What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

justiceman

Veteran

Thanks for stopping in! I hope you enjoy it.

-------------------------------------------------------

The ladies are in full form enjoying the sun. It’s been pretty hot but they don’t seem to mind one bit. Still considering whether I want to cage them for support or not. We shall see. The winds have been consistent. Not too strong but not weak either so they are definitely building some strong stalks as a result.

Afgooey
This one seems to be the most compact of the 4 strains so far. It also has the widest leaves, and it is 2nd to last in developing quality side branching.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum#2
So far I'm enjoying the structure on this one. It's not too compact nor too stretchy and looks to be #1 in developing quality side branching
picture.php

Farm Cheese
I've seen the most vigor from this one. It is the tallest with by far the most space in between internodes. Dead last in developing quality side branching lmao
picture.php

Outlaw
Supposedly high in sativa. I look forward to seeing how this one turns out. It has a similar structure to the BB#2 but the leaves seem to be slightly wider. #2 in developing quality side branches
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Right on for stopping in!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sup everyone! As always I hope the day is treating you well. Summer is one of my favorite times as I really enjoy the hot days and warm nights. Just like cannabis I'm not too keen on cold weather haha.

Everything is running smoothly and growth rates rising for sure. I'm planning to top them and lay down a couple soaker hoses soon. Still considering whether I'm going to tomato cage them or not. Definitely need to decide that soon as well. All in all I am very pleased with how things are developing so far.

Afgooey
I mentioned after the transplant that one leaf had slight tip burn. Well that was the end of that because I have not seen anything else and she is doing just fine. Very compact so far.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Really enjoying the growth rate and branching on this little lady! Such a good structure on this one.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is growing with great speed. Thickest stems, and biggest leaves. Also the biggest internode distance. I'm interested to see how this one fills out during the flower set.
picture.php

Outlaw
This one is starting to take off as well. Not quite as dense as the BB#2 but somewhat similar in growth structure. Seems to not be quite as vigorous at this time, but we shall see.
picture.php

noknees

Everything is running smoothly and growth rates rising for sure. I'm planning to top them and lay down a couple soaker hoses soon. Still considering whether I'm going to tomato cage them or not. Definitely need to decide that soon as well. All in all I am very pleased with how things are developing so far.

lookin good :watchplant:

justiceman

Veteran
lookin good
Much appreciated!

I'm really digging that Afgooey.

Right on. Ya the afgooey is very compact so far with fat blades. I'm glad I have a few more seeds. Depending on how it turns out I'd like to do an indoor run of it.

-----------------------------------------------------

So I was messing around and decided to take a few night shots of some tops/fans. Hope everyone is enjoying this. I'm gonna get toasty and get to bed soon. Can't wait to see how flower set goes for these ladies. I'm having a lot of fun on this journey :biggrin:

Afgooey
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Definitely subbed for this. Looking very good.

Right on and thank you! I hope you like the ride.

-----------------------------------------------

Greetings everyone. Hope the day is treating you well.

Alright I finally got around to caging them up. Even if I end up not needing the cages better safe than sorry. In the past I have gotten winds sometimes that have blown branches over onto the ground and these cages have saved me headaches. Everyone is starting to get decent branching going on so I think I will top at least the Farm Cheese in the next few days and the others following depending on how their structures turn out. Soon I will also grab a couple short soaker hoses, and a watering timer. I'd also like to give these ladies a few compost teas throughout the season to make sure those nutrients keep getting cycled. Found my 60l/min water pump so I just need to go get some more EWC or another quality compost, and dig out a good bucket to brew in.

Fam Shot
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
picture.php

Last edited:

LungCooking

They look beautiful man! Great job! i was hoping to see more Sativa from your outlaw, they look very strong, healthy stems, lushy green!:clover:

Today was day of AACT feeding here. hehe

Here on my side i had few days of very cold nights and my plants turned purple :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
They look beautiful man! Great job! i was hoping to see more Sativa from your outlaw, they look very strong, healthy stems, lushy green!:clover:

Today was day of AACT feeding here. hehe

Here on my side i had few days of very cold nights and my plants turned purple :biggrin:

View Image

View Image

View Image

Cheers! looking good on your side there :biggrin:. Yes I too was hoping the Outlaw would show some more sativa growth characteristics. After all I'm outside so I thought why not since the sky is the limit.

Maybe the smoke will tell a different story but so far it's growth seems like the average hybrid. The Farm Cheese on the other hand is growing much faster than everything else. It's at least 1/3rd larger which is very interesting.

justiceman

Veteran
What's up everyone:tiphat:

Here's a little midweek update on the ladies. They are doing well and everything is running smoothly. Not many pests to speak of so far so that's nice. Still need to go pick up some soaker hose but not in a rush to do so. I'm very happy to see they are loving the amendments I added this season.

Afgooey
The shortest of the 4. This one is by far the most compact with nice wide leaves. Definitely showing extreme indica characteristics as it should.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2

Although fairly short I'm loving how thick and bushy this one is getting.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is growing crazy fast compared to the rest. Up up and away we go. It's already above the 3rd ring on the cage.
picture.php

Outlaw
Probably the 2nd tallest. Still not seeing massive amount of sativa characteristics from this. Seems like the average hybrid, but it's still small so I suppose time will tell, and so will the smoke.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
lookin good for sure

Right on for the props from both of you :tiphat:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Things are running pretty smooth here and everything is lush and green so far. It's been in the high 80's low 90's for quite some time but they seem to be enjoying it. The winds have died down a bit too so it's more calm for now.

Afgooey
This one is staying so short I thought it was stunted for a little while, but I think this is just her genetic expression. She's growing well and fast but all the secondary branches are staying very close together. Extremely compact plant. Would probably be awesome for SOG from what I can tell so far.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one is middle of the road and might be one of my favorite structures at this time. It's not super tall and lanky nor is it too short. It seems to produce good side branching that actually spreads out unlike the Afgooey so far. Probably a good candidate to top and train into a bush for indoors.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is BY FAR the most vigorous of the group. She's always been tall and fast in growth compared to the others, and is still showing that characteristic. It's much taller and the stems are much thicker than the others. Finally getting some really nice side branching going on but it's not a bush either. The size comparison of this Farm Cheese to the rest is almost baffling. What caused her to explode? Genetics or preferred growing conditions? You tell me hahaha. Everything has been the same nothing but plain tap water from the start.
picture.php

Outlaw
This is the second tallest and as all the plants get bigger this one is keeping skinnier leaves which is a nice sign(looking for more sativa in this one). Like the BB#2 this seems to have some good lower side branching that would allow it to turn into a nice bush if topped. Overall I'm very happy with how things are turning out.
picture.php

Last edited:

justiceman

Veteran
Again, looking awesome!
Right on!
That's what they do all day in the sun.
Yea! They look awesome!

Are you taking clones from those?
Thanks! I thought about taking clones, but I'm not much of a mother keeper because my runs tend to be so small. I do have more seed from all but the Blueberry Bubblegum #2 though.

looking nice and healthy JM!
Much appreciated Goats!

-----------------------------------------------

Just woke up to take a few pictures before watering and the plants are just hanging out enjoying the rays of sun. I think they may start flowering soon. We'll see. Since I have a few extra inches or so of space in my raised beds my plan is to lay down a fresh layer of a high quality local compost/soil mix soon. I'll lay some down right before I install the soaker hoses. The compost/soil mix should help to provide any extra nutrition that might be needed as well as a second wave of microbiology to keep the soil web strong and diverse. It will also act as a mulch as provide some needed water retention in these hot times.

I've noticed minor thrip damage on the bottoms of a couple plants. Not much to worry about now but as a preventative I should probably get it together and do a spray with a neem/dawn soap mix. A super solid natural protector. Neem has always done wonders for me outdoors.

Afgooey
She's slow like a high percentage indica would be but she is a very pretty plant. I love afgooey but I'm not well versed on identifying if it is true or not just by looking at the structure. So far it's showing a lot of indica traits which is a good sign. I hope it's real because I absolutely love smoking afgooey and it's been too long since I have. She's short compact, and is not much of a bushy type of grower. I've said it before but probably awesome for SOG.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
I was not sure what to expect from this one. It's a freebie I popped so I could even up the plant count. So far she has been looking great. This one is more of a compact bush type of structure. Not really sure what to expect from the smoke but I like surprises.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is just ridiculous. I'm still baffled by how much larger this plant is than the others when all conditions have been the same for them from the start. Different strain different growth for sure, just did not expect such a vast difference. Everything about it is bigger from stem width to fan leaf size. I hope that the flowers do the same hehehe. It's tall and somewhat lanky but seems to be filling out well. Not much of a bushy shaping to it. Really looking forward to seeing how this thing looks with flowers.
picture.php

Outlaw
The structure on this one is somewhere between the Farm Cheese and BB #2. It's not quite a compact bush nor is it just tall and lanky. She's started to speed up and is on her way to catching up with Farm Cheese. haha ya right.... Really hoping this one gives me some nice hazy type of flowers, but not really sure what to expect from this one either. It's gonna be a fun ride.
picture.php