What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How much nitrogen to flow through filled column in order to remove moisture?

HenryHill2016

From my understanding, flowing nitrogen through a packed column willl remove any moisture, and give you clear/amber extracts... But how much do you guys push through the column?

I was thinking also that maybe putting the herb in the vac oven at low temps then pulling vac would help remove some of the H20. ANyone currently do this?

prune

Veteran
not a lot to recommend with that idea, expensive, time consuming and mostly futile as a certain percentage of moisture is always bound up in cell structures untill the solvent strikes.

and then there's that mad rush of trying to lessen water content while fighting the simultaneous serious loss of terpenes, which is always a losing battle.

gardenlover

I thought drying the material as much as possible was a good idea so i used to put it in my vacuum without heat added and i am not 100% certain but i believe it did increase yields, but it also made it darker.

pnw bb

exposing your material to a vacuum prior to extracting degrades many desirables. instead cool your material column prior and during exposure to solvent. and use sub zero solvent . thereby avoiding moisture pick up to begin with. that practice is basically industry standard. thousands of pounds processed every month and no one vac ovens their material just fyi.

Latest posts

Latest posts