What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Party Cup Challenge 2018 Spring - Summer

DjKinetics

update

Have moved him/her just for photo purposes. I will need to stake it up straight, im thinking that the roots arent very deep, the bio degradable cup i started in was probably not such a good idea oh well we grow and we learn.

picture.php

burmese

hi, and thanks to,, evergreenstate,,,this plant 0,2 liter pot, 20-50g depends on pheno, flowering 8-16 weeks, tested these with 220w cfl min. 0,5GPW, only problem is large of plant

anyway for grows like this i use half white micro sand/half black earth ,and hardly pushed to cup and sometimes end up with roots in cup so hard like beton //cement concrete//

Last edited:

EvergreenState

hi, and thanks to,, evergreenstate,,,this plant 0,2 liter pot, 20-50g depends on pheno, flowering 8-16 weeks, tested these with 220w cfl min. 0,5GPW, only problem is large of plant

anyway for grows like this i use half white micro sand/half black earth ,and hardly pushed to cup and sometimes end up with roots in cup so hard like beton //cement concrete//

You are doing a great job. Half sand and half black dirt, under cfls and getting 20-50 grams each, that's excellent under those conditions in a small pot.
Do you use any fertilizers? Appears to be a sativa plant. What is the high like? Is that a local strain?
Congrats on the grow. Nice job.

EvergreenState

Go Iceland! Smallest country to ever make it to the World Cup.
Oh shit! No. 8 for Iceland. You had an open shot right in front of the goal. How could you miss that?:wallbash:
Ok sorry. No more World Cup posts here. I got excited. I love a big underdog story.

burmese

to evergreenstate,,,
only my cross, only wanted to show you what can be from some landraces,

Dont grow from clones so every plant is more like its own story, growed only two plants from this cross in these party cups, anyway full spectrum warm sativa high with medical body element, smoke much and end up like drink alcohol along with smoke,,,
fertilizers: always only nettle tea, coffee and some bio commercial guano, good luck and thanks

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Y[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Last edited:

EvergreenState

to evergreenstate,,,
only my cross, only wanted to show you what can be from some landraces,

Dont grow from clones so every plant is more like its own story, growed only two plants from this cross in these party cups, anyway full spectrum warm sativa high with medical body element, smoke much and end up like drink alcohol along with smoke,,,
fertilizers: always only nettle tea, coffee and some bio commercial guano, good luck and thanks

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Y[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
I love straight forward and natural methods of growing.
Sorry to bug you with so many questions but I'm intrigued and I want to learn.
So the black soil is that topsoil you buy or just dig up?
Is the nettle tea, guano and coffee mixed up into one solution? How much nettle tea, how much coffee and how much guano? Do you feed at every watering?

burmese

to,, evergreenstate,,
here in Slovakia is good earth almost everywhere outdoors, but you risk insects so you buy commercial earth but almost every commercial earth you buy here is fake as hell, you cannot even grow other type of plants with those fake and bad earths. You know it you buy ,,good earth,, and nothing grows good.

Only good earth i buy here is some small dark bonsai earth 1 liter for 2euros and i have a chance that 80percent of strains will be growing good and normal.
for nettle and coffee i use minimal double concetration like people use to drink, also use em as normal water for plants but max 2-3 days in a row, max 2x month /by moon mostly//
guano classic commercial granules go to water at concentration to n ot burn plant and use end of vegetation up to middle flowering //again use as normal water 2max3days in a row and max 2xmonth//
nettle use max to half flowering, coffee and guano can be added week later max.
Best is rotate these 3 fertilizers every 7+3days so say10 days cycle for next fertilizer
forgot to add never fertilize plant younger than 2 weeks

Last edited:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Love these plants. :woohoo:What kind of medium in the cup and what nutrients are you using? Are those t5 bulbs?

Coco hempy with DE in the bottom of the cups.

GH nutes, 6/9, plus epsom, pH down, sm90, and proTect.

I would also dip my balls on them if it would help, lol.

Lamps are PL-L, just like t5, but 4 pin socket and
just under 22" in length, 55w each.

2700k in flower, 4500k in veg.

EvergreenState

to,, evergreenstate,,
here in Slovakia is good earth almost everywhere outdoors, but you risk insects so you buy commercial earth but almost every commercial earth you buy here is fake as hell, you cannot even grow other type of plants with those fake and bad earths. You know it you buy ,,good earth,, and nothing grows good.

Only good earth i buy here is some small dark bonsai earth 1 liter for 2euros and i have a chance that 80percent of strains will be growing good and normal.
for nettle and coffee i use minimal double concetration like people use to drink, also use em as normal water for plants but max 2-3 days in a row, max 2x month /by moon mostly//
guano classic commercial granules go to water at concentration to n ot burn plant and use end of vegetation up to middle flowering //again use as normal water 2max3days in a row and max 2xmonth//
nettle use max to half flowering, coffee and guano can be added week later max.
Best is rotate these 3 fertilizers every 7+3days so say10 days cycle for next fertilizer
forgot to add never fertilize plant younger than 2 weeks
Thank You Burmese for the nicely detailed and educational reply. I admire your gardening skills, knowledge and your resourcefulness. You obviously understand your plants and how to take care of them. Great job.:tiphat:

EvergreenState

Coco hempy with DE in the bottom of the cups.

GH nutes, 6/9, plus epsom, pH down, sm90, and proTect.

I would also dip my balls on them if it would help, lol.

Lamps are PL-L, just like t5, but 4 pin socket and
just under 22" in length, 55w each.

2700k in flower, 4500k in veg.

Thanks Dropped Cat for all of the info. Do you use the SM90 throughout the entire grow as a preventive measure and do you foliar spray it? I've never used it so I really don't know much about it. It's an insecticide right?

burmese

thanks evergreenstate, i will do a detailed grow show for you on party cup section with four landraces crosses, but at beginning of winter //need new light//, good luck man and party cuppers.

EvergreenState

Fattening up nicely. Trichs comin' on. Feel bad about nute burn but it's new nutes for me and I'm learning how to use them. I wasn't sure if reducing the recommended amounts of nutes would affect their ability to stabilize the ph. Hopefully by reducing them, now at 1/3rd strength, won't affect the ph too much.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

EvergreenState

I'm guessing the short pheno is NL#5 leaning and the tall one is more Bubble leaning. Would that be right?
Also does anyone know if BOG uses the start of 12/12 for the start of flowering time or when pistils show?
Since this was not a mature plant when I switched to 12/12, I was using the show of pistils as the start of flowering. Would that be the right perspective to take? Normally I would use my microscope and look at the trichs but since I don't have that with me, I was going to use BOG'S flowering times as a guide.