What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Train wreck

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
Hey Texas ,

I found out that the TW i had came from BillyGoats.. but dont know why it went hermie... go figure... just wanted to let you know.. HE

kilacaLIbud

san diego?

san diego?

u say train wreck was started in san diego?? thats awesome...thats where i live and i recently got some train wreck but it wasnt a pure train ..its was called guWreck i think it was crossed with a guru.but it was very good..and imma have to find out who origanted it..i know many Cgrowers and not many have raved about the trainwreck...there only place i ever get it is my friend that lives on the beach,...imma have to try some train wreck..

demeegod

You know any people in northern california? Most med clubs have them there every couple of months. I can get them but I RARELY drive up.

demeegod said:
You know any people in northern california? Most med clubs have them there every couple of months. I can get them but I RARELY drive up.
i wish i did...maybe someone would be kind enough to help me out?? :D

ronielee49

I'm knee deep in Meduser.CA Woodhorse Herijuana X TrainWReck and I must say it is one hell of a nice plant,I got 6 ladies from 6 seeds,gave the other 4 seeds away to friends :) and now my 5 plants,two of witch are in 10 gallon pots and 2 in 15 gallon pots and one in a 3 gallon pot,are all over three feet tall and just going into flower,they are monsters and I am so happy with them so far,now the sixth one took the phenom from the trainwreck and I thought it was a male because of its growth spurt and tall skinny structure,so I put it into bloom much faster then its sisters and lo and behold its a true train wreck,almost no leaves,small cylaxs and rock hard and no side growth at all,straight up and buds at each node and how in the hell do you get a clone from that?????any way I will let you all have a smoke report on it when it gets cut in about 2 weeks :canabis:
Medron :wave:

Robhpx13

hey tex I agree with the cannabible being worth while to own, I just wish jason could get his purps labeled right. also The wreck that I grew was definitley sativa based with afgahni like balls on the yellow buds, I grew a purps hybrid of trainwreck, but I wouldnt go as far calling it one of my top 5 strains Ive had in the garden. the smell is definitley strong, but makes this strain totally overated if it in consideration for a top 3 nod, the Hi just does not match it. awesome for breeding traits though.

G

just wanted to tell you guys my trainwreck s-1 s preflowered at 3 months.
there goes the 7 month veg time bullshit.

Robhpx13

hey jojo who the said anything about 7 months, was that an outdoor rumor? I just picked up 3 IP packs holidy special, Im waiting for more, I have to sell a one to a buddy. trainwrecks the shit! Im lovin that old afgahni kush indica pheno that has purple tints in it.

G

"
TW is basically a Thai low land sativa that got into the mix up here back in the early 80’s. Out doors it’s a huge “weeper creeper” that takes up TONS of space and takes 9 months to come in. It’s original parents were brought back from Thailand by some vagabond-os wanting to reproduce Thai-stick phenotype. For how the plant looks when grown FROM SEED – or just left to grow – see Clark’s MB pg. 177 “Creeper phenotype” The main problem with the ‘elusive’ TW seeds – is they really aren’t that elusive – its just that the strain (originally – real deal) uses the pair of genes that are “length of time from germination” sensitive. These run the veg time out for almost a full 9 months. Once these genes are ‘satisfied’ then TW blooms really fast (42 days done). In fact if left longer – it tends to just “blow out” and never makes tight again.

"

http://www.overgrow.com/strainguide/3rd_Floor_-_Oakland/Trainwreck/721/#g721

G

from the man beserker.........

from the man beserker.........

.........heres a blurb that should clear up any misinfo on the make up of wreck, and what to expect as far as taste and smell. this is a post i archived from over on OG.

hieagle, your TW is BGs cut, and I beleive the same as Tex. you can follow Fuaryones grow as its the same plant. i havent flowered it. have another TW cut just now rootin up from a source i know is the real deal. i never had any background on BGs other than his word. the wreck I have rootin up does not look simular to the one from BG. then again it has to get goin and acclimate to my OP.

heres the goods from beserker over on OG.

Dear Jay (et al)

a.) it was NOT row e-32 it was thirty second rotation - sub type "E" = e-32

b.) that cross was "Mostly" LowLand Thai x Mexican Sativa (dirty mex brick weed) ... that some how (stuipd new-be) got into the mix ... and X with standered Indca dom strain of the late 70's early 80's era that was (and is) the staple of out door in much of the P.NW then and now.

c.) the plant NEVER really seemed to come in - did NOT purple even when it was left in (for what seemed for ever) - it DID get a light BLUSH of mauve!

d.) when we did finally cut it (in the sleating rains of a late year = not even worth going back for was the argument - short hike but like why bother for that huge creeper like THING that didn't have any bud on it last time we looked) -- well we ended up going down the hill - and found SOME AIR BUD on it - long fethery branchs. + had seeded a bottom branch PER: SOP of anything "weird' - or GREAT!

e.) then once we got it up and dryed the damn thing - and 'tested it' = WOW .. end of story ..

f.) e-32 (what is now called TW) became ledgen - in 82 there was NOTHING comprable.

g.) ... so that's that -- the seeds were pretty much stable from that X - and over the years we weeded out <pun> the Borad laef tendencys ...

--- yeild IS low = its comes in consistantly
w/o Co2 at about 80% of a LB per 1000y
w/ Co2 at about 110-120% of a LB per 1000y

out doors well how big are the plants (chuckle) BUT it tends to hold CLOSE to the 21.3 grams per Sq Ft vs. the 31.95 to 46.2 grams per Sq Ft in full sun of any of the broad leaf phynotypes.

and color = yup its GREY NOT GREEN! because of the krystals - which are ALL OVER THE PLANT from bottom of the stem to the tippy tops!

you know its wreck if:

Every time you look at it you wonder if its got MITES - and when you look closer you see its JUST the grey of the KRYSTAL looking like mite webs!

your arm hairs are sticky and you don't remember touching anything in the room ...

it SMELLS of MINT - or menthol ...

the TINY buds at the base of the stem are KRYSTALLY TOO -- just like the tops - and when they are dry they are total KRYSTAL = snow white ... and you find your self going "wow this is better looking then the tops!"

if your checking the SIZE of your ONE hit - not how MANY hits you can take before total couch lock ...

Then - that's the wreck!

yours,
b

FoxxyDoe

The post above sliped in while I was writing mine, the old school heads up here say tw is a sativa/thai only. I am unaware of there being indica in tw and the clone i have doesnt show any indica traits at all. Alot of what Dr.jay said sounds about right cept i get higher yields than indicated above. It outyielded 5 other strains I grew along side it. Wich were Big bud/NL cross, bubbleberry, skywalker, romulan, original g13.

Over all it makes a great indoor or outdoor plant i have grown it in both. I live in humboldt county and have the original tw clone, and also have grown some from med clubs that were supossed tw. The original one I have does not hermie, finishes in 45-56 days, and its yield is on the high side(for me). The ones I have got from the clubs have often had indica in them i could see, indicating that its a cross, or have been a low grade version of the real tw. The clubs have a nack for hading out mislabel'd and funktafied clones dont be surprized when they hermie or show odd traits uncharacteristic of the real clone.

and yes... if you let it go to long it turns into fluff, gotta get it at just the right time. :wink:

Latest posts

Latest posts