suck. Can´t beat a 1k and a Hortilux Super