What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tashkurgan grow and smoke report

When I hit the Tashkurgan with fem STS Tart Kush pollen, I will select a branch far from the branch that I hit with Tash reg pollen u send. I may a different Tashkurgan plant with different pollen if I have two really good female phenos to choose from. I keep the Tart Kush female STS outside in a 15 gallon smart pot until it is about to pop pollen, at which time I bring it into a tent to harvest the pollen to make sure I don't have pollen flying around. The Tashkurgan that I decide to pollinate with be in the ground.

Probably will pollinate in August. I'd like to know the cannabinoid content, I'm sure there will be variation within the plants, but I'm guessing like a 10%THC and 6%CBD.

djav59

We shall see I must say they are unlike the afghan of old I used to grow .
I love them I just hope 1 female .

I'm seeing a couple of the plants showing likely male, but I am amazed how long it is taking the Tashkurgan to sex. I haven't found seen any signs of the white pistil female in any of the Tashkurgan yet. I went to my buddy's permaculture farm today and none of his Tashkurgan are showing sex either. The good news is that the Tashkurgan's at the farm have been outside since February and are doing well. They also are not going to reveg in May if the Tashkurgan keep up this veg phase and don't show their sex. I popped some heirloom kush hybrids a couple weeks after the Tashkurgan and they have shown their sex already. I'm giving them supplemental light, but if I didn't they would likely be in flower and start to reveg in a few weeks.

I'm having trouble uploading attachments/pics from my phone. Maybe it is because service is weak or maybe we can only upload so much (kb) on icmag? I also took cuts of the Tashkurgan plants with nice structure, they have already rooted and I'm going to start to flower them soon to get a good idea of not only the structure but also the variation in pheno flowering.. I should be able to have a finished flower on the clones before I select which Tashkurgan seedling pheno I want to pollenate (I'm going to fem sts for pollen).

I just did another sex check and found a female barely showing, so it took about 55 days to find a Tashkurgan female. This is my second favorite Tashkurgan in structure and I already have a couple rooted clones of it.

djav59

All 3 of mine are female last one shown very small pistil finally I am just on rebound so they have suffered a bit Ill post as soon as I can ya I suck at uploads too.

Tash selecting

Tash selecting

Sun is getting stronger so they are going to stretch less and get stronger.

Attachments

• 20200411_144216.jpg
    20200411_144216.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 39

djav59

The vegetative stage of this plant is unlike anything I have dealt with before its very lush and tender doesn't seem to want to harden off .
Anyone else having that same observation?

The new growth on my Tashkurgan is lush and tender but the base stock has hardened off and is becoming woody. The closest plant in the pic is Tashkurgan, it is a pheno with purple petioles. The clones I took over a month ago and put into 12 hrs are starting to flower but this plant is not really showing sex yet (i know it is female from the clones). The large plants in the back are kush hybrids that are a couple weeks younger than the Tashkurgan and the little clones are Ice Cream Cake.
My friend already started putting the Tashkurgan females in the ground on his farm. He already has aphids and thrips eating the new growth, he is hands off on the IPM.
Whats the answer to your quiz? Definitely like the more bushy plant, looks like two different phenos but I bet there is a different answer. Did u deleaf?

Attachments

• 20200423_121443.jpg
    20200423_121443.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 36

djav59

What nobody wants a nice nickle ?
Well damn.

No but seriously I believe the smaller one was root bound note base of stem .
High pressure water and DR.Bronnners will get rid of on plant but here the pests are coming out like crazy too.
DE and a good duster too.

Last edited:
Yeah all my cuts rooted fine, clonex. It took the Tashkurgan clones a little longer to start taking off than I expected.
Root bound makes sense, Im keeping mine in a 7 gal smart pot until I plant it in the ground in late May. There are still getting a little bit of supplemental light.

2 phenos, one with green stems and one with purple stems? Most of my Tashkurgan had green stems but the one I plan to pollinate has purple stems. I'm pretty sure the purple is genetic, though sometimes purple stems are a sign of stress.

Latest posts

Latest posts