What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Update and pics

Update and pics

Greetings friends.

I'm about to get out of town but I have time for a quick update first. The 4 red eye Jedi plants I've got in flower are doing pretty well. They are starting to drink a lot of water. So far they seem nice and healthy. I'm getting a lot of streach, especially on the two #2's in the back of the tent and I'm sure I'll be pushing the limits of the headroom in the tent again. I did a partial lollipoping a few days ago and will finish it next week. Here are a few pics of the girls.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
fookin hell man, that sounds like a crazy time!
enjoy yourself and be safe, brother
/sounds like this isnt your first rodeo
one of the best "dates" i ever had when i was young was with the mrs and a bunch of blue meanies in a local canyon
how long did the plant take to flower?
if it isnt till late oct that you have to worry about, you should be fine for most indica/ hybrids
some cold up top is great, it brings out the cool colors and the plant is still able to finish
if you can, put some hay around the plants ir if you are being stealth some mulch, it will help insulate the soil
/it preserves water in the hot months and adds warmth in the cold
its when the plant freezes that you need to pull the plug
hope you enjoy your trip bruh, kick ass man and have fun

Rodehazrd

Nice green there Fiddy

Is that in straight ffhf or did you amend? Lollipop what lollipop? Looks pretty busy down there to me. I hope you're enjoying Co.

al70

Veteran
Great work fiddy, well done, you're cabin by the lake looks spectacular, i imagine it's a peaceful place to hang out, goodluck.

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

It's been a crazy few days with a lot of travel and exploration of the beautiful state of Colorado. We made it to Boulder Friday morning and immediately hit a couple dispensaries, a place called the farm and a place called the station. We grabbed a few grams of some diffrent kinds of bud and a bunch of prerolled joints. It was kind of cool to buy buds in a store with no worries about cops or anything. The buds were good but nothing super special. The shows were very diffrent from Friday to Saturday. Friday was pretty mellow, and they started allmost an hour late. They didn't open the gates untill 45 mil late Friday because they were having technical difficulties with sound check. The stadium was pretty full and we got in as soon as possable to get a spot right in front of the stage. Saturday's show was a completely diffrent beast. The place was packed full of heads and I Had a wonderful psychedelic experience with the MDA and the shrooms that I was eating. By far the best D&C show I've seen and the best time I've had at a show since I was a kid. The Boulder scene was really cool. There were a lot of people vending everything from shirts and cristals to beer and booze and food. Really couldn't have asked for more. I also got to shock out some of the Boulder area and a couple disc golf courses in the area. I can't wait to go back.

@pop_rocks. Hell yea pop, it was a great time brother! The shakedown street (vending area) was insane. Anything you needed to enhance your show was avalable there, I was offered so many drugs it was hard to not overdue it. I wasn't shore how hard to hit it at my age but it turned out to be a perfectly wonderful experience. Everyone we met and sat with were really cool. The collage atmosphere really accompanied the fans well. I use to love love taking some shrooms and going out into nature like you and your Mrs.

The plants are flowering pretty quick in the tent so I'm thinking the ones outside should be ok if the weather cooperates. It's defenatley a hybrid so we will see. I'd love to see some of those fall colors on the plants keeping my fingers crossed. Some ground cover is a great idea, and should help them dry a little slower too.

@Rodehazrd. Thanks brother. They are in 2/1 HF/OF which seems to be keeping them happy for now. I just took off the 4 lowest branches off and did a little clean up at the bottom, I'll be taking more off this week now that she has had time to show me her bud sights.

@al70. Thanks for the kind words brother! I'm really lucky to have the cabin to go to and it's really nice there, but I don't have a lot of time which makes it tough to go very often. Good luck to you as well my friend.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
it sounds like you had a great time, fiddy!
its been a while since we went big here but i think a lot of the trip is based on the environment you are in and how you feel inside
if you are super upbeat and ready for fun then anyplace can be a good place to trip, but you also need to be around cool people
it sounds like it was a great crowd on saturday
i remember the first time i went into a store and bought my weed like it was any other thing
the choices, being able to compare different kinds and walking out not feeling like i needed to hide what i was doing, it all felt so great
so lets have a smoke report,bruh
what were the strains you bought and how did you like them
growing your own you already smoke good, but its fun to try smoking different weed
i always like trying new stuff

packerfan79

Veteran
Damn Fiddynuts, sounds like an epic trip/show. MDA is ecstasy? I am out of the loop, other than shrooms. Cool that you got to get out and check out Boulder, I hear good things. I could of told you the shop weed wouldn't hold a candle to what you grow. I hear it every time I serve a new customer. Shop weed sucks. I think the mass production just doesn't seem to be as good as hand crafted bud.

Rodehazrd

I'm glad you made it back safe Fiddy.
I shopped at the farm in Boulder several years ago and liked all I got there, first taste of headband for me and some nice sativa samples too. I do think my own headband is somewhat sweeter. When regs stop small growers from bringing something in from the hills and selling to a dispensary really well done buds have to be found underground. The trend among younger folk seems to be oil in a vape or dabs. There may not be much market for kine buds in years to come.

Does anybody know how to get rosin in a vape? I think I want to make oil but the press seems better method.
PF79 you do that right?:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Good afternoon friends.

@pop_rocks. It had been a while since I did any psychedelics or party drugs too brother but I'm glad I did. For the last few years I've really wondered if I could handle the intensity of tripping and for a while I thought it best that I didn't. But with how great I've been feeling since getting back into shape physically and the improved mental disposition that came with that I figured it would be a great time to try. You are totally right that your attitude going into a trip is the most important thing, if your good mentally you should be able to have a great time. Having so many others around me experiencing similar trips made it all the better. The crowd was great. I read today that there were 58,000 heads there between the two shows and only 4 arrests all weekend.
The dispensary experience was a good one too. It was nice to have so many choices of bud ect. Off the top of my head I think we sampled headband, gg4, super lemon haze, bio diesel, chemdawg (not a real chem91) and a few others that I don't remember. Out of the bunch the bio diesel was the best flavor and the super lemon haze had a nice full sativa buzz. Im a little bummed that there wasn't time to go to the chemmy jones grow or even get any of the buds. The grower was at the show Friday but we couldn't connect. Next time we will make it happen. Having a lot of variety was the best part by far, I love to try new stuff as well.

@Packerfan. Epic is a great way to describe the weekend brother. I'm a bit out of the loop as well but MDA is very similar to what we call ecstasy. The kiddies call ecstasy (MDMA) Molly these days and they call this stuff Sally or sass (MDA). MDA and MDMA have a very similar buzz but MDA isn't as touchy-feely and not as speedy as MDMA, less teeth grinding for sure. Some say it's a bit more psychedelic as well, especially when combined with acid or shrooms.
You are right that the weed in the shops didn't impress me as much as I'd hoped it would. None of it was as loud as the 91xSL that I have and not nearly as frosty as the red eye Jedi. Before I'd started growing I'd have much more impressed with the quality. Your are right that it just dosent have that fresh hand crafted smell or flavor that my plants do. I guess I'm really spoiled now. Again none of it was bad just not the best it could be.

@Rodehazrd. Thanks brother! Yes the farm is a nice store, a bit pricy but clean and well operated. On Sunday we went to a place called starbuds that had a lot of great deals and pretty good buds. Out of the three we went to it was cool to see how diffrently they were from each other. I think your right that the kids like dabs and vaping these days and the dispensaries are catering to that. I could see the buds market getting squeezed a bit by the oil, wax, ect market in the future too.
The myster pen I have can burn rosin for sure. It has an open cup that you can put any oil, wax, whatever you like in it. Google myster fog pen and check them out.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
wow man, that sounds like it was quite a show!
im glad you enjoyed your time and got to connect with some fellow heads
the legal scene is always an experience the first time you walk into a store and score some weed just like anything else you can buy
so many different varieties to choose from and its all out in the open,man part of the fun is just talking shop!
/ive always had some good connects growing up, but i was not expecting the variety i found when i walked into the first med shop back in the 90's
one day it will be just like the beer market where you have your cheaper options and then your craft beers
its been a while since ive taken a psychedelic vacation man; what a great trip , it sounds like co is an all right place

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Fiddynuts,

Sounds like an epic trip. Glad you had fun. I love Colorado, it's gods country. I have never tried ecstasy, I usually stick with shrooms, did a bunch of acid back in my teens. I have a phishhead buddy who has DMT but I am to chickenshit to try it. I enjoy the shrooms especially when I am out in nature, nice and peaceful, and reflective. Have you ever heard of Paul Staments? He's a mycologist, who cured his stuttering with a shroom trip. It wasn't intentional but cool all the same. He also concocted some fungus that has basically saved the hone y bee populations. He was on Joe Rogans podcast, it's wort a listen if you got 2 and a half hours. Lol.

Fiddynut

Happy Wednesday tribe.

Half way through the week allready and I'm looking forward to the weekend. Today was the first day I worked out in allmost a week and it felt really good. It's crazy how my body and mind has been so use to my morning workouts that it felt really weird to take days off. If we have good weather this weekend I want to hit the mountain bike trails hard. I don't think that I mentioned that the buddy we stayed with in Colorado is a mountain bike racer and when I heard about his training it made me want to step my game up. Anyone that can do a 100 mile mountain bike race at high elivation gets mad respect from me. Makes my little 12 mile loops look like child's play.

@pop_rocks. The weed shop experience was a lot of fun for me. Like you said it was an experience for sure. I've gotten weed delivered when we were in California but it was diffrent than being able to see and smell everything before I bought it. Also getting to discuss your preferences with the bud tender can be a good experience, like you said talking shop. 2 of the 3 places I went seemed to have knowledgeable bid tenders that were fun and informative to speak with, the other guy was a dusche who wasn't helpful at all. We didn't get any chick bud tenders maybe next time.
I think your right with your beer comparison. If that's the case than I want to stay a "home brewer" LOL.

@Packerfan. Ecstasy can be fun but it's pretty "speedy" and can cause a lot of teeth grinding. For me the fun can out way the negative aspect but everyone is diffrent. If it were me I'd try the DMT, but I'll try most things at least once. If you do make sure to be with someone you trust with your life and take it easy. The fact that it's short lasting means that even if it's a not a good time you won't have to suffer a long time. That said I've never come across it and don't know how crazy the trip is. I think I've heard of that Paul Staments. I want to learn more about and I'll check out that podcast.

Rodehazrd

Hey Guys
Growing your own shrooms is fun and not very hard. I did it in jars putting sawdust in a pressure cooker to clean it then infect it and let it go . I got spores from the mushroom people I don't know it they're still around but surly someone has it.

Pretty purple bruised looking stuff. Stores forever too. I'm looking for some shitake soon so if i see any I'll post it up if anyone's interested.:tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
its crazy how fit some people can get, fiddy
you are talking about guys who have been going at it for years,(where we ride there is a guy we call "the edge", crazy fast super fit but the guy is as cool as fonzy)
its neat that you got to meet a fellow mtb rider, were you able to check out his bikes?
its cool when you meet others who share your stoke, it will always gets you pumped
the most important part of the shop experience is educating the buyer if possible
some people have no idea that "weed" is actually such a dynamic plant
they jsut hink they smoke it and it gets you high
a good budtender will run down the differences

packerfan79

Veteran
Well jungle mates,

I freaking scored today, a guy I know from another forum, is sending me a pack of lemon g x old mother ghani. And pineapple hashplant. Both unreleased from bodhi. To top that my buddy made some dos-i-do x (dos-i-do x cherry pie) f2s that are coming my way

Getting ready for the camping trip. I went to the bass pro shop and got the kids new fishing poles.

Rodehazrd

Well jungle mates,

I freaking scored today, a guy I know from another forum, is sending me a pack of lemon g x old mother ghani. And pineapple hashplant. Both unreleased from bodhi. To top that my buddy made some dos-i-do x (dos-i-do x cherry pie) f2s that are coming my way

Getting ready for the camping trip. I went to the bass pro shop and got the kids new fishing poles.

Great luck brother :party:Some got It and Some Aint.

On the fishing scene have you used fishbite baits. They use a lot of it down south now. For seawater it comes in acloth square, you just cut a stamp size piece and hook it the smell is released in the water. Flounder loved it, you get different colors too. I got some crappy bites for fresh water, little pea size balls stay on hook a long time. Looks weird but is clean and works well. I don't know what you will fish for but look at it for convenience with the kids and yourself. :tiphat::tiphat:

packerfan79

Veteran
Great luck brother :party:Some got It and Some Aint.

On the fishing scene have you used fishbite baits. They use a lot of it down south now. For seawater it comes in acloth square, you just cut a stamp size piece and hook it the smell is released in the water. Flounder loved it, you get different colors too. I got some crappy bites for fresh water, little pea size balls stay on hook a long time. Looks weird but is clean and works well. I don't know what you will fish for but look at it for convenience with the kids and yourself. :tiphat::tiphat:

Hey Rodehazard, I will have to look into those fishbites. We are mainly fishing for trout, bluegill, large and small mouth bass. I am looking for trout manly, I do love me some stripped bass, good eating. I used to hit up the aquaduct, they have some massive stripper and Cat fish. I am not much for eating catfish, kinda taste like the lake. It's ok fried but that's it.