What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are some cool businesses to set up?!?

St. Phatty

Sort of a specialized version of Divorce Sales ...

Find a list of all the Russian women emigrating to the US to marry some American dude.

Find out where their homes are.

Wait 5 years for the Russian women to get citizenship.

In a high proportion of cases, they will divorce and the home will be sold shortly thereafter.

Be there with cash. Focus on the sales with the extra good pricing.

The more they hate each other at that point, usually the better the pricing.

Then you just have to deal with the questionable decorating. :woohoo:

mowood3479

Veteran
tutoring here. no.

but mostly school teachers and uni students do it. The uni tutoring pays more.

Music lessons. no. You can either teach or not. Prob have to make a book (real names of trusted folks who for a small amount of bud a year will say if questioned yeh i get piano lessons from such and such if questioned)

hypnotherapy, life coaching, personal fitness, massage, garden design, private surf lessons, bush walking guide , private ski instructor for back country trips , fishing guide (on someone else s boat or fresh water river guide due to drug testing etc)

a good flyfishing guide charge alot. get paid in cash. live near a river make a website, maybee few small ads in a local paper and a dedicated mobile phone that wrings through to a message service. Call em back , say your fully booked and cant recommend a guide as there all crap.

I think maybe you’re thinking to deeply about this.. it doesn’t really matter what business it is, if you claim income and pay taxes the govt will be happy.. if your a tutor they are not going to interview your students to see if they are actually paying you what you claim..

As I type this I realize I really don’t know what the fuck I’m talking about... basically just my experience and what was taught to me by old head growers... I could be wrong.. but I pay my taxes and workers come and do my audits with state dept of taxes.. all sorts of quarterly filing requirements.. shit blows but I do all that shit and pay the govt there 1/3 cut..

Having a legit business is a real time/$ suck..
If I had to do it over again I’d stay away from anything with employees.. it becomes much more paperwork and liability and less money laundering

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started a lawn care business last year and did pretty well. I hope to do it full time in a couple years. I got my pesticide license and did some classes at my local community college. I cater to a more upscale customer because I'm not a mow, blow and go guy. I got my license to control mosquitos and fire ants late last year. I formed a LLC. Still have my full time job so I rolled everything I made back into the company. I invested profits into more equipment and didn't go into debt. Rich people want a manicured lawn but not many around here know how. That gives me an advantage.
Burn1

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. You have no idea how valuable a hotdog cart is when it comes to depositing large sums of money in your bank account. You'll have to pay taxes on your revenue, but thank god you can sell enough hotdogs to stay in business ;)

I know a couple 19 and 22 year old kids (brothers) who paid for their college and bought a house (and rented rooms to other students), with money they made selling Grilled Cheeses at a farmers market on Saturday mornings. When they added bacon to the grilled cheeses, they said it was becoming a problem because they were selling too much, even at $10 a piece, it was interfering with their weed money deposits. lol. Still, smart kids.

Spaventa

Veteran
I would like having a motor racing circuit and some cars to hire out, mainly to corporate clients but also for private individuals having an experience type thing. People pay a lot for a few laps.
Id get to use it for free. Thats the motivation but I think it would be very profitable too.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I would like having a motor racing circuit and some cars to hire out, mainly to corporate clients but also for private individuals having an experience type thing. People pay a lot for a few laps.
Id get to use it for free. Thats the motivation but I think it would be very profitable too.

I always thought I could drive, then I spent a couple hours in a Formula 3 (or 4. can't remember) car and had my foot on the floor 99% of the time. The pros were still passing me. Why? Not sacrificing my entry for a good exit is one. All sorts of rookie mistakes. They made NO mistakes going in or coming out of the corners. They'd let me catch up a couple times, then would leave me. At the back. Alone. Except for a friend. I smoked him. lol

What a blast.