What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moving up in the world...

H G Griffin

Not trying to be a tattletale but isn't against TOU to share private messages? I swear this place is a shadow of it's former self and I'm very disappointed in a lot of people here.very sad indeed.puppetmasters pulled most peoples strings like a marrionet and you fell for it.hook line sinker.

Sharing private messages means posting the content AND the author. Without the author's identity, what exactly are you saying is the offense here, in this particular situation?

Also, it was not a private message, OP clearly states that it was feedback left with rep.

I think you may have picked the wrong hill to die on here. This just seems like misplaced white-knighting.

Also, to @armedoldhippy, congratulations on your new star status. ;)

igrowone

Veteran
have to add another congrats here
it's the antithesis of the original lame rep message, and positive fights the negative

shithawk420

Veteran
if i was to name the giver of such largesse, then yes, i would be violating the rules. WTF are you talking about, other than that minor quibble?:biglaugh:

I'm sorry buddy.i had a momentary lapse of reason.im getting old and cranky.i assume it had to do with the political stuff going on here and there's a reason why I stay away from those threads.good posters are gone because of this political shit

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Think of the speakers corner as a piece of loose pipe out in a pasture. If it has a nest of stinging insects inside, and you bump it a little, the insects all "buzz" for a while. It is fun to bump the pipe a tad to get the buzz started, then drive the tractor away.

imiubu

Think of the speakers corner as a piece of loose pipe out in a pasture. If it has a nest of stinging insects inside, and you bump it a little, the insects all "buzz" for a while. It is fun to bump the pipe a tad to get the buzz started, then drive the tractor away.

Hahahaha! Great analogy!

armedoldhippy

Veteran

we used to sit back about thirty yards & shoot hell out of hornet nests with our BB guns. boy, were they pissed...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
The problem with hornets and bees is that they hate you and if they see you messing with the nest or any of their comrades will recognize/remember you and hunt you down for the rest of the summer.:tiphat:

igrowone

Veteran
The problem with hornets and bees is that they hate you and if they see you messing with the nest or any of their comrades will recognize/remember you and hunt you down for the rest of the summer.:tiphat:
I can attest to this - had a small hornet nest on my garage
killed them over time by hand and not a sting(I'm pretty quick)
but stragglers returned over time, must have seen me do the deeds
one in particular saw me good 30 feet away and came straight for me
kung fu-ed it with a spatula

imiubu

On avg., every other year, hornets make a huge nest in the Maple tree out front. I discovered a guy that will come remove the nests for free. He then sells them for use in allergy treatments.

Summer before last some kids from around the block were throwing stuff up at the nest. I didn't catch them at first. When I finally figured out what they were up to, one of the kids got stung pretty heavily. The hornets chased him over 1/2 a block to sting him. He was whining and I told him that he made the hornets angry when he attacked their home (suck it up butter cup!). Fun times lol. Kids didn't eff with those hornets again though :D