What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When can I trim in flower ......

Dr.deadthumb

Trimmed 13 days ago . Been in flower for 5 days an they blew up ... Way to much excess growth ... well I think there is ...so am I wrong.. If not when can I trim them

W

willyweed

your pics are not showing? you may have to change the settings!

W

willyweed

they look good,would not trim anything yet! perhaps a bit of trimming after the buds form a bit more .its a very fine art ,and remember you can not stick any back on at a later date.
good luck .willyweed

Jnugg

Veteran
I wouldn't touch a thing until the initial stretch is over...about 4/5 weeks of flowering.

Dr.deadthumb

Thanks for ur info guys . So I don't have to ask in 4/5 when it's time to trim it down a Lil .. How much do I trim ...trim A Lil at a time to just all at once ..

What are you wanting to trim? Fans? Lower level sites? Many threads on defoliation, pruning and training. Starts with an objective or problem to solve though.

coldcanna

Veteran
Don't go too crazy during stretch but its usually a safe bet to trim the bottom 1/4-1/3 of each branch to take care of larfy buds and sucker branches, when stretch is over you can start to gradually remove fan leaves