What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New 8KW stealth Coco chip grow!

U

unta

Very nice and clean man. Very well setup. I'll be checking on this for sure! Good luck.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Nice room man tagged....! just a ebb N flo in smart pots w/ coco chips.... very interesting....

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Nice room man tagged....! just a ebb N flo in smart pots w/ coco chips.... very interesting....

Yep, almost ridiculous in its simplicity and lack of needed maintenance. So far it's the easiest grow I've ever done, and it's 4 times the size of anything I've done prior. More pics tonight...

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
knock knock...........move up guys, ive got my own chair :lurk: (popcorn any1)
nice setup bro i love checking out these kinda grows K+

keep it green
highlander

M

micro gro

Very nice write-up!

Inspections 6 months sucks; much respect for adapting to your situation and making it happen regardless.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks all, you guys are great! I had an incident two nights back, one of my buddies came by and nudged my garage door with his bumper, knocking one of my (admittedly hurriedly-built) tables flat, and it was full of nutes at the time! What a mess. One 4X4 tray cracked and one table had to be rebuilt, 24 hours later all is back to normal.

Build your flood tables with lots of braces! I was in a rush when I built these and had no braces on the 2X4 legs, one bump and it did a Superman onto the floor! Only lost one plant in the ordeal though, and one broken branch.

My biggest Sage n Sour plant grew balls! I gotta give my clone supplier a hard time now. lol More pics shortly, I took pics of the root balls on the 3 week old plants so you can all see the roots plants grow in these chips too. Back later...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Ok, new pics!
Sage and Sour roots in coco chips at 4 weeks of age (total.) This was a male I had to chop:

6 of the 8 lights running now, temps still hovering at 72* with them on, with NO A/C running, just the 12" exhaust fans on the Phason! Gotta love the cool nights here in NorCal.

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
hey lazy wondering how many times you flood a day... and if you think that it would change for a shreddedcoco/chunckyperlite/cocochip grow.... First coco grow coming up and was wondering if i could ebb and flo it instead of hand waterign.....

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
At the moment I'm only flooding half the tables 5 times a week, the others 3 times a week. When I watered every day they all looked waterlogged, now they've perked up quite a bit. It's been hot lately so I've been keeping an eye on em, but so far this schedule works well. As they get larger I'll increase the frquency, but I can already HEARTILY recommend the E&F trays and chips! No hand watering and TONS of time saved. Literally, I'm only in the garden for about an hour a week.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Air intake is currently just sucking through an bunch of leaks, essentially. Keeps the room at negative pressure but I think I need more intake (it hit like 86 here yesterday, at least the inside air wasn't hotter than that but it was still 86) Unfortunately the only place I can put an intake vent is pretty close to a high-traffic area, haven't decided on doing it just yet. I was looking at some motorized shutters (that I could open and close with a temp control) but I think it would let a lot of bugs in. I have an extra 10" Vortex I could use and put a hepa filter on, but I was trying to avoid chopping up the building, so far I've caused practically no damage to it and a big hole would be noticeable if anyone looked. Any ideas?

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
yea what i do if your taking intake from the outside (great for winter and cold nights) for free a/c is put a small hole in the side.. if you have vinyl siding you can buy these things that are vinyl and same color as your house/barn... anywho they are made to be a dryer vent.... so it looks pretty normal just instead of blowing out youll be sucking in with a inline fan or a squirrel cage.... Make sure you have some kind of material between the duct and your room to make sure bugs cant get in... i use same material thats wrapped on the outside of carbon filters.....

thats how i did mine at least....

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks PoopyTeaBags, any idea what size I should use for a passive intake for 2X12": Vortex (vortices? Vortexes?) I'm thinking it would have to be pretty big, I was looking at some 12" and 18" square motorized aluminum shutters perhaps. WOuld the 10" vortex, set up as an intake fan suffice? Or would it be a restriction?

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
so your gonna have it like a window and everytime you want to bring air in your gonna have a motor opening the shutters and the the fan kicks on? Is that what you are saying?

as or the size like you said if you got 2 fans sucking out then your sucking through cracks and shit so you already have negative pressure.... by opening up a window and adding another in inline fan your now gonna be suckin through cracks and the new open window and having a 10 vortex blowing in cold air... I bet it cools down in ten minutes... lol

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Well, since noise on the side where I'd put the vent WOULD be a problem, I'm thinking I can actually hide a 12 or 18 inch motorized shutter behind my woodpile (stacked next to my building) and screen/filter the air. So it only opens when it gets hot (plugged into the AIR4) and closes at night when it cools down and the lights come on. I don't know if it can flow 2200CFM's but it's gotta be a damn sight better than all my little leaks and cracks. Basically I have to cut a big square hole in the side of the building though, which is the only thing that gives me pause. I thought about putting in a turbine extractor on the roof, but figured that my fans would be sucking hot air IN through it! lol

PoopyTeaBags

Veteran
Hey lazy if you filled them trays how many would you have 49? 7x7? or 36, 6x6? thanks for the help

Latest posts

Latest posts