What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
a new season is right around the corner and i know there are a lot of football fans who frequent ICMag

who knows who will be hot this year
at this point every team has potential and you never know whats in store as a fan
so who do you like?!?

packerfan79

Veteran
Packers, are going to be making a run at the playoffs, hopefully making it to the big show.

Pop Rocks, are you a chargers fan? I was disappointed San Diego didn't fight harder to keep the Chargers. LA is a crappy city. They don't deserve 2 teams alone 1.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
i was a San Diego chargers fan
/always will be, LTs induction was hella sweet

i dont really have a team right now

totally agree that the packers will be in the hunt this year

packerfan79

Veteran
i was a San Diego chargers fan
/always will be, LTs induction was hella sweet

i dont really have a team right now

totally agree that the packers will be in the hunt this year

I feel ya, I worked in San Diego off and on for the last 6 or 7 years. I would be wavering in my fanhood, if the city just let a competitive team leave. It seems like city did little to try to keep the team.

We always have room for another packer fan, Pop. Just not another packer fan 79, lol

rolandomota

A winning season doesn't mean shit if you lose the first playoff game. The Cowboys are going to play tomorrow i hope they make it to playoffs and dont lose the first one again. Dak was looking like romo in that playoff game with the comeback in the last moment that didnt work lol.
Theirs a guy from my city that went to my highschool and is now playing with the packers. Also my varsity quarterback made it to the nfl he sucked but he made it john skelton played for the cardinals a few games anyway back to whos your team?

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Much thanks for starting the thread, pop rocks. I've said it before, but that avatar you use is hilarious.

My 9ers are looking decent tonight. Gotta tighten up that pass coverage, but they'll figure it out. Training camp has been brutal, which is a good thing. Shanahan isn't fucking around, lol. Don't think the 9ers are gonna make the playoffs this year, but they've got lots of tools to build on for the coming seasons.

As much as I hate to say it...and I'm no fan, believe me...but, the Raiders are going to be tough this year. They lost McFadden, but they got beastmode. Even though he's old, I think he's still got plenty left in the tank.

What's up with Dallas? Elliot got a 6 game suspension in the latest row of Dallas players that can't keep it together. If Kaep hadn't taken a knee during the National Anthem last season and decided to beat his girlfriend up instead, he'd probably be starting for Miami right now. Sometimes I don't know what the NFL is thinking, but whatever.

Getting my fantasy draft together for the live draft in two weeks. I'll post up my first 100 pre-draft picks next week. Go NINERS!!!

HB.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ive always wanted to call you out Packerfan!No hate,just friendly rivalry.the Bears almost beat the Broncos!we got a good team this year! i got a buddy who comes by but he always wears his Aaron Rodgers jersey just cause he knows it pisses me of!I wont lie he is good.But hey,call me oppitimistic,but the Bears got a good shot for our division this year.

packerfan79

Veteran
Ive always wanted to call you out Packerfan!No hate,just friendly rivalry.the Bears almost beat the Broncos!we got a good team this year! i got a buddy who comes by but he always wears his Aaron Rodgers jersey just cause he knows it pisses me of!I wont lie he is good.But hey,call me oppitimistic,but the Bears got a good shot for our division this year.

Rivalry is all good shithawk. I am sad to say it but my dad is a Vikings fan so I am used to shit talking. Fortunately my Packers, can take your Bears, and my dad's Vikings.

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah,but did you see Glennon almost beat the Broncos?I think the Bears might take our division.oh,hey!you don't have Clay Matthews anymore!you already stole our J.peppers!either way I can't wait for the Bears to play the Packers!Stay cool you cheese head!

packerfan79

Veteran
Yeah,but did you see Glennon almost beat the Broncos?I think the Bears might take our division.oh,hey!you don't have Clay Matthews anymore!you already stole our J.peppers!either way I can't wait for the Bears to play the Packers!Stay cool you cheese head!

The loss of Matthews definitely sucks that guy is a beast. I didn't see the game. Peppers is a solid player. I think the division belongs to the pack he he. Rivalry games are always good, we will see how the season plays out.

shithawk420

Veteran
Hehe,same to you,you fucking cheesehead! Just kidding buddy!I'm gonna go eat some chi town pizza and hotdogs!lol

packerfan79

Veteran
Hehe,same to you,you fucking cheesehead! Just kidding buddy!I'm gonna go eat some chi town pizza and hotdogs!lol

Bratwurst, cheese curds and beer on the menu here. Not a fan of hotdogs but definitely like Chicago style pizza, none of that floppy new York crap. Lol.

By the way I take the fucking cheesehead as a compliment.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
ahaha
thats the spirit! who dosent like friendly football rivalry
sometimes the sting of a loosing season dosent hurt so bad, as long as you can just beat those damn //insert rival teams name here//
but lets keep out cool here fellas, deep dish or thin crust pizza, its all good!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Theirs a guy from my city that went to my highschool and is now playing with the packers. Also my varsity quarterback made it to the nfl he sucked but he made it john skelton played for the cardinals a few games anyway back to whos your team?

I remember john skelton. He was part of that stable of terrible cardinals qb's that got whisenhunt fired and wasted a few years of fitzgerald's prime. I think his biggest accomplishment was dating ali landry, some model/actress...

My 9ers are looking decent tonight. Gotta tighten up that pass coverage, but they'll figure it out. Training camp has been brutal, which is a good thing. Shanahan isn't fucking around, lol. Don't think the 9ers are gonna make the playoffs this year, but they've got lots of tools to build on for the coming seasons.

Getting my fantasy draft together for the live draft in two weeks. I'll post up my first 100 pre-draft picks next week. Go NINERS!!!

HB.

Do you think beathard is their qb of the future? Probably more so than hoyer and barkley, who even the bears didnt want to keep.
I'd be interested in seeing your top 100 for fantasy football...

It was trubisky who played most of that game. He looked good, didn't try to force throws like cutler did, but id feel better about him if he didn't do it against 3rd and 4th stringers on defense. Still, promising.

The loss of Matthews definitely sucks that guy is a beast. I didn't see the game. Peppers is a solid player. I think the division belongs to the pack he he. Rivalry games are always good, we will see how the season plays out.

Did Clay Mathews go anywhere? He hasn't had a really good season for a couple years now (last year struggled with injuries, the year before had to play inside LB) but if he stays healthy and gets to play edge rusher i could see him getting double digit sacks again. He'll probably miss sacking jay cutler, but if he faces glennon he'll probably do well (glennon being the definition of a tall, immobile qb).

the san diego fox affiliate has decided to not air the chargers preseason games here in san diego
instead they have inked a two year deal with the los angeles rams
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/26/los-angeles-rams-fox-affiliate-deal-san-diego/

last night they were even calling themselves "...san diegos home" of the los angeles rams

Isnt fox affiliated with the NFC, and CBS with the AFC? Were chargers games on your local cbs affiliate before the move?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
foxs' coverage of nfc football could explain it

but yeah cbs-8 normally carries the chargers
/checks schedule
interestingly enough, it looks like both the chargers and rams will be options during the preseason

regular season cbs will air chargers football here in san diego and i guess fox will air its "game of the week" format

topheavy420

Ahh the preseason optimizm!!! Gotta love it!

I'm with your dad packerfan, vikes gonna rule the north!

Their D against the packs O should make for some fun games at the least!

I'm suspect of the vikes O and the packs D, I don't think either will have any wow factor but they may develop throughout the season.

Here's to another crazy nfl season boys!

shithawk420

Veteran
I know it's only preseason but that was a hell of a game the Bears played against the cardinals.the bears are gonna own our division unless rodgers can stop us.I told you so.it's not like the cardinals suck either.unless Glennon becomes the next cutler and keeps throwing interceptions,we are gonna go to the playoffs.wasn't impressed with the Packers at all tonight.but hey I said it's only the preseason so we shall see

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the rams "ones" looked good against the raiders last night
goff looked like he is starting to make the adjustment to the nfl and has some new targets
recently acquired sammy watkins looked ok but we will see if he can shake the injury bug and play a whole season in la
carr was a bit off it and the raiders d looked kind of slow at times, but kalil mack spent a lot of time in the rams backfield

Latest posts

Latest posts