What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tumble Now Rotator Dry Sifting Machine

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the compliments guys! I'll definitely take some more pics as I make more sift.

Got trim from a few different strains to run, so it won't be long :D

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think thtas why sam only smokes this stuff it just to good to go back to smoking bud

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plus Sam is sharing his secret here do to popular demand. In order to make it possible to get these machines out there, then it must be economically viable. Also he is making them in europe where things cost more.

I just did a search through Sam's posts and couldn't find any with references to "sharing" his secret dry sift method or anything about producing a machine in Europe to make it.

I thought this was his machine. For some reason I thought the thread labeled "sam the skunk man's not so secret dry sift method" was his thread. I even thanked him for coming out with his secret in a message. lol I bet he is confused a little.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got a few more Tumble Now sift shots for everyone.

Not quite full melt this time, but still came out really nice. Wondering if the temperature in the house made a difference vs. the ECSD run, as it was 76 vs 72 degrees. Dunno, perhaps one of you kif masters could chime in with some tips or thoughts.

Here's some Bubblegum sift, 10 minute run -

After a hit -

Casey Jones sift, 10 minutes as well -

After a hit -

Thinking I might freeze the trim before running it next time.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Ive got one too!

Ill do a full write up later; ive got something like 1000g of sugar trimmings, that ive been putting off for bubble bagging, and im going to run it all though this first.

The second screen is a major improvement over the protype, the two grades are different colors for me.

Nice work bubbleman, ive been too faded to get my other grow chores done.

C

Chamba

Dunno, perhaps one of you kif masters could chime in with some tips or thoughts.

I'm no master (apart from bating) but I'd definitely suggest pre-freezing the trim and tumbling it in a low RH and low temperature room..... turn the a/c on full and or run a dehumidifier, this will cool the room, but more importantly, will lower the RH.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i got 20g of sif from my 'sugar shake', and im sure there is more in there (I will be bubblebagging, and ill report that yield as well).

The 20g of Hash i didnt have, is well worth the close to $400 price tag delivered (14g above the screen 6g below).

SGMeds

Nice package from the usps just came in... ;-)

Freezing the trim as we speak!!!

Noticed that the instruction sheet recommends low humidity, as did another earlier in the thread... what are the acceptable & preferred ranges? What happens if you run it at say 50% RH in the room?

Thank you... just don't want to gum up the works on the first try!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got 20g of sif from my 'sugar shake', and im sure there is more in there (I will be bubblebagging, and ill report that yield as well).

The 20g of Hash i didnt have, is well worth the close to $400 price tag delivered (14g above the screen 6g below).

right on. and that is just from one harvest. imaging it building up over time.

If you let that sift cure for several months in a jar opening, and rotating it periodically, the oils will start to stick together more and it becomes like magic brown sugar.

bloyd

Veteran
Magic brown sugar. I need me some of that. Anybody run the unit in the freezer? I know people that have been tumbling for awhile and that is how they get the best results.

C

Chamba

Anybody run the unit in the freezer?

While pre-freezing trim works much better with just dried material, you can dry sift aged material without first freezing it with good results...keep in mind that excellent hash comes from excellent quality, expertly grown, handled and stored starting material ..mesh size, rotating speed and duration are less important....and a low relative humidity is more important than low temps.

I wouldn't put any jointed wooden item in a freezer......wood is a "living" thing that expands and contracts with changes in temperature and humidity, wooden products are designed to work well within a normal range of temp and relative humidity found inside a house, Inside a freezer would be outside what would be regarded as a normal range and you may have problems.

maybe it's best to wait for Bubbleman to chime in with his recommendations on this subject, it's his product after all and I don't have one yet......but I'd suggest freezing the bag of bud or trim as well as freezing the mesh cylinder. After several hours, pour the crumbled bud inside the mesh cylinder, fit it back in the tumbler then switch it on.

Another way would be to put the material in the cylinder, place the cylinder in a paper bag then in the freezer..after several hours fit the mesh cylinder and turn on the tumbler.

Last edited:

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Tumble Now Dry Sifted Hash

Tumble Now Dry Sifted Hash

Got a few more Tumble Now sift shots for everyone.

Not quite full melt this time, but still came out really nice. Wondering if the temperature in the house made a difference vs. the ECSD run, as it was 76 vs 72 degrees. Dunno, perhaps one of you kif masters could chime in with some tips or thoughts.

Here's some Bubblegum sift, 10 minute run -

After a hit -

Casey Jones sift, 10 minutes as well -

After a hit -

Thinking I might freeze the trim before running it next time.

Nice Work!!!

Looks like you have a Great Combo, Nice Properly Finished & Cured Cannabis, then a Great Machine to Process your Properly Harvested & Cured Cannabis into Dry Sifted Hash that Melts, Bubble and Tastes......

Aqua Lab Tech

Mr Fancysocks

I'd love to hear more experience with this.
How long do you guys run it for? Can we get some time/yield reports?
How about the material after a run, do you try to bho, or bubble it? yield reports?
Cleaning the tumbler: compressed air?

Loving the pics too, thanks for those who are posting them!
Thanks bubbleman for making it!

i love bubblemans products but it seems like the prices are so damn high for trichome extraction devices esp for what they are....i dunno im the type of person who gets more enjoyment out of seeing something i build work out good...i dunno maybe he could sell a tumble now kit for the diyers. basicly the tumble now machine unassembled for maybe 100$ cheaper would actualy sell pretty good i think... oh to clean the screens i found alcohol and a old credit card works..i dont know if u can dissassemble the barrel so the wood dont get alch soaked or what but thats how i clean my keif box screen use alcohol and keep scraping it with credit card then wash it off with water to remove alch and make it not sticky

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey again everyone. Did a little yield test with the Tumble Now, and would like to share the results :D

This sift was made with some relatively sugary Sour Cream trim. Started with 24 grams of trim, ran for 30 minutes total, in 3 rounds - 5 min, 10 min, and 15 min.

Here's some pictures and yield breakdowns -

Round 1 - top tray - 5 minutes -

After a hit -

Yield: .5 gram top tray, .1 gram bottom tray

Round 2 - top tray - 10 minutes (15 min total runtime) -

After a hit -

Yield: .4 gram top tray, .1 gram bottom tray

Round 3 - top tray - 15 minutes (30 min total runtime) -

After a hit -

Yield: .4 gram top tray, .1 gram bottom tray

Yield total: 1.3 grams top tray, .3 gram bottom tray, 1.6 grams total

Starting with 24 grams, works out to -

6.6% total return

5.4% top tray

1.25% bottom tray

Stash shot, minus the giant bowls used for the pictures -

Will need to do more test batches to get a clearer picture, but this is at least some initial information regarding the yield one can expect using the Tumble Now machine.

Me personally, I'm stoked to know I can throw an ounce of trim in there and get a gram or 2 of insanely high quality sift out. For a machine designed with quality over quantity in mind, I think these numbers are very impressive.

SGMeds

This is about what I got... 5% +/- w x3 15min runs. Likely could put a 4th & 5th run in there to get more... but more on the stalk & green material too.

Cleaning the screen w the card between runs helps... discovered at the end.

I got the same grade as Mr. B on this last post... no melt, just clean & tasty. Gotta figure this needs further refinement to get the melt.

My back feels great though! So much easier vs doing all of this w the bags... don't even know if i'll grade it... just keep & smoke the pollen.

Gotta admit... it looks/feels nice. Not a bad purchase imho. Peace

C

Chamba

One way is to do a quality run or two of 5 ~ 15 minutes each.

Then do a quantity run to reap the remaining 25% ~ 50% of the resin heads. Refreeze the material and while it's still in the bag, gently hand crunch it down to about twice the size of the consistency of grass prepared for rolling into a j. Then re-Tumble it for run or two of around 15 ~ 30 minutes each. And of course, monitor your progress with a magnifying glass to know when to pull the plug.

With this much less pure quantity run, you might try re-sieving the dry sifted resin in the tumbler again for 1 ~ 3 minutes, stop when there's mostly contaminant left inside the mesh then vibrate or card it through the 70 micron mesh

Separating your resin into two separate grades makes it very difficult to press the second run together by hand so it stays in one piece, also I find I smoke the pure stuff first then can't get high with the less pure stuff, lol......so, with some strains, I find it best to simply make one grade and work the material* until there's hardly any resin heads left. With decent starting material, and even when the material is ground up into the size of less than rolling consistency and worked for a long duration, it will still form a solid with less than 30 seconds of thumb pressure into my palm and the starting material has been stripped of it's goodness...get em all!, I hate leaving a single resin head behind!

* I usually dry sift bud and resin encrusted trim. Everything except the fan leaves and stems. I think those who only dry sift their trim, not their bud too, are missing out on the best hash

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is about what I got... 5% +/- w x3 15min runs. Likely could put a 4th & 5th run in there to get more... but more on the stalk & green material too.

Cleaning the screen w the card between runs helps... discovered at the end.

I got the same grade as Mr. B on this last post... no melt, just clean & tasty. Gotta figure this needs further refinement to get the melt.

My back feels great though! So much easier vs doing all of this w the bags... don't even know if i'll grade it... just keep & smoke the pollen.

Gotta admit... it looks/feels nice. Not a bad purchase imho. Peace

Actually Im sure you will find that the melt is very strain specific. The ECSD that Mr.Bong ran is one of the most melty strains available... right in there with the Chemdog D for melt :)