What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

immune to ingested cannabis?

G

Is it possible to be immune to any effects from ingested cannabis ???
the ways i have tried are:
cannabutter, firecrackers, cannabuttercookies, tinctures, and cannaoil

I've followed the directions making these ingested cannabis products to a T and I've yet to get high or stoned from them, let alone experience any effects at all.

My last batch of cannacookies i made cannabutter by making it normally then re-boiling it with new water to get out some of the impurities.
I put around 15-18 grams (just over a half ounce) of finely ground beaster buds (so decent quality for me) into the mix and only made 15 or so cookies off the whole stick of cannabutter (My cookies were cooked at 375*F) so strength isn't the issue.

I've dumped a 1/4 O of finely ground bud into a 1/4 bottle of vodka before, strained it out later, and all it seemed to do was remove the effects of the alcohol.

cannabutter on toast.....same story, no effects at all.

I'm not talkin about a situation where i just didn't wait long enough for the effects...........they just never come.

Any ideas here? I think im done wasting decent buds (lay off kids, all i can get is beast on my budget lately) on ingestibles that won't get me high.

One more thing, my tolerance isn't the issue, or shouldn't be, as im only smokin on weekends lately and the tolerance plummets during the week.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
me too. Neither cannabutter (both made by me or bought in a'dam) nor mushroom has effect on me.

Maybe we have a kind of strong stomach?

G

hmmm

thanks for the replies romdog and gramsci.antonio!

good to know im not the only one with this issue.
I've gotta let some other stoners try my cookies and see if they get any effects.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not meaning to sound rude, but do you weigh a lot? Or are you a tall/large person? It could be that you're what we refer to over here as a heavyweight (meaning you need substantially larger doses to acquire the desired effect). :wave:

devilgoob

Veteran
Maybe just lower the temperature of baking to 225 or so. I'm fairly sure some people are immune somehow, because some people at a big cannabis smoking get together weren't high off the cookies either. Another thing you can do is eat varying amounts of hash, going up in increment each time.

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
hey ISC, a week or two ago we made hot chococanna for 4 of us...me and my friend got stoned off our ass for like 8 hours and the other two friends didnt feel shit...all drank the same amount and ingested at the same time... i

G

Sammet said:
Not meaning to sound rude, but do you weigh a lot? Or are you a tall/large person? It could be that you're what we refer to over here as a heavyweight (meaning you need substantially larger doses to acquire the desired effect). :wave:

nah, not rude sammet, quite a legit question IMHO. I'm actually a fairly small person. What i was eating in each cookie (actually still eating them, just not getting high) was probably about twice what a normal smoked dosage would be.

everyone else, thanks for the continued replies. I'm pretty sure i'm just one of those people who doesn't experience effects from injested cannabis. Kinda dissapointing, since i was hoping to be able to experience the longer highs of edibles for experiences such as concerts and times when i wanna be high/stoned but am around the wrong crowd to smoke or smell remotely like smoke.

The first time I made cannabutter then brownies... was before i started smoking... I followed the instructions and I got so messed up I didnt try canna-anything for over a year.

fast forward to today, I am used to smoking and have aquired a bit of a tolerance to the effects of canna-things, and using the same method as before to make brownies gets all my friends messed up, but not me. If I want to feel the effects of the brownies i need to stop smoking for about 3-4 days, then eat one. then im trashed. its weird, but the brownies are sort of all or nothing, either your curled into a ball or you shrug and pick up the bong.

In any case I may have found additional potency by using an overall lower temperature to both cook the brownies and make the butter... box says 350*F I use 300*F, and it seemed to make a HUGE difference. But I used different trim... as well...
Regardless everyone agrees the brownies cooked @ 300*F taste way better anyways so I do it like that now. I make brownies ALOT because I dont like smoking so much anymore.

Last edited:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
id say the only way i get really high anymore is through edibles, as i smoke way the hell too much.

it may be a dosage or other variable thats unaccounted for, maybe the cookies got too hot or the tincture wasnt an effective extraction etc. For me, i eat maybe 4 times up to 10 times as much as i smoke in a session in my edibles or tinctures.

for example, i usually dose with about 2 tsp of tincture which is the equivalent of drinking a half a gram of hash at the strength ive prepared it at. i took midgrade bubble to produce this, 120-90 u combined. also, try decarboxylating the tincture, while its not a necessary step a proper gentle heat does change the chemical so its easier for you to maximize the effects off of it, if your liver is having trouble metabolizing the chems itself.

who knows though man

Papulz said:
id say the only way i get really high anymore is through edibles, as i smoke way the hell too much.

it may be a dosage or other variable thats unaccounted for, maybe the cookies got too hot or the tincture wasnt an effective extraction etc. For me, i eat maybe 4 times up to 10 times as much as i smoke in a session in my edibles or tinctures.

for example, i usually dose with about 2 tsp of tincture which is the equivalent of drinking a half a gram of hash at the strength ive prepared it at. i took midgrade bubble to produce this, 120-90 u combined. also, try decarboxylating the tincture, while its not a necessary step a proper gentle heat does change the chemical so its easier for you to maximize the effects off of it, if your liver is having trouble metabolizing the chems itself.

who knows though man

Well I have noted that eating seems to colour the urine a bit harsher yellow, or smoking a LOT in one sitting will do the same thing. Ive been wondering about quantity vs time intake and the effects on the liver, I know it isnt alcohol but I wonder what inhibits the metabolism, if anything, perhaps its just uptake thats inhibited that slows the metabolite processing. who knows is right?

stub

I got trashed off of a friends brownies one time and have never had the same experience since. I would love to have some more. I am a little tired of smoking myself and would appreciate a new experience. I heard that temps over 275 degrade the cannabinoids in baked stuff.
I want to give it a try now that my first grow is a success and there is enough to spare in the kitchen. Might try butter first and spread it all over some toast or something.

G

I've been making edibles for a while now and have found that the extraction results really varies from method to method.

IMO the best method is to made cooking oil by slowly simmering finely ground cannabis mixed 1:1 with water. Simmer for an hour until the water is nearly boiled off. For making brownies, just use the amount of oil for the recipe and double the amount of water and boil off about 1/2 the water.

I make salad oil using a double boiler so that the water doesn't mess up the oil. It takes 1-2 hours to get a decent extraction.

Grinding the cannabis with a coffee grinder to a fine powder increases the extraction by quite a bit.

I've had poor results with firecrackers and mixing bud in with a recipe. I don't think the bud has enough time to contact the oils in the mixtures.

I tried to make some potka with a good bud/alcohol ratio and let it sit for 6mo and it turned out weak.

I have made cannabutter that was quite potent but I don't care for the mess of making it.

When I make a batch of brownies I use the following measurements and it always turns out.

1/4 cup of Canola oil
1 oz leaf trim finely ground (1/8 cup) or
1/8 oz smokeable trim (popcorn buds or sweetleaf) or
1g-3g bud

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I get a wide variety of results from edibles, it is fun. Sometimes it is about digestion, so I only take half of my lipitor on days I am eating herb, because it takes the fat out of my blood, like a blood stream cop. Sometimes I use older herb that has lost some of it's stone, but that is usually pretty good. I would say I need about 3grams of decent herb to get nicely toasted eating it. Keep trying chaps, and invite a friend to experiment side by side, as a guide.
H

panopticist

Sneak attack critical
Veteran
I'm with IrishSoCo on this one, as I've never gotten baked off of edibles...

Cookies or brownies, made with cannabutter or finely ground herb, it doesn't seem to matter. It's a bit of a bummer really, as Ms. Panopticist is a culinary student...

biotek

your burn off all the thc

your burn off all the thc

irishSoCo said:
Is it possible to be immune to any effects from ingested cannabis ???
the ways i have tried are:
cannabutter, firecrackers, cannabuttercookies, tinctures, and cannaoil

I've followed the directions making these ingested cannabis products to a T and I've yet to get high or stoned from them, let alone experience any effects at all.

My last batch of cannacookies i made cannabutter by making it normally then re-boiling it with new water to get out some of the impurities.
I put around 15-18 grams (just over a half ounce) of finely ground beaster buds (so decent quality for me) into the mix and only made 15 or so cookies off the whole stick of cannabutter (My cookies were cooked at 375*F) so strength isn't the issue.

I've dumped a 1/4 O of finely ground bud into a 1/4 bottle of vodka before, strained it out later, and all it seemed to do was remove the effects of the alcohol.

cannabutter on toast.....same story, no effects at all.
howdy,

I'm not talkin about a situation where i just didn't wait long enough for the effects...........they just never come.

Any ideas here? I think im done wasting decent buds (lay off kids, all i can get is beast on my budget lately) on ingestibles that won't get me high.

One more thing, my tolerance isn't the issue, or shouldn't be, as im only smokin on weekends lately and the tolerance plummets during the week.
howdy,
I am a med user that ingests cannabis three times a day with no tolerance build up.first I would suggest cookin at a lower temp ,at 375 you are blowing all the thc off. 375 is what you would set a vaporiser at .(makes sense I hope).wheather I am bakin muffins cookies or spagetti sauce I pre heat to 260 and cook for 18 minutes and then remove from oven and cool.At this temp the chemical structure converts and this what gets you so high when cooked accordingly. been doing this for 4 years and every bake off I do is like a new adventure and hell of lot better for you than any pills from the Doctor.you shoul need no more than a .5 of gram per serving when using this time and temp.no magic here its all about temp and time cooked. good luck
be cool& shine on
bio

biotek

for got to mention

for got to mention

just a fun point none of my friends will eat my baked goodies as they all get "that I can smoke this much attatude " then they eat my cookies, never seen chronic smokers green out so fast and get so high for hours.
bio :rasta:

T

Truthman

I think the reason why some people don't feel the cannabis from eating it may be due to having low levels of vitamin b6.

What b6 does is decarboxylates the thca, which is a protein in cannabis, into thc which is what gets you high.

I suggest you take some b6 tablets along with your cannabis edibles or eat foods high in b6 such as avocado ad nuts when you eat your cannabis or drink your teas. Hopes this helps. Peace.

Last edited:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
When I was younger I never smoked much weed.

I tried it a few times & had friends that smoked but I never toked.

Then the first time I ever got high was from brownies, I got fucking trashed. I mean, I was crippled. I didn't eat weed food for a long time after that, however I was a heavy smoker by now. I've since tried edibles again several times and I don't get high either. I made some firecrackers with a friend once and he got trashed, I just sat there, and sat there, waiting... and nothing happened. I've tried brownies, firecrackers, butter, and so on... still doesn't work. It really fucking pisses me off too. I wish I could eat weed & get high.

I can feel the effects but they are VERY subtle. I have eaten LOTS of edibles all at once before to see if I could feel it and I just feel lazy and tired and slightly numb but never really profoundly high like some people describe.

I made a double batch of krispy treats lately with some cannabutter i made. I ate half of them (which is the equiv of 1 full batch) plus I had 4 pieces of bread absolutely covered in the butter, it was literally dripping down my arm off my elbow!!! lol

I still only felt a very mild overall numbing of my body but nothing intense at all.

I think the amount I would have to eat to truly get ripped would end up including so much weed or hash that it would be cost prohibitive. I will stick to smoking!!!