What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MGT's Living Soil Bed Thread

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
A lot of hand work. Good luck.

thanks for stopping by, def a lot of hand and hard work, but this is a true water only soil mix, so just have to give straight water (ro water) from start to harvest.

going to pick my seeds to start tomorrow(later today) and will post everything new that happens, we are now caught up and I'm going to bed.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Shouldn't that cook a bit first? It'll get hot. :dunno:

Thanks for stopping by

This should not "have" to cook no. However, I will be starting seeds in solo cups with a dif mix, and will water this soil mix later today and will "cook" until until seedlings are rdy to go in, which will be weeks from now. They will also be in small tent under a t5 with led bulbs at first.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks for stopping by

This should not "have" to cook no. However, I will be starting seeds in solo cups with a dif mix, and will water this soil mix later today and will "cook" until until seedlings are rdy to go in, which will be weeks from now. They will also be in small tent under a t5 with led bulbs at first.

Got ya. I used to make this stuff and it takes 4 weeks before I can put anything in it.

[YOUTUBEIF]ju6TDrMJxWU[/YOUTUBEIF]

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
:lurk:

...that nailgun sure is fun...lol
looks like the camera is too...jk
it takes forever to upload all those images so ya getting rep fer that.
DF has been helpful is an understatement, and he should be flattered you've mirrored his build nicely.

? ...you can still use the guano tea etc.

G

Man thats a lot of work and potential for goodness. Id love to have room to do that type of thing. I would do that in a heartbeat and good luck!! What kind of beans ? Anything else going in ??

Great outdoors

That looks like a pretty hot mix to me.
Why did you separate the pieces of wood from the compost? Especially if you plan to use this soil long term no till, the wood pieces were only a good thing.
I would hit it with some compost tea right away to speed the cooking.
Your pH will be all over the place without time to cook as well..

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Got ya. I used to make this stuff and it takes 4 weeks before I can put anything in it.

yeah, should be okay but im still starting beans in a dif mix in solos, so this will still have some time to cook if it needs until the seedlings are ready to come out of solos. And I still have to pop them.

...that nailgun sure is fun...lol
looks like the camera is too...jk
it takes forever to upload all those images so ya getting rep fer that.
DF has been helpful is an understatement, and he should be flattered you've mirrored his build nicely.

? ...you can still use the guano tea etc.

yeah, first time using a nailgun so it was kinda fun haha. as for the camera/pics, yeah I wanted to document it, there def more that I didn't upload. and a lot turned sideways, so even opened them in photoshop to orientate them right haha. so thanks for that lmao

as far as the guano tea, im sure it wouldn't hurt, but I think I wanna see how this works out with just ro water, before I start changing things up. we shall see

Man thats a lot of work and potential for goodness. Id love to have room to do that type of thing. I would do that in a heartbeat and good luck!! What kind of beans ? Anything else going in ??

def a lot of work, but so was doing the teas all the time, this is just more work up front, and lots less the rest of the time. i dont have room either here, these are pretty small ass tents rly. will do larger beds under larger lights after this, just wanna get a feel for it first. Not sure on the beans, think I have it mostly sorted out.

That looks like a pretty hot mix to me.
Why did you separate the pieces of wood from the compost? Especially if you plan to use this soil long term no till, the wood pieces were only a good thing.
I would hit it with some compost tea right away to speed the cooking.
Your pH will be all over the place without time to cook as well..

there is def a lot of things in the mix, and i pulled out all the stuff that wasn't ready(most of it anyways, along with some other crap like fuzz and plastic, got the only compost i could get my hands on, and it def had to get sorted out.) I was thinking about doing a compost tea, but it should have enough time to do its things before the plants get moved it.

and to everyone else, thanks for stopping by. this should be a fun ride, roll a doobie or do some dabs, and lets watch this project roll out.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
This was my last batch.

picture.php

It was pretty good but it could have been hotter so I'll amend to fit MGT's recipe for next season.

I use this compost as the base and it's well cooked. I get a half load and give some away to friends.

https://spreadx.ca/organic-growers/compost/

[iframe1]js5GWS1E7j0[/iframe1]

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Well, after much debate, the seeds were picked for this run, going with 3 flavors, we have 4 Babu by CSI Humboldt, which a cross of Bubba Kush and Katsu, we have Magillas Choice by Cannarado, which is a cross of Platinum Cookies and Grape Pie, and finally we have OG Dubble which is also by Cannarado and is a cross of Sour Dubble and Legend OG

so, got them picked, and they are now in shot glasses of water for about 5 min now, hope to have them sprouted tomorrow and then they can go in some seedling potting mix, which I will get mixed tomorrow and share what the mix is.

Should be a fun run.

G

Excellent selections, and nice job on the tent beds and soil mixing. Can't wait to see what they can do!

Peace
DM

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
This was my last batch.

It was pretty good but it could have been hotter so I'll amend to fit MGT's recipe for next season.

I use this compost as the base and it's well cooked. I get a half load and give some away to friends.

thats a nice pile, yeah I only mixed about 120 gallons for this run. btw, not 'my' recipe, comes from a post of Dank Franks, I just did the math to make it work for how much I needed, I linked to his post in one of the first posts in this thread. Can't wait to see how it works for you next time, and yeah getting compost in bulk is the way to go, enough for you and friends lol.

Excellent selections, and nice job on the tent beds and soil mixing. Can't wait to see what they can do!

Peace
DM

Yeah, took me a minuted to select the choices, I still have some beans I have to run that were given to me as test seeds, I will be doing those after I test these soil beds. You know who you are, cant wait to get this going...

Got the lights hung up, be rocking 600w mh, then 600w hps for tent 1, and hgl xb300 for the other tent. However, the seedlings will start out in tent 3 under a small 2x2 t5 until they are ready to go in the beds. I will water the beds at the same time the seeds go into small cups after the sprout(later today?)

beds are filled with mix, lights are hung, seeds have sunk in the water...just have to get the ducting and fans hooked up, the lights wired up, hook up the ro filter and water the beds. Things are finally moving along.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:respect:

Can't wait to see the side by side between those to light setups. That's going to have me on the edge of my seat to be honest. The HGLEDs didn't grow bad meds when I used them. They'll have their own room here, soon enough.

Nice work, MGT.

dank.Frank

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
:respect:

Can't wait to see the side by side between those to light setups. That's going to have me on the edge of my seat to be honest. The HGLEDs didn't grow bad meds when I used them. They'll have their own room here, soon enough.

Nice work, MGT.

dank.Frank

Hell yeah man, be nice to see for sure, will have 2 of each strain in each tent, I know they not clones, and from seed, so there will be some variation anyways, but should still be nice to see the difference. Have the next two runs mostly planned out as well.

The stuff I vegged under the light did very well, I wish that run could have finished...but it will be continued soon.

Just waiting on these beans to pop a taproot out,and I'll mix up some dirt for the soon to be seedlings, got a fan hung and working on some ducting and wiring.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My personal cloning medium which makes roughly 1.5 cu ft:

5 gal peat
2.75 gal coir
.75 gal EWC
.75 gal composted cow manure
.5 gal chunky perlite
.5 gal vermiculite

Cloning Amendment Recipe: