What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bag Seed Questions/Potential Grow

Tri_Cho_Me

I bought some shit off the street recently and found a couple seeds in it. I am guessing since this is supposed to be kind bud, it means the plant hermie'd on whomever grew it?

It is super dank and awesome looking with great size buds, red hairs, a little bit of crystals, but nothing crazy. However, the smell on it is awful. That fresh cut grass smell rather than skunk. It isn't potent at all, but you start feeling it after about two bowls or a good size J. The fact that I keep buying dog shit on the street is just one more reason I decided to finally take the plunge into producing my own viable, cheaper product.

The pics below show both the bud and the only two seeds I've found thus far and I am about halfway through a half ounce. One is more pale and smaller, while the other is bigger, darker and has an indentation where the seed attached to the plant.

What are some things I would need to be aware of if I wanted to try popping these? Obviously I would want to keep an eye on sex and identify as soon as possible. Is there a way to tell if it's an autoflower?

Thanks in advance!

Tri_Cho_Me

Attachments

• Bag Bud.jpg
    Bag Bud.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bag Seed 2.jpg
    Bag Seed 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Bag Seed.jpg
    Bag Seed.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 8

coldcanna

Veteran
Well the grassy smell is most likely due to bad storage or curing. But if the weed isn't strong than its progeny won't be any better. There's nothing wrong with bag seed though as some of the best strains out there are just that, good luck and some bag seed. The fabled Chem line came from bag seed, so really you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot...

And for what its worth, for a 100 bucks you have access to the best genetics in the world buy shopping around online. You remove the guesswork by doing it this way

Tri_Cho_Me

Well the grassy smell is most likely due to bad storage or curing. But if the weed isn't strong than its progeny won't be any better. There's nothing wrong with bag seed though as some of the best strains out there are just that, good luck and some bag seed. The fabled Chem line came from bag seed, so really you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot...

And for what its worth, for a 100 bucks you have access to the best genetics in the world buy shopping around online. You remove the guesswork by doing it this way

Doesn't potency go down only because it hermie'd? So, if I attempt to grow them and they don't hermie, hopefully the potency will be there.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
"a little bit of crystals, but nothing crazy. However, the smell on it is awful. That fresh cut grass smell rather than skunk. It isn't potent at all, but you start feeling it after about two bowls or a good size J."

WTF guy? You grow those seeds then this is what you'll get ^^^^. The Chem line bagseeds came from expensive potent pot. You have no chance of getting "Bomb"

Tri_Cho_Me

WTF guy, lol

I guess I thought that when a plant hermied, the potency stopped increasing or changed because of it. I must be wrong, and for that I apologize.

Feel free to ignore future stupid questions I may ask.

Tri_Cho_Me

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I think what he's saying is that your own words tell you why you shouldn't bother. (Which is why he quoted you). You generally do not (ever?) find worthy genetics from mediocre bud... for the most part, like begets like.

As coldcanna pointed out, the aroma of hay/grassy could be due to improper drying/curing methods. But if potency isn't there to begin with, then the progeny is not likely to express it either. Herm'd or otherwise.

I mean, honestly, what you described is nothing desirable... why would you want to pop those beans?

That is the question.

RockinRobot

Absolutely nothing wrong with bag seed but if it's seed from shit weed it's probably going to grow shit weed. I started out with bag seed then got some good genetics and I keep going back to the bag seed as its been better than the so called good genetics.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The grower of the shit weed is probably a shit grower to begin with.

Grow those bag seeds if ya want to but don't expect anything special. If you do get something special then you can come back & thumb your nose at the naysayers.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Why fuck around with bagseeds from worthless crap. Life is too short:biggrin:

"a little bit of crystals, but nothing crazy. However, the smell on it is awful. That fresh cut grass smell rather than skunk. It isn't potent at all, but you start feeling it after about two bowls or a good size J."

WTF guy? You grow those seeds then this is what you'll get ^^^^. The Chem line bagseeds came from expensive potent pot. You have no chance of getting "Bomb"

:yeahthats

e0b7c402a719ade2290d9a97de192916b21b9f8065cb05130686a3175ba1eeb4.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts