Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Oregon > Maximising the rec legal 4 plant limit

Thread Title Search
Click to visit The Vault Cannabis Seed Store
Maximising the rec legal 4 plant limit Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 PM #1
Cabinet Ninja

Cabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really niceCabinet Ninja is just really nice
Maximising the rec legal 4 plant limit

How's it going, fellow Oregonian?

I'm currently running my rec 4 plant set up in a 4x4 tent with a 600w closed hood. Coco+Blumats+Lucas formula. I'm fairly satisfied with how smoothly things go and how hands off everything is, but the veg+bloom times only really gives me 3 crops per year.

I'm trying to maximise the 4 plant limit, but also up my total harvests. What would be the best way to go about this?

I'm thinking about switching to a 2x4 tent with 2x 300w LED units. Flower 2 plants at a time perpetually, 35 days apart and have a seperate veg tent. Basically, every 35 days I'd harvest 1 plant, move 1 plant from veg into the flo chamber and also get some clones ready.

Amy I missing a trick? Is there a better/easier way to achieve what I'm after? I'm still planning on sticking with Coco+Blumats due to the hands-off nature of the set up.

Outdoor isnt an option, as out back yard isn't fenced in.

Many thanks!
Cabinet Ninja is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:31 AM #2
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud ofPDX Dopesmoker has much to be proud of
I bet you could still save yourself a few hundred in electricity over the summer vegging outdoors. Never heard of rippers coming for veg plants.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:47 PM #3
Hempstress

Hempstress is on a distinguished road
Oregon law says that outdoor grows must be fenced. I would suggest though that you consider building a fenced in area next summer. Well maintained outdoor plants can yield 1 to 2 lbs each.

There are several ways that you could increase your yield indoors. Running seperate veg and flowering tents is one way to do that. It can be hard to get the timing down for a perpetual harvest system though. It will take you some time to get in the swing of it, so don't be disappointed or get discouraged if it is not smooth at first. I would also suggest vegging for more than 35 days. I like to let my vegging plants go at least 6-8 weeks before they are put into flowering. As you will only have 2 plants flowering at a time, you can veg longer to get them bigger. Increasing your light in your flowering tent would also increase your yield. I run a 1000W in a 4 x 4 tent and don't think it is overkill in the slightest.
Hempstress is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2017, 06:34 PM #4
CosmicCharlie

CosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of lightCosmicCharlie is a glorious beacon of light
You can start the perpetual any time you like and set up the harvesting times however you want. Although with only 4 flowering plants you are kind of limited.

As an example start a clone every month. Have veg times equal to flowering times so say 8-10 weeks. This will give you bigger plants with more yield and you can harvest one every month.

The 4 plant limit sucks but just have each clone be a different kind for variety sake and each plant should yield enough to last you for a bit.
CosmicCharlie is offline Quote

Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Perpetual + sourcing outside clones == recipe for disaster or poison. When (not if) you get an outbreak of something from a clone, you'll either have to tear out everything infected (usually means dumping everything in the perpetual flower) OR use some kind of organic or inorganic poisons.

4 plant limit is definitely a limit. Any way you could work your way up to 4 cabs, one cab for each plant? Hepa filtered intakes and outtakes (made from furnace filters) will keep infections/pollen separated.

Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 11-20-2017, 01:19 AM #6
mushroombrew

mushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud ofmushroombrew has much to be proud of
2 cabs or tents/rooms with 2 plants in each. Scrog both.

Flower one.

When you harvest you flip the other room. Take clones. 2 weeks in cloner and 6-8 weeks veg depending on your flower time in other room. Flip flop two rooms. As big as you can fit/afford. The right strain will fill any space.

So you will have 5-6 harvests per year depending on strain.

Outside clones will bring trouble. I have yet to get a clean clone in OR. It's terrible. I quarantine everything.
mushroombrew is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.