What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lolab Valley Kashmiri

Breadwizard

Here's the favorite of the volunteers, already beginning to branch out, four nodes and just about an inch tall. Sprouted on 2/16

Attachments

• photo2031799.jpg
    photo2031799.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Breadwizard

Here's the underskirt shot of the Syrian x Lolab plant. Hard to tell in this light, but the stems have turned deep red/purple, along with the undersides of the leafs. Flowers seem to more open and airy than the cross to the PNW purple, and look like they'll foxtail quite a bit.

Attachments

• photo2034482.jpg
    photo2034482.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82

Breadwizard

Here's a couple of the Lolab volunteers, to show the scale and extent to the dwarfism in this line. These volunteers were from the pot that contained my favorite female from the original P1, do these should be the product of selected open pollination (I did remove the stretchiest males with longest innernodes last year).

Plants are approximately 2 months old, they popped up on 2/16, after a rainstorm

Attachments

• photo2035899.jpg
    photo2035899.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 72

Breadwizard

They're a fun line to toy around with, lots of unique traits like heavy early branching and dwarf Architecture, along with lots of color. Still haven't come across a red bleeder yet, but maybe one in this batch will show.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Well I'm hoping to run Deep Purple Dashti outdoors if my seeds will get here in the next week. The early aspect and high humidity tolerance of these Indian strains has me intrigued...I also have some Erdpurt x Purple Satellite seeds that I made last year and am trying to pop a couple of those right now.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So Bread, I took it that the Lolab had next to no psychoactive effects? I bought it because Irrazinig said it had the best effects for him of his various strains. I doubt he lied so that means if you run enough of these you will find some with decent potency.

I have a pack of Manipuri germinating and this is supposed to be his most psychoactive strain.:jump:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Those are next on my order list yesum. Won't be able to try them until fall though...Wish you good luck with the germination. :)

Breadwizard

Irrazinig certainly said that, however he didn't have it as herb I don't think, but as sifted or handrub hash. I haven't grown enough biomass to make any handrub, not have the set-up for screened hash. I was planning on making some water hash from this batch of volunteers, so we'll see. (I did make some kief from last year's, and there was some effect there)

I did get the impression from the potcast interview that Irrazinig was not only a hash guy, but was used to less strong weed, mentioning that stuff from the US was stronger.

I do think there is some stronger plants if you go searching, possibly strong enough to be had as herb, but the majority should likely be hashed to catch much of a buzz off them.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Just put 4 seeds in some dirt, my usual method...you were right Breadwizard, these seeds looked like fly specks they were so small. Thinking I might try the paper towel method with a few more and maybe get something to sprout... I just lost my one Deep Purple Dashti to damping off which hasn't happened to me in ages. Trying to get some more of those to crack as well.

Breadwizard

I had the worst time germing these, as cataloged earlier in the thread. I'm betting you'll get more to come up from soil than paper towel. Don't give up on the soil ones, they'll come up in their own time. I left last year's seed tray out in the elements, and got a bunch of the original seeds coming up this year after the first "early spring" rainstorm, nearly a year later.

Breadwizard

Mini update on the volunteers: the two favorites have declared, one male, one female. Even under the long light hours, they still appear to be starting flower, size is about 6-8" tall

Attachments

• photo2043100.jpg
    photo2043100.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 64

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Hmmm, maybe I will try that. I'll stick a couple seeds out in my cold frame which is full of lettuce right now but it has a ton of room and will soon be leaving the top off for the season. I also read a while back on a thread about starting very old seeds that fresh earth worm castings can encourage reluctant germinators.

Breadwizard

Here's a picture showing why the Lolab spreads so easily. I'm sure this is a survival tactic that has been bred out of more domesticated lines, the seed forms very rapidly, fully dark within 3 weeks, and the bract does not cover or hold the seed in, so that the slightest movement or wind sheds the ripe seeds to the soil. This picture is about a week and a half since pollination from a nearby male.
Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210520_194215996.jpg Views:	2 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	17861782

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gonna pop my pack of Lolab this grow and try to cross it with a Dakshinkali, which is a Himalayan Ganja strain with some potency. Hopefully the magic in the Lolab can be mixed into a potent line from the same area or not that far off. I am not much into growing dozens of plants and making kief.

Breadwizard

Gonna pop my pack of Lolab this grow and try to cross it with a Dakshinkali, which is a Himalayan Ganja strain with some potency. Hopefully the magic in the Lolab can be mixed into a potent line from the same area or not that far off. I am not much into growing dozens of plants and making kief.
Thanks for the ping on the thread, I had another season where I planted out a mini (18"x18") bed with 100+ seeds and culled for dwarf structure and early branching at a first pass, ending up with a good number of females to sift through. I'll get some pictures up and a proper post soon.

Good luck with germing and the cross! I ended up finding a few that were more potant, but still pretty close to 2-3/10 on a rough scale.