What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who's all prevented their own arthritis through using cannabis?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"prevented"? no, nothing has been prevented. It helps a little but there are trade offs

hazyfontazy

Veteran
just started getting arthritis and gout ,started toking at 11 now 49 ,weed may have helped prolong it and excess alcohol probably bought it on ,struggling daily ,,
but oh well ,,ive had a blast ,,old age dont worry me :)

gout pain worse than childbirth ,,ive had this confirmed by a woman with 4 kids :)

Green Squall

just started getting arthritis and gout ,started toking at 11 now 49 ,weed may have helped prolong it and excess alcohol probably bought it on ,struggling daily ,,
but oh well ,,ive had a blast ,,old age dont worry me :)

gout pain worse than childbirth ,,ive had this confirmed by a woman with 4 kids :)

Yes gout fucking sucks. I'm on day 4 of an attack on my toe and ankle. I once got it in my knee and oh my god.....If I didn't have some old painkillers laying around I would have gone to the ER. I assume it from all the beer I drink, but I have also been eating a lot of turkey which has a very high purine content.

Easy7

Veteran
There are 10 types of arthritis. No way does cannabis prevent them. Infact smoking anything is bad for inflammation. Even if there is some relief, smoking increases inflammation. Edibles and vaping is far better for medical usage.

I was getting a lot of inflamation from tobacco smoking. Even cannabis smoke can make joints inflammed worse. Smoke in general is bad for you, even if some relief is provided.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Yes gout fucking sucks. I'm on day 4 of an attack on my toe and ankle. I once got it in my knee and oh my god.....If I didn't have some old painkillers laying around I would have gone to the ER. I assume it from all the beer I drink, but I have also been eating a lot of turkey which has a very high purine content.

get it in my knee quite regular ,,it swaps from 1 to the other ,,i got it the other night and just as it kicked in i got 1 of them muscle spasms too ,,muscle was saying straighten leg gout was saying fuck off ,,the pain was impossible to bear ,

its all down to drink and good living ,, ilaughed at that ,,but i do eat lots of steak and drink lots of cider ,,and i aint quitting either ,
so i got colcichine ,,allopurniol ,diclophenic,napraxen ,amytripiline and tramadol to help lol + cannabis via vape

DemonTrich

Veteran
I have spondolaraphy(sp), and have been diagnosed since 2..8. I was on methotrexate pills, then injections, and remicade infusions. I quit all that shit 2 yrs ago. I've been a heavy smoker since. I rarely get flareups. Maybe 2x a yr vs 1 a month on average.

Recently had knee surgery, smoked darlins net (dansbud pheno) and it took the pain away vs norcos.

M

moose eater

Not being a smart-ass, but if it's truly prevented (i.e., not getting it and reducing the symptoms, but preventing it) how would you know you prevented it?

I'm a 45-year cannabis smoker, going on 46 years, and my knees hurt getting out of bed, standing up the first time of each day is akin to someone in phys therapy after a serious accident (at least for the first few minutes), my back's screwed at all three levels, etc. Had a Doc tell me the arthritis in my knees is serious.

Who knew?? I assumed that getting old hurts.. plain and simple.

I keep smoking cannabis and related products, take an 81 mg aspirin each A.M. for cardiac arrest prevention, as well as alpha lipoic acid and stout D-3 supplements, limber up minimally coming down the stairs each morning (we built a 36' tall house a couple decades ago, before aging kicked into higher gear, due to building vertically being less expense per sq. ft. that building horizontally), etc.

Haven't taken an opiate-based pain pill or muscle relaxer in probably over 3 mos. now, not that there hasn't been pain. And before that, averaged a pill or so every couple months.

Lately I sometimes get to sleep by eating a half or whole chocolate (with walnuts) canna brownie and taking a few puffs.... sometimes adding an alc. beverage to the regimen.

But preventing arthritis? Not here, other than how would I know what state my existing arthritis might be in if I hadn't been smoking weed and related items for the last 4-1/2 decades? One can only speculate!

It's kinda' like saying my cannabis keeps elephants away, because there's none in my yard. Would there be, without it? How many?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i have had to cut back dramatically the last 4 or 5 years due to needing to keep the jobs i have had, dammit. when i smoked regularly my ankles/knees/shoulders did not keep me up nights. cannabis was once frequently used for treating peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage with the disconcerting ability to simultaneously kill feeling in extremeties AND cause electric-shock like pain in the same limb.) i had zero symptoms/pain etc. until a few months after quitting during a job hunt.:mad:

DemonTrich

Veteran
Well I haven't had to have knees, good, or shoulders drained, minus my.knee i had surgery on in a long time. Do not works for me.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I know I have. Haven't even got the shit.

Cannabis heals. :biggrin:

Sorry to say, but it's coming bro. I know what you mean though. I'm aging slower than my peers, and I give partial credit to our friend the cannabis bush. :)

The main thing is to keep moving. Take time to do stuff like stretching and yoga and pilates. That stuff really improves the quality of life too!

Long May You Run- Neil Young said it.

angelgoob

I was joking.

Coz I find it so funny that you'd not get it because of cannabis. LOL maybe you're not prone or old enough. :)

Cadfael

This is what I do for my arthritis, doesn't work well for gout.

Cannabis tincture applied to the ailing joints and then covered with dmso. Apply once or twice a day (usually morning and night).

Motion is the lotion.

Last edited:

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Unfortunately with gout the only cure whilst having an attack is to neutralise the uric acid ..no pain killers or pain relief creams work and there's no way any motion will help ..trying to move a joint that's under attack results in even more pain ...colchicine pills are the quickest remedy washed down with cherry juice. ..