What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

outdoor mold prevention ideas?

Help- I'm concerned that my plants may not have enough mold resistance for the situation. The only place I can put them is blocked from sunlight until about noon or so. I really can't afford to lose these to mold, as I'm out of meds as it is.

The only option I can think of is to move them indoors. If I do that, they will have to go under some LED's and from my experience so far, the plants get a little shock. I worry about hermies or ripening issues.

I don't know what else I could do with them in their current location to protect them from the damp.

Anyone have any input?

M

metsäkana

silica in ground, healty resistant plant should not mold but if it rains many weeks its pretty hard to prevent even if you use like unfatted milk or Sodium bicarbonate. some of my guerilla plants did get mold but it was 100% humidity like 2weeks north61latitude..some did not. i had some shade plants last year that i transfered indoor becouse it was too shady spot and i did get like 1/3 or less of the roots but they did fatten up under hps.. hermies and mold come if its bad genetics.. i dont use anything only neem in veg but that only indoors.. if you use chemicals please smoke it yourself bether dont use them. just use bether spot next year or bether genetics.

Never would use any chemicals on any of them. I use Neem indoors as well, just not during flower cycle. I don't bering stuff in and out anymore, so things have been pretty clean inside lately.. I did consider trying Milk and Sodium Bicarbonate as prevention, just wanted other's experience. Don't want to waste my time or create any off flavors even with save things.

If I happen to get mold on any of them, they will get a bag over their heads before I excecute them.

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super,

If you have calcium high enough, N low enough and enough Cu, Mn and Zn. You will withstand very well the molds.

Horsetail (the plant) applied several times prior to mold showing up helps a lot. So does a good seaweed.

Tynehead Tom

can anyone share their mix directions for using Milk / Sodium bicarbonate ? and best milk to use ? 1% 2% ect.

maxmurder

Veteran
Super,
Horsetail (the plant) applied several times prior to mold showing up helps a lot. So does a good seaweed.

thanks for reminding me about the horsetail, leadsled left me some i need to get brewing:tiphat:
on the seaweed- i ordered some of that 400 cytokinin what do you think about mixing that with horsetail?

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for reminding me about the horsetail, leadsled left me some i need to get brewing:tiphat:
on the seaweed- i ordered some of that 400 cytokinin what do you think about mixing that with horsetail?

No problem, super compatible stuff.

Dog Star

Veteran
Horstail is best for protecting flowers against mould...

just spray 3 days in a row before rains start.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Air movement is also important... if you cannot do more with light, is there anything you can to with movement ?

I have a Stihl 2 stroke petrol leaf blower, professional kit, with a bit of moderate use it can be very useful to dry our the dew on your plants, reducing the risk of rot

After 8 years of OD growing here in Spain, I became convinced that Autumn light is the critical factor in the choice of growing site. Better still, Autumn light for all of the plant, the sun drops and IMO often people plant too close together

Dog Star

Veteran
For outdoor is a great thing that after a big rain you come to shake a bit plants
so a excess water dont stay long on a buds as this is a critical moment
to get mould...

Again some spraying of a Horstail tea is a good idea after bigger rains as this
will keep a funghi controled more better.

But i mention this method cause she works and its total organic.

thanks for the ideas. I'm glad I have the experience to have asked this ahead of time. I feel like I still have a week or 2 before the buds get big enough to put me in the danger zone.

I do like to shake them off in the morning, but I am not an early riser. I really wish I would have cut down these 2 trees blocking the morning sun, they aren't good trees, but they are next to the power line so I can't just cut them down on my own.

Silica- I have heard of this to add strength to the plant, I got a free sample one time but didn't know what it was for. It sounds like products containing silica can be used both in the soil and as a spray?

I'm not so worried about rain as much as just the cool nights and dewfall here.

Next year I'm shopping for Genetics with known resistance. I hate all of the weak and disease prone crosses that keep coming about due to improper line crosses.

I had tried to get some better pics yesterday, but my camera doesn't seem to want to give me the focus detail. The one on the left and the short one in the RF are 2 different Mental Floss that came from seed, and the one in the middle is Critical Kush. Both claim they are "indoor/outdoor" varieties, but that doesn't mean a whole lot from my experience.

Attachments

• 20160911_143932.jpg
    20160911_143932.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 6
M

metsäkana

can you overdo horsetail (silica)? does it effect taste if sprayd late flower? does it smell anything? i seen those in swamp areas i think, they smell mud? :D