What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pineapples Oaxacan Thread

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Damn those Hawaiians look nice!
Thought the buds would be more fluffy, looks like a good yielder to get your stash full for some time

Yes indeed, it's a goold yielding Strain.

That's how the longest flowering pheno looks like. (pic made on May 4th) :)

DSC09634.JPG

DSC09652.JPG

DSC09647.JPG

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Recognised any hermy tendencies so far?

Well, i have 21 females (HS1-HS21)

And that's the list of all Plants which show a few late nanners so far:

HS1
HS2
HS5
HS6
HS7
HS9
HS12
HS14
HS15
HS16
HS18
HS20
HS21

A Grower from the US told me he is growing the Hawaiian Sativa since 98' and it's still one of his all time favorites. He said the first 10 Years he grew the HS exclusively Outdoors and never had nanners, but as soon as he started to grow the line Indoors he found some nanners and selected for the nanner free Plants. And that's the same im doing right now, sort out all hermies and work with just the clean Plants.

My guess is, the Hawaiian Sativa was selected for a long time exclusively outdoor, maybe that's why they show the nanners when being grown indoors.

When reading the HS description it says:

"Hawaiian Sativa is a pure Sativa (origininating from the big Island of Hawaii and found in abundance not far from Mauna Kea.) that's been bred and stabilized for more than 20 years on Vancouver Island."

So it was stabilized for more than 20 Years on Vancouver Island, i would interpret it like being grown and selected OUTDOOR on Vancouver Island. I would say it's and IBL, as most Plants are showing the same traits (smell, look, High) but there is still a very nice variation, a lot of vigor with huge sized buds, no sign of inbred depression so far. I think they worked with many Plants for selection, which at the time the HS was first released speaks also more for Outdoor runs.

I do have a very nice pheno which so far happily shows no nanners, happily this pheno also is the best smelling one for my taste. This one has aromas of VickVaporub, a bit Citrus, a creamy note and a very nice spicyness which i really like. Would even say there is something like a sweet onion like background note, very nice clear energetic high from the first early fast dried sample, fills the air with a great aroma.

That's the one:

DSC09781.JPG

Im happy to have a raw environment, that helps for stresstesting and finding good stable Plants.

Alpenglow

I had that too with a Kerala, late nanners. But as i went for open polination with that 14 Seeds i had, i will try on the next run to reduce the light at the end, if it dont work out i will sort them

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
The Male Pollen would be great for an an Cross with the Baglung Nepali Landrace.

Yes could be an interesting cross, but the Baglung Nepali seems to be a pretty sensitive line, at least Indoors, but Outdoor should work nice. Vermontman works a lot with the Bluehemp Baglung Nepali, he found many many hermies the first years. I do have a good amount of Purple Satellite Seeds from the very first release left.

And since i haven't uploaded much pics on IC lately here some more Hawaiian Sativa pics. :)

DSC09956.JPG
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00022.JPG
DSC00034.JPG
DSC00025.JPG
DSC09929.JPG
DSC00045.JPG
DSC00029.JPG

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Yes could be an interesting cross, but the Baglung Nepali seems to be a pretty sensitive line, at least Indoors, but Outdoor should work nice. Vermontman works a lot with the Bluehemp Baglung Nepali, he found many many hermies the first years. I do have a good amount of Purple Satellite Seeds from the very first release left.

And since i haven't uploaded much pics on IC lately here some more Hawaiian Sativa pics. :)

Yeah i am Talking about Outdoor. Indoor from My Point of you it makes no sence. I got the Baglung Nepali F3 this year outdoor. Still Waiting for the Outing. It seems that Lala did good work with it. i Love the pictures of it from Scheibi Last year.

Do you have hint where i can get this seeds?

Purple S - Yeah i aprriciate to See it this year at g.ch as well.

PS: Love the Rastapheno of your HS <3

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Do you have hint where i can get this seeds?

Purple S - Yeah i aprriciate to See it this year at g.ch as well.

PS: Love the Rastapheno of your HS <3

Which Seeds do you mean? :)

Yes the Rastapheno is nice, not the best or strongest smelling pheno, but nice long Cola with a nice clear High as far as i can tell atm. Have this Pheno in reveg, but tend more to the faster Vicks Menthol Phenos.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Which Seeds do you mean? :)

Yes the Rastapheno is nice, not the best or strongest smelling pheno, but nice long Cola with a nice clear High as far as i can tell atm. Have this Pheno in reveg, but tend more to the faster Vicks Menthol Phenos.

I mean the HS, of course! Yes i know you Love the Wick Pheno. Imagine with Gummybear undertones of the Nepali :)

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
I mean the HS, of course! Yes i know you Love the Wick Pheno. Imagine with Gummybear undertones of the Nepali :)

Hmm, i got my HS from Vermontman, but he sadly not allowed me to give out the Seeds from this stock. A other source would be RC_Colas, but it seems he wasn't online since end last Year. There are quite a few people who got some HS Seeds from RC_Colas, my advise would be looking for these people and ask them. Problem is you're relatively new here on IC, maybe would require a bit time to make some friends to get those genetics.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Ok understood. First of all thanks for you honest feedback. Maybe you can ask if it is ok if I just hit few pistils of my Nepali with a bit Pollen of the HS. Than I didnt get the genetic pure or itself?

I am looking forward to start 2-3 really serious outdoorprojects I will work with. For sure if I have to commit that I will not share it - I will promise. Maybe this could be an solution.

If not I am maybe sad, not angry :) I just had this idea with the Nepali and it feels pretty right.

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Ok understood. First of all thanks for you honest feedback. Maybe you can ask if it is ok if I just hit few pistils of my Nepali with a bit Pollen of the HS. Than I didnt get the genetic pure or itself?

I am looking forward to start 2-3 really serious outdoorprojects I will work with. For sure if I have to commit that I will not share it - I will promise. Maybe this could be an solution.

If not I am maybe sad, not angry :) I just had this idea with the Nepali and it feels pretty right.

I've kept quite a few HS males, but i always cut them back when they start to show their balls. Atm im preparing my Cherry Fire Pie OG male to dust the selected Hawaiian girls and the CBG Oax'79 s1 cut, so i not want any other pollen flying around right now. But when im done with these crosses we can talk again about those Hawaiian males. :)

But keep in mind that the HS females have shown late nanners on a lot of Plants, so i can't promise that the males are stable without letting them flowering till end.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
I've kept quite a few HS males, but i always cut them back when they start to show their balls. Atm im preparing my Cherry Fire Pie OG male to dust the selected Hawaiian girls and the CBG Oax'79 s1 cut, so i not want any other pollen flying around right now. But when im done with these crosses we can talk again about those Hawaiian males. :)

But keep in mind that the HS females have shown late nanners on a lot of Plants, so i can't promise that the males are stable without letting them flowering till end.

Thanks men that is a good info :) but unfortunately I am only Outdoor activ and my Nepali will start to flower in 4-6 weeks ;) never the less I would take it in fridge and try to do it next year. It would be great if there is the possibility to get some Pollen soon because then we can see it already next year.

otherwise I don’t care if I have in 5 or 6 years a stable cross between Nepali x HS.

From my point of view the possibility of nanners will decrease a lot if you grow them outdoors. Same like Nepali.

Thanks for thinking about and if you need my confirmation that I will not share the cross I will promise.

Let us grow.

bonghopper

How are those genetic minglings working out in the stem smells at this stage?

Your Double Oaxacan strain looks incredible, I'm a big fan of mexican lines. Have you come across any carrot/parsnip flavours in there?
I grow a Reeferman Lovepotion x Mextiza line outdoors at 53N with those lovely mexican effects coming through.
Just got a delivery of all of Vmans gear for this season for testing up here, very excited :)

Have really enjoyed looking at your grows, keep up the good work

Latest posts

Latest posts