What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recommend me a LED grow light

Check My journal out,

I use powerled from ledgrow.se, last grow i hit 1,3G/w in soil. They are pretty cheap also. 350 $ for à 120w..

Peace

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good grower can pull a pound down with a Lumigrow 330 which works out to around 1.3 to 1.4 grams per watt and very much inline with what other growers are getting with various high powered LED lights. The difference is you have far better quality and components in the Lumigrow and a no bullshit 5 year warranty from a US company in California. Now you buy the damn Lumigrow or I will break your fucking legs jerky! :bigeye:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
I like everything about the Lumigrow LED's except the price, which IMHO, is ridiculous.

I'm going to wait a year or two.

RMS

:smoweed:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good grower can pull a pound down with a Lumigrow 330 which works out to around 1.3 to 1.4 grams per watt and very much inline with what other growers are getting with various high powered LED lights. .....

thats a good yield, i have had similar yields from my LED's with a good strain - but it doesnt mean that a 330w is equal to a 600w hps because i also average around 1.3 gpw with hid lighting.

as i said earler -many manufacturers make claims of equivalency that are very optimistic to put it lightly. doesnt mean the lights arent good.

similarly many seed manufacturers say their strain will be ready in 9 weeks when really we are talking 10-11. its just the way that business tends to work ;)

VG

G

Guest 107167

I'm gonna go travelling and working abroad next year, so there's no point to buy such pricey lumigrow light. I'll search more for test grows with different lamps.

SensiBC

IMHO save the LED's until they're more evolved and stop listening to the manufacturers claims because they're probably more bullshit than not. Instead I'd grab a 250 watt HPS on the cheap and call it a day. Little to almost no heat, easily sourced parts, lotsa lumens and penetration comparatively, and dirt cheap. Will take a CMH bulb too, which rocks for veg from my experience.

Or go buy the $1500 panel from AN. That sumbish is bright as hell; my eyes still haven't adjusted since the grow shop shill blinded me with it.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Or go buy the $1500 panel from AN. That sumbish is bright as hell; my eyes still haven't adjusted since the grow shop shill blinded me with it.

I just took my 180w blackstar out of the box and plugged it in. My wife was at her PC with her back to me when I plugged it in and it was still bright enough for her to say "turn it off it's hurting my eyes!"

It ought to rock in my 12" X 18" X 30" mini cab!

S

sm0k4

I'm less impressed by Kessil after reading their official forum at monorad.com. Looks like a grow diameter of 20" for one thing. (Although, from the photo it was a prototype model that they used.)

That light is tiny. Don't think I would expect to grow solely with a Kessil. You'd need 3-4 of them. Maybe they should increase the footprint a little bit.

S

sm0k4

Indeed! I can't wait to get my cab running. Looks like somebody is arc welding in my room.

My little 20 Watt LED array already lights up the whole room when the case door is open. Can't wait to build the 300W array. Gonna need sunglasses for sure!

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
My little 20 Watt LED array already lights up the whole room when the case door is open. Can't wait to build the 300W array. Gonna need sunglasses for sure!

Kewl! I love all the custom opportunities home built led arrays provide! You could have supplemental LEDs all around and among your plants to provide good light penetration.

a6grow

Does anyone have experience with T5 led's?

20083416425546235.jpg

S

sm0k4

Those don't look like high power emitters and probably wouldn't penetrate enough. The bare tube inside the canopy might be ok right next to the leaves. They look more tuned to commercial lighting.