What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How I got roots in 6 days.

lastmob

So you guys are saying keep RH above 80%... Does it slow the process down if RH is too high all the time like 95%+? If dome is used, how often should it the lid be removed for new air to come in?

Thanks for the tips

Budley Doright

Veteran
Here is what my experience says.... others may say something different...

When the cutting is first taken.... great care should be taken to make sure the cutting does not wilt.... often after a day or two the cutting has adapted to less moisture....the stem allows more water in.... at that time I often leave the cutting to open air.... watch the clones carefully....if they begin to wilt they should again be put into high humidity.....if on the other hand the clones are not wilting....I dont believe they benefit from high humidity....

Im certain that other folks will disagree to some extent....

I believe its worth noting that at first the plants stem doesnt need to allow max water from the mom...... the stem regulates the amount.....after about 24 hours the stem has opened to allow more water in....

This explains why cutting will often want to wilt immediately after being cut..... but will be ok after a day or two....and can survive in open air.....

If the cuttings are larger..... humidity control may be required until they root..... IOW the clone is losing more in leaf transpiration than the stem can take up....