What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have made some new pots

I have been upgrading and fixing problems. I will posts pics of my garden later. I will also post pics of my cooling system later.

I have not been spending much time here I'm sorry.

To tell you about my cooling system. I bought 2 ice cube coolers. i put one on top of a filter and blower. i put the other one on the end of my light tube. To provide the water i installed the chiller under the house. ( MOBILE HOME ) I am using a 3/4 horse chiller. I have 2 1/2 horse continuous use pumps. 1 feeds the chiller 1 feeds the ice cubes. The 1 in. PVC line run through the floor and feed the ice cubes with 1/2 in. hoses. I can get my room down to 70 degrees but not when it 120 degrees outside. in summer i am able to maintain 78 degrees. You will love the pics later

Right know i want to show you my redesigned pots. I was using 5 gal nursery pots. the black one.

I decided they were not breathing right and there was to much dirt in the bottom to grow though. i came to this conclusion because my plants were not able to grow through to the bottom and i had weak roots.

So i redesigned some pots i had laying around. the red ones.
Notice how they have a wider lower profile while still using 5 gal of dirt. I put lots of large holes in the bottom so the roots can grow all the way out the bottom. I used the part i cut off the pot to make higher sides on the water catch tray. The purpose here is to make a bowl for feeding. I only pour clear water though the dirt. all food water goes in the catch tray. they drink it up fast.

I solved my dirt to wet problem. the plants are stronger. the roots are grow all the way to the bottom and through. My Ph is easier to control. My plants are the greenest i have ever had. I also solved my nutrient lock up problem

P8270336.jpg

P8270337.jpg

P8270338.jpg

iuGDHIUI 007

P8270340.jpg

P8270342.jpg

P8270343.jpg

P8270344.jpg

These pots fixed a lot of problems i have been having. Because of them i have to cut back the # in the room. they are growing as if outside now. i will finally get those supercrop bushes i've been looking for. Between the pots, the cooling, and bringing the CO2 right down into the middle of the plants. I have solved all my problems but one. i need a light mover.

Anyway i have some 7 ft plants this times. Very healthy Best i have seen in a long time since i bought this house.

I have some arjan's haze and some hawian snow

i'm using 2 600 watt cool blue 600's. my light is hanging to low to use the 1000 watt bulbs. also i need a light mover.
Very proud you will enjoy the pics when i post them :thank you:

L

LadyCropSitter

That sounds like the answer to my prayers. I have been looking at going from two gallon bags (yuck) to 3-5 gallon pots. I like what you have done.

The pots i made worked great and roots went right to the bottom. just like i wanted.

I really don't have a very good camera I've been trying to take more pics i have a few good ones just have not posted them yet.

:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts