Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > Something wicked this way comes

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Something wicked this way comes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2017, 01:17 AM #121
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

1. the same two apple kush

2. smaller plant is "dire wolf" and larger is one of the lodi dodi's again.

3. same dire wolf from #2 and a smaller dire wolf, a week apart. and a smaller fresh transplant that i can't remember the name of right now.

4. another one i can't remember shit about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	398983 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	398984 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	398985 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	398986
delta9nxs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:42 AM #122
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

delta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to beholddelta9nxs is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwho View Post
nice d9, looking nice an compact. whats your thoughts on the running the horizontal de bulbs?
thank you! since i have so much time on my hands growing ppk style i thought i'd make plant torture my requisite time consuming hobby.

the de's are much more efficient than moguls. perhaps 50%. i have no way of measuring spectrum accurately but the light using the philips greenpower bulb seems to have a greater blue component. both to my eye and i think it's tightening node spacing as well.

Old 02-26-2017, 01:59 AM #123
Mr Blah

Mr Blah has a spectacular aura aboutMr Blah has a spectacular aura aboutMr Blah has a spectacular aura aboutMr Blah has a spectacular aura aboutMr Blah has a spectacular aura about
Looking real nice.
Gmanwho; are you talking about the double ended bulbs or the gavitas using the DE bulbs?

50% more efficient? Please elaborate.
Mr Blah is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2017, 02:30 AM #124
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

"50% more efficient? Please elaborate."

i just meant more efficient at converting electricity to plant available radiation.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:32 AM #125
Oysters

Oysters will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta9nxs View Post
just some random shots of different plants.
Lovely...a joy to behold. Any guesses on how gigantically they'll fill that 13'6" ceiling?
Oysters is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2017, 05:03 AM #126
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oysters View Post
Lovely...a joy to behold. Any guesses on how gigantically they'll fill that 13'6" ceiling?
i hope not very tall as my scrog net height is 42". i have one plant taller than that already. the net will be 54x54" or 20.25 sq ft.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:05 AM #127
gmanwho
See most people just think im an asshole, but im not. That's just my style.

gmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud ofgmanwho has much to be proud of
liking the looks of that lodi dodi. looking like some sativa haze action going on. first thought was i like the sativaish blades... then i was like it looks like cousin it from the adams family.

as you are beginning to see the de's are much more efficient. later in flowering if the plants can keep up with turning the light up, you can pack some serious weight. thats if getting the plant not to consume every leaf.

looking good.. b well
gmanwho is offline Quote

Old 02-26-2017, 08:20 PM #128
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwho View Post
liking the looks of that lodi dodi. looking like some sativa haze action going on. first thought was i like the sativaish blades... then i was like it looks like cousin it from the adams family.

as you are beginning to see the de's are much more efficient. later in flowering if the plants can keep up with turning the light up, you can pack some serious weight. thats if getting the plant not to consume every leaf.

looking good.. b well
from leafly

"Lodi Dodi is a sativa-dominant hybrid popular in Washington State. Exclusively bred by The Clone Zone, the genetic heritage of Lodi Dodi is undefined and closely guarded. Lodi Dodi carries a sweet, unique flavor of tropical fruit and fresh wildflowers. The pungent aroma leads the way towards a cerebral buzz, known to spark creativity and a boost of energy that will turn any task into a more enjoyable adventure."

mrs d9 had the bud before and really liked it. we've both done the concentrate and it was tasty. the plant is growing like a beast.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:47 PM #129
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

so just a little update on the veg room. we have been adding 2 plants a week to the recirculating system with the 7 gal containers. initially we had very low humidity and were running a humidifier. then as we added plants to the room and they grew larger and the total plant mass went up we dialed the humidifier down.

this last week we removed the humidifier. we have been running the 10 de lights all together on an 8/4/8/4 schedule. but when the lights went out and the ac's brought air temp down to 78f the compressors would stop and humidity would shoot up to the 95-99% range.

so we did two corrections. installed a 70pt per day de-huey and put the lights on a 6/6/6/6 schedule by alternating sides of the room. 5 lights on for 6 hours, then the other 5 on for 6 hours.

figuring the daily light integral using 12 hrs and 1200 umols i get 51.84 moles per diurnal cycle. a huge amount of light. the plants have been on that regime for 5 days now and seem more vigorous than at the 8/4/8/4 schedule which delivered 69.12 moles per cycle.

under the de's i think that the plants hit a "wall" at about 8 hrs under intense lighting say 1200 umols or above. and slowed metabolism. sometimes a slight sagging look to the whole plant.

but setting the lights to alternate in sets created a steady heat load on the room which stabilized the moisture removal rate of the ac's. with the de-huey we can keep the room at any humidity we want. i have been running at about 75% plus or minus 5 24/7. temps usually between 82-86f. co2 at 850 ppm.

mixing solution at about 850 ppm in the volume tanks with a ph of about 6.1 using no ph adjusters. the recirculating res is running at about 780 ppm and 5.9 this morning.

the flower room is ready for plants so i flooded that half the system from the recirculating res in the veg room. we installed a valve to accomplish that. i will then top it from the volume tank.

today is feb 26. we filled the system for the first time dec 4. since then no liquid has been removed from the system except for cleaning each site when a plant is moved. just a quick stiff brush scum buster routine and suck the dirty solution out with the shop vac until it runs clean. so we will be cleaning 4 sites out of 30 per week.

83 days with input only and reading 780 ppm and 5.9 ph.

of course we still haven't reached a full plant load so it's still early to draw conclusions.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:24 AM #130
delta9nxs
No Jive Productions

Smile

so i'm using regular turface right out of the bag, washed thoroughly but not screened, 50/50 by volume with large, chunky style xlp perlite.

i have used turface/perlite combinations before but never at this particle size and ratio. av8or is the first one to try this mix. he also recommended 1/2 gal every 90 minutes.

so, after a lot of trial and error experimenting with various combinations of duration and interval, i found that the plants like the 1/2 gal every 90 min the best.

this is in these 7 gal tubs.

i'm actually delivering about 72 oz's in 30 seconds.

i think i underestimated the ability of this 38% air filled porosity medium to hold water. i thought it would dry down much faster than it does.

5 members found this post helpful.