What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor mold prevention ideas?

Dog Star

Veteran
1.Nope
2.and 3. No its not effect taste or smell bad,you cant over do it..
4.Use only Equisetum arvense specie

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
A product came out, promoted at the fair, but I have not heard much since, so do know know if it works, or how well, but sounds worth an hours research... a UV light you can shine on your plants that zaps fungi etc

Also, I recently found out that water can rinse out monoterpenes, effectively lowering the quality of buds that do not rot... so if I was growing outdoors again, I would string up a line above the plants and when it rains, throw a plastic sheet, anchored at the 4 corners to keep them dry

I don't know where I could get horsetail around here without ordering from a health supplement place or going out and hunting it down myself.

I have done some research on silica and what forms work well, reguise to spend $100 on a tiny bottle of the fast acting stuff...So I did more looking.

Can make salicic acid out of Diatmoaceous earth , lye, some acid, and borax. I'll probably buy something small in the future, but I'd like to try this recipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq0k4OPuwtY

I have been spraying and feeding a fairly stout mix of Europonic Silicate. It's basically the same as Pro-Tekt, but Pro-Tekt is only 5% strength.

So far so good. The next couple weeks will be the test though. The Critical Kush is due to finish around Oct 1 from what I have read, and the Mental floss a couple weeks later.

None of these will be real fat buds I'm afraid, since I can only give them about 4 hrs of direct light per day.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
I was told to spray them with KOH potassium hydroxide (pH up?) @ pH of 11

Has anyone here done this? Can you spray directly on flowers? I also would like to apply Si. Silica has a high pH and will help prevent PM from being systemic and keep out of the plant tissue, but I'm concerned with spraying SI on the flowers....

(I believe I have potassium silicate %7.8 or SiO2? , diy silicate mix)

So far a high pH solution (9.5-10) of water + h2o2 hasn't caused any I'll effect but I have not used extensively.

My instinct tells me to mix up gallons in a pressure sprayer of

Silicate
Cal/mg
Kelp
pH up to 10+

And spray all under the branches, *legs and fan leaves, maybe not so much directly on the plant but more from the bottom up, as in my case the problem will be from the ground up. I can only assume as I am prepared for the worse. I may lose it all to if not mildew then mold and rot no matter how much I try now.