What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

recommendation for portable vape...

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
can anyone recommend a portable unit that is under $300 canadian and preferably has a glass stem. i am very picky about that plastic taste some units produce. thanks in advance.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Saionara has good reviews. Kind of wandered off from vaping after becoming bored with pens. Nice for on the go though.

Fuckcombustion and reddit are good for information.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
much appreciated. do you have experience with a particular model? they seem to have a few different ones.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No sorry, likesay I wandered off from vaping. I keep a pen around but that's aboot it. For part time use. I went hard when I started and ordered bulk from HVE but within a week or two my throat was crispy.

The Sai sounded too much of a pain to clean with rosin and I'm too cheap to buy cleaner extracts. Overall it had high reviews and if I'd stuck with it a week longer I'd probably have one.

If you're on discord there's a lot of vape channels.

clearheaded

utilian 710 is a nice unit heats up fast and convection vape so has nice flavor and has concentrate pod. plus under 200 bucks pretty sure. convection is less important for concentrates although offers some dialing in for the first extra terp hit. ie slow draw. but difference in vape quality from convection from utilian and those wood box ones with a battery that are conduction vapes (and same as most vapes conduction) is light years apart. little bigger but good battery life.

airizer if I remember right the canadian vape company is always highly rated offers all glass and portable models. they also offer ability to change 18650 batteries which if you are a heavy smoker or want for a group may be a good option to have an extra large capacity battery on hand. easily avaialble online or nic vape stores.

J

jaded1

I really like the fierce vape,don't have to strain lungs to get big clouds from it.Most of the portables I've tried are lacking in comparison to a desktop vape but the fierce is pretty damn close.

RB56

Veteran
i must say i am leaning towards the arizer solo II but still undecided...
Solo II is my favorite. Only negative is no USB charging. Draw is significantly better than the original Solo and the digital display is nice. I use my Solo II every day. Airgo shares the same draw benefit and uses interchangeable batteries. It also has USB charging. I use my Airgo when traveling. It doesn't produce as much vapor as the Solo II but is still effective. Solo II is quite portable as well - just not pocket portable.

RB56

Veteran
I have an Air and haven't used it much. All three - Solo I/II, Argo and Air have removable glass stems. Air and Solo I/II use the same stems. Argo's are smaller. To me, the Air isn't enough smaller than the Solo I/II to make much difference. It has the improved draw of the Solo II and Argo, with about the same vapor output as the Argo. Also doesn't have USB charging. It does have user swapable batteries like the Argo.

Don't get me wrong. All 3 are good devices. If I had to choose one, it would be the Solo II. Max portability, Argo. Air is sort of in the middle.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a Storz&Bickel Mighty, but it's a bit chunky to keep in your pocket.
Their crafty is almost half the size, better for on the go and uses the same materials.
Top notch, same guys that make the Vulcano.

watts

ohms
Veteran
Can't go wrong with Arizer SOLO I or II. Also get the Storz&Bickel volcano grinder, it's really good for vapes. I use the original Arizer SOLO every day. The SOLO II has improved airflow and more precise temperature adjustment and better battery life, also a bit smaller than the original. Good quality and durable.

RB56

Veteran
Also, for the Arizer Solo, Solo II and Air, the straight stems are enough easier to clean that it isn't worth bothering with the bent stems.