What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey golfers !! Havent been playing as much lately . Ive had some neck problems so have given it a break . Went out today and played a round . Wasnt such a good round but did have one really nice highlight . I got an eagle 2 on a par 4 today. 445 yard par 4 , the second hardest hole on this course. I hit a 7 iron from somewhere close to 180 yards out , a little down hill onto the green. I could see it roll across the green but thought it went off the back . After looking for it for a while i finally turned back towards the hole ... BAM there it was .. in the hole . Wooop !! what a fun day !!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Hey golfers !! Havent been playing as much lately . Ive had some neck problems so have given it a break . Went out today and played a round . Wasnt such a good round but did have one really nice highlight . I got an eagle 2 on a par 4 today. 445 yard par 4 , the second hardest hole on this course. I hit a 7 iron from somewhere close to 180 yards out , a little down hill onto the green. I could see it roll across the green but thought it went off the back . After looking for it for a while i finally turned back towards the hole ... BAM there it was .. in the hole . Wooop !! what a fun day !!
congrats on the eagle. 180 w a 7 iron.. good poke.
Me, after 2017 golf cart 'accident': left rotor cuff op, melanoma removal, right shoulder replacement, rehabilitation period (3-4 months), and then associated back/disk surgery. I was hitting a 3 wood at the driving range pretty good yesterday. Today my back is asking why I did it. Not terrible pain but to be expected some. I am psyched, hope to be back in the game in the spring (I'm jonesin). Hope I can wait that long.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greens are hard and fast , ball bounces like its hitting concrete ... tap your club on the green it sounds like your knocking on a door. Its a tough game but someone has to play it !! Lets hope the coming rain just thaws it out and doesnt leave any snow :)

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
the concrete part. we had worst drought in 60yrs early this last summer. funny watching them balls bounce down the fairway after drive. broke my record distance tho

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
So in the last 3 years, I've had left shoulder rotor cuff surgery, right shoulder replaced and lower back diskectemy (L4&5). NO GOLF.
I went to the driving range and was very discouraged..

Lost 25 lbs 3 months (medifast .. I recommend) and went back to the gym for cardio and lower back strengthening.

I wasnt encouraged after 4-5 times at the range again.. was hitting a 6 iron as far as an 8 iron and my 3 wood was going 5 iron distance.
Then the new golf magazine came.. golf magazine tips are/have been generally the same decade after decade but in this latest issue there were tips from teaching professionals under 28 years old. And they were a little different. here is one that made me remember my hand position at address and my driving range experiences much more productive. Hand position at address:

EDIT: Sorry I didnt rotate them.

Attachments

• 20210125_060509.jpg
    20210125_060509.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20210125_060516.jpg
    20210125_060516.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 78

St. Phatty

Golf being well adapted to "social distancing", I would think it would be attracting players.

But the local golf course is expensive. Membership etc.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Golf is up everywhere. Last year saw many courses have record years.

Scored a new set of clubs today. Now the Jones has become real lol. It is 18 degrees outside today.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Scored a new set of clubs today. Now the Jones has become real lol. It is 18 degrees outside today.

the courses are less crowded like that, though. ;) aint played for a LONG time, but i know better than to try to take a divot when the ground is frozen, lol. looking forward to softer dirt...:bigeye:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
New irons should be here today. I prefer used clubs. I'd rather pay 200 for a 900 set that is 4-5 years old and lightly used. Just makes more sense. Then if I hate them I usually can sell them for a profit. Allowing me to try several brands. I just have not found "the ones" yet, which then I will buy a new set and tweak.

Conclusion, I suck lol, my game needs a complete overhaul starting with my swing.

Soooooo I need to develop a new swing. Long time coming as I've had a lot of injuries and need a smoother more classic swing. No more 130 mph swing that looks like I'm battling bats in a phone booth.

My goal is to play at least once a day April - Oct.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like our goals Lester , I try to play as much as possible . i also buy used clubs , except my wedges :) This old man swing is a lot diff then a young mans swing , we just dont flex the same !!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I was planning on new wedges but the iron set came with PW, AW, SW that do not look used. Figured I'd save myself 300 and try them out at least. Totally agree, wedges are not a place to skimp.

@Bud I live 2 miles from the course and hiring help this season will free up some serious time. I am planning to start a round every morning at dawn. We shall see, definitely a lofty goal....now if it would just stop snowing..

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like there might be some decent weather saturday . Hoping to get a round of golf in with my son. Hope for good weather !!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Playing in a scramble tomorrow, its called the Chilly Scramble . Calling for temps in the low 40's with about a 7 mph breeze. Should be a great time ... better bring plenty of puffs :)

Latest posts

Latest posts