What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Closed environment agriculture

B

Bleed~green

Has anyone ever heard of a micro CEA or sealed grow? Just wondering, I know it's been said that it's best suited for commercial growers.
Thanks
Bg

You realize this is the micro forum? ;)

Big automation, computer controlled environment, hydro and aeroponics ....

Your correct this is the realm of high end commercial agriculture. If you're going to see this, it would probably be after US legalization ... though if you want to explore a model, see if any of the tobacco growers are doing it ... that'd be the closest parallel.

I suspect for scale, it's gonna be tough to beat outdoor if legal hurdles are removed; but that wasn't your question ;)

B

Bleed~green

Thanks for the reply. Yes I realize this is the micro forum. I must have misunderstood CEA. I guess what I am really curious about would be sealed grow cabs, like no new air in or out just recirculating the same air and adding co2. Could this be done efficiently? I realize heat would probably be a problem, but it would add to the stealth of it to help reduce odors.

Latest posts

Latest posts