What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

YUKONS Cabinet (w/ pics)

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
NOKUY said:
its gonna be on the outside ...pretty much just like "mtn. johns"...thats how the fan would exhaust now....just w/out the scrubber

Ok, I'm caught up now :D

NOKUY

Veteran
Thanks "gantz" I hope this one will kick out some nice yields w/ the additional 150. and a little extra height.

I guess while were here I'll show a cpl pics of my nifty new cloner.

The foam plugs are made from foam pipe wrap from HD (get the ones that are solid w/out any adhesive on them) they fit perfect in the 7/8" holes.

the airstones sucked and got chucked

Haggis123

Very nice, you certainly put a lot of thought and effort into it.
I am sure it will reward you grandly for it, though. :joint:

G

hell yeah man! :) thats an awesome looking setup. cant wait to see you flower in it!

G

lol yukon!
i was just messing with ya on the metric part!
hopefully it helps somebody out.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice setup, Yukon! Thanks for going through the step-by-step with us! Can you explain what a light-trap is for on the bottom of the cab? Wouldn't those holes leak odors?

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks "haggis", "H&L", and "pipeline" :wave:

pipeline the light traps on the floor are to let more fresh air INTO the cab. and block light in/out....thats why they have all the elbows put together. (I didnt know if I out toomany in so I bought some caps in case I had to close any off)

But with the fan running there is negative pressure in the cab so it's pulling cool fresh air in from under the cab. and not letting any out except by the fans exhaust which will be going into a carbon scrubber when I finish it. If the fan wasnt running then yeah odor could escape.

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
Nice looking cab you got there! I like how you did the light traps for the floor, been looking for a solution to that issue myself. Thanks for sharing!

Spaced...

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks "spacedcwby" :wave:

I wasnt totally sure if all the extra light traps were gonna work or if it would be too much...so I made them so I could close them off if need be. But they draw in air really well...much better than I expected.

G

looking great yukon! thats a really clean build. this could be a tutorial or something

H

HighonthePrize

looks awesome dude. what are you using since you threw out the air stones? what are you using now? i was looking at the longer ones at wally world last night. i'm building a bubble cloner myself. they also had a "bubble curtain". not sure which would be better.

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks for stopin' by guys :wave: I should have my carbon scrubber done in a few days, and the locks and hardware too...so I'll post some pics when thats done.

HighonthePrize said:
looks awesome dude. what are you using since you threw out the air stones? what are you using now? i was looking at the longer ones at wally world last night. i'm building a bubble cloner myself. they also had a "bubble curtain". not sure which would be better.

I was just using the little plastic T connectors w/ nothing else...then I found 2 of the 10 airstones I bought worked really well so I have them on there now

Last edited:

beaner

Fantastic job on your cab, I am in the final stages of mine wrestling with the vent setup. I didn't see it mentioned, but do you plan to paint the outside of the box or leave it raw?

Breezy420

Thats really damn cool man! I wish I was handy, my grow room would be so much nicer looking if I was able with a hammer and nail, but I'm an idiot when it comes to building anything. It looks really nice man, im sure you'll get alot of use out of it!

NOKUY

Veteran
thanks "breezy420" :wave: Its really not too hard to build something like this. especially if you break it down into lots of small steps. It's a pain in the ass if you try to rush things and do too much at once.

beaner said:
Fantastic job on your cab, I am in the final stages of mine wrestling with the vent setup. I didn't see it mentioned, but do you plan to paint the outside of the box or leave it raw?

thanks "beaner" :wave:

I did finish the outside of the cab...I stained it w/ a light "honeynut" stain/sealer. Mainly for protection more than beauty.

Pine doesn't look real good w/ a dark stain IMO and paint can look a bit junky, so thats why I kept it kind of simple. heres pics of before and after stain.

before stain

after stain

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I agree with ya about the paint and the way pine stains.

The only thing I've found that makes pine look good stained is to put a coat of orange shellac over top of the stain. Gives it a much richer, almost antique look.