What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budget friendly lighting for a 10x10 veg tent?

p0opstlnksal0t

I've been racking my brain trying to come up with the best budget friendly (initial cost and running costs) of lighting up a 10x10 veg tent down in the basement. I like the idea of running 4x 600w cmh bulbs but it appears to be out of my budget right now. Would 4x 4ft 8 bulb t5 fixtures suffice? They could be easily vented into the basement. No need for ac. 450w each for a total of 1800w total is affordable month to month.... but not sure I'd be stretched pretty thin lumen per foot wise in a 10x10

I think lumens would be way too thin. 4 x single-ended 600w hps would be inexpensive and cover that area much better. Or get three and have one corner for working in.

Edit: I just realised they make a 600w mh, so three or four of those would do the job nicely if you want the plants to stay short and bushy.

Last edited:

CalMag

Veteran
If you are going to put them outdoor for the flowering, maybe some SE mh for veg, If you are going to put them in a flowering room then probably i would have bought some Neon. Growth technology have got nice neon lamps for exemple. Not so much heat, not so expensive and good enough!

Latest posts

Latest posts